Please tell me everyone sucks at this game as much as me

Peabob_

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is hard the first time you play, I spent an hour trying to avoid the Level 5 boss (at least I think it was Lv5) but once you've studied the videos and looked up some hints and tips on the Catherine wiki, solving the puzzles becomes almost second nature :). Babel mode is 10x harder then Story mode due to how random it is, even with playing it in Pairs mode :(.

The video walkthroughs are essential as it's unlikely you will finish the game without looking at them at least once.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

I finished the first walkthrough today, and I think the game is very difficult.

But at the same time the story is so good (:

The puzzles are very complex, but in the end of the game its easier to solve the puzzles because you know more tricks (it isnt easy but you try different things, and you can solve the puzzles).

When they are teaching you new technics try to learn some, they help u a lot

It is a very hard game, reminds me of Demon Souls in a sense that you will die a lot and new strategies and things that work and things that don't. I was really bad when I first started and had to look up some solutions for normal difficulty. You'll get progressively better, especially after hard playthrough for gold prizes and the babel. So far I have now been able to knock off the first two stages of the babel in pairs so you will get there!

Don't worry about it, this game has a steep learning curve so it will take some time before you get used to it... I also felt this way at some point and i even rage quit at the babel stages but i came back and now i have the platinum so you just have to keep at it and you'll eventually get better.

Just play on the Easy difficulty if it's giving you trouble. It'll train you more for the harder difficulties if you're inclined to try them and go for more trophies and different endings. I was okay on Easy until the sixth stage and then I gave in and looked on Youtube for a few killer parts. I don't have the reflexes for this type of game. ;)

nnuuh i dont thinm its admitting defeat anymore youtube tuts and following what they do has given me more of a grip on the game and faster then i wouldof figured out myself! The whole 2nd last floor i didnt even need the tuts anymore coz i finally understand it now. I even got through the level with the boss and his big ass gun without tuts! This game is sooo rewarding.

Well I finally beat the game. I went back to replayed level 2 and 3 just to see how difficult they were in comparison and I got the gold prizes withotu even trying. Very steep learning curve to this game but I really enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

This game was the same for me in the beginning. In fact, I was even contemplating on changing it to easy mode.

Now that I have platinum the game, I have went back to the stages I used to struggle with and they are now really easy.

Just keep at it, and you'll find them easy later on too =]

This game was the same for me in the beginning. In fact, I was even contemplating on changing it to easy mode.

Now that I have platinum the game, I have went back to the stages I used to struggle with and they are now really easy.

Just keep at it, and you'll find them easy later on too =]

How many hours have you spent to get the platinum?

How many hours have you spent to get the platinum?

Took me around 50 something hours to platinum it. The hardest part for me was beating obelisk. And remember to use 2 controllers for axis mundi if you have the NA version (if they haven't patched it yet).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I made it through my first playthrough last year with no video help, but I did not get a single gold run. =P

Now I'm itching to pick it up again and work on that platinum, but the randomness of Babel intimidates me, haha. I will have to really work on playing the game again first. xD

You guys have great self-control, stage 6 was damn near impossible for me to beat on my own, I had to youtube walkthrough it. Most of all the rest I solo'd cept the last boss aswell, that stage was nasty. After that first playthough I breezed through hard with no help at all though, its really about mastering the techniques and knowing when to use which one.

• 3 weeks later...