Why are certain sheep in the nightmares? (Spoilers)

Meryl Gear Solid

So i recently finished the game and got the endings Sleepless Nights, Lord Of The Night and Whatever Buddy so if my question is answered in any of the other endings please just let me know and just tell me which ending it is.

But i was wondering;

[spoiler=cathspoils]Why are Johnny and Orlando in the nightmares? From what i understand Johnny was interested in Katherine but he didn't cheat with her and only asked her out once she split with Vincent and Orlando said he was the one who got cheated on? Did i miss some line of dialogue explaining this or is it just left a mystery?

Edited by Xander45

So i recently finished the game and got the endings Sleepless Nights, Lord Of The Night and Whatever Buddy so if my question is answered in any of the other endings please just let me know and just tell me which ending it is.

[spoiler=catherinspoilsss]But i was wondering why are Johnny and Orlando in the nightmares? From what i understand Johnny was interested in Katherine but he didn't cheat with her and only asked her out once she split with Vincent and Orlando said he was the one who got cheated on? Did i miss some line of dialogue explaining this or is it just left a mystery?

[spoiler=catherineeeeespol]Basically they got thrown into the nightmare because they haven´t established a steady partnership and apparently don´t feel the need to. As "Dumuzid" aka "Mutton" says: Wild guys, which don´t establish partnership, marry and get children are detrimental to mankind. Therefore they get thrown into the nightmare.

It´s not like you get thrown into it, because you were cheating on your partner. Catherine is only needed to break up partnerships, which would otherwise continue. Her second "need" is her power as a Succubus: She is an ancient being, that enters mans dreams to perform evil.

Edited by Xander45

A note guys, even if you put "spoilers" in the thread title please use spoiler tags when putting in any info concerning the story.

The only time spoiler tags don't need to be used are in stuck story discussion threads such as this,

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/catherine/118680-story-discussion-thread-spoilers.html