Stage 9-5 sucks! *spoilers*

Peabob_

I don't mind this game being challenging because for every other stage it is purely a skill challenge. However stage 9-5 is fucking cheap as hell! the boss's stamp attack seems to be able to get you where ever you are on the screen. the only way I've found to avoid it is to 'glitch' the game. If you move to another block at just the right time the game does not register a hit against you, even if his foot hits you square in the face.

Bit of a disappointment for such a well crafted skill game that they just luck spam you right at the end.

Try to keep moving when he attempts to stomp you, he never hit me when I was on the move, even though I thought he did on a few occasions.

I found that 9-5 was harder than 9-6 even though it took me less tries - luck plays a part but you don't necessarily have to achieve a flawless run to maintain gold. I mucked up the last 3-4 steps and lost my multiplier but still managed a gold overall on world 9. Keep trying!

Yeah if you keep moving he shouldn't get you and that's on hard difficulty although i do have to say that 9-5 is the hardest of the Golden Theater stages, it took me two hours to beat this one.

Also 9-6 isn't random, the blocks do follow a pattern and you can actually manipulate it if you know about it.

If you want to know how that works check out this link:

Walkthrough:The Empireo 9-6 - Catherine Wiki

• 1 year later...

Hmm... got me once or twice. Far more annoying are his gunshots. He takes forever to aim and likes to shoot blocks i need.

Even more importantly though: I thought that he was incredibly cool sitting in his chair, coming around and just stomping at you :)