Noob, Anything to look out for?

Cyclonedude

I'm currently downloading this game as part of PS+ and at soon will be playing the game, hoping to achieve the shiny platinum. I hear this game has a reputation for being difficult, I was just wondering if there is anything that I can do on my first playthroughs to be aware of or to focus on to make this task simpler. Any tips will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Yeah if you don't mine multiple playthroughs and dont want to rip your hair out the whole time start on easy and learn the mechanics of the game and the various moves you will need to master in order to get through hard difficult and the Babel levels.

Goodluck, its a great game and the story is really enjoyable

I take it 'Babel' is a difficulty? I'm clueless, I'm sorry!

No Babel is a seperate game mode to the main story. It consists of 4 levels, each increasingly more difficult. A guide cannot be used as each time you attempt these levels the layout changes. They will be the one thing that will determine if you get your platinum or not.

You have to know all the moves off by heart and be able to read the level to plan out what moves you will do long in advance. Its not for the faint hearted

basically the only hard parts would be the babel stages with the regular stages there made pretty easy because there are youtube videos showing how to do it so its just a simple case of pausing the game and following the video with the babel stages you can't do that its all random so you'd have to do that through trail and error.

Ah I see now. I'll wait for it to finish downloading so I can understand fully what you mean. It's a bit silly trying to understand it all now!

As long as there's nothing missable within the first ten minutes I'll be alright

Its worth checking the trophy guide out though as there are many missable trophies in the game. However, I reckon just play through on easy and get the most out of the story

yup, play on easy and just enjoy this awesome game. On my first playthrough on easy I missed most of the missable trophies so I simply followed the guide on my hard playthrough. If there were no guides or youtube videos then every part of this game would be very hard, but since the main game and a side mini-game Rapunzel stay the same everytime you play them, you can look up videos for solutions. Only Babel stages are all random so you can't really look it up and have to rely on your own skills.