Catherine, Try again !?

Trice

I had Catherine once for the xbox 360 i got most achievements but i could not get the last ones : The 5 babel stages.

I tried without guide and every time i got close to the end but always failed so i tried with a guide and for some reason the outcome was different from when i did it and after a while of failing i stopped trying and stopped playing the game.

My friend convinced me downloading Catherine cause its free for

psn-members, I still want to fully complete the game but in my head i keep thinking that i will fail the babel tower stage again i could not even finish the first stage.

so my question is should i play again and try to Platinum the game or leave it alone ?

Edited by Trice

Well, it's one of those games that's pretty hard, but you will probably be able to platinum if you just keep at it.

One thing that REALLY helps for doing Babel is to have two players doing it. Stages will be WAY simpler and shorter. Also, if you can't manage to get a friend to play with you, having two controllers is significantly more helpful as well.

I (for the most part) enjoyed getting the platinum trophy :p

Well, it's one of those games that's pretty hard, but you will probably be able to Platinum if you just keep at it.

One thing that REALLY helps for doing Babel is to have two players doing it. Stages will be WAY simpler and shorter. Also, if you can't manage to get a friend to play with you, having two controllers is significantly more helpful as well.

I (for the most part) enjoyed getting the Platinum trophy :p

This^

Catherine is Hard but (mostly) fair, you just have to keep practising. As Cookie has already said, having 2 Joypads will greatly improve your odds in Babel mode, Soloing Babel is possible (except for the final map which is bugged in the Western copies) but it is much harder doing it that way.

I've poured heaven knows how many hours into this game and some day I'm going to (P) it but I've loved every minute of it :).

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Babel is random- not completely and utterly, but there is a different arrangement of patterns each time.

I went into the game with no hope- I finished Menhir today and feel like this plat could be mine.

The best advice I could give is above- play pairs mode, it really helps, and practice practice practice. Its difficult but doable.

I say go for it :) if you have already got most of the achievements on the 360 it should be much easier this time around because you're experienced with the game, the second time i platinumed Catherine it was alot easier it took me 8 days.

Yea for Babel use 2 controllers there's less steps to climb.

Unfortunately i have only 1 controller so if i'm gonna do Catherine again i'll probably look for a partner.

The Babel stages are the levels I had the must trouble with. The order of the blocks are always randomized, meaning that this is your own pure skill and luck you're using. I was able to solo the Altar and Menhir but I used the two controller exploit for the Obelisk and Axis Mundi. Using two controllers is a lot easier since blocks fall slower and the patterns aren't as complex as in solo mode.

Unfortunately i have only 1 controller so if i'm gonna do Catherine again i'll probably look for a partner.

I only have one controller as well, so I just borrowed a controller from a friend at the school I used to go to.

Edited by SpadesOfDarkness

Anything with a directional pad will do.

For example I used/ am using a udraw tablet and successfully done Altar and Menhir, and it is pretty cheap.

I'll look into that thanks.

Edit : Only 10 Euro nice but will it actually work ?!

can i buy the thing and then just use it ?

You would think that in this day and age every-game would have online if it has co-op.

Edited by Trice
Merging.

• 1 month later...
This is one game i really wish had online co-op. I would never be out of the "Babel co-op partners thread"

I think online co-op would be more frustrating than anything else. Coordinating a guy sitting next to you is barely managable, let alone an online partner.

• 3 years later...
The one-person two controllers method sounds challenging enough without random block setups.

I got this (P) trophy 100% on my own. It's my favorite trophy in my card.

Beating the arcade on hard with a gold trophy was harder than Babel, using the two controller method.

You just pick one up, move up a few rows, then make the second character follow. It's actually not too bad with a little practice and perseverance.

I thought Babel stage 4 was glitched anyway, and you HAD to use two players.

Babel always repeats patterns. You need to learn the patterns, and the safe way to progress in the time allotted. Just keep trying.

Edited by shrapx