To HELL with this game...

Zyzxx

I could post video here of my non-stop ass-reaming in attempt to finish with Gold on all Hard stages. I am on 9-1 now, and not to due lack of skill, but out of sheer stupid luck I am continually fucked by the random red blocks becoming EXPLOSIVES and lowering sections past where I need them.

It's one thing to make a game "hard" in the sense of a complicated puzzle to make you think, but to screw the player over 37 TIMES (I am keeping track) in a ROW with "random" blocks becoming explosive, is UNACCEPTABLE.

This game was moderately tolerable at first, but now I see it for the crock of shit that it is and I am FED UP with it.

/rant

P.S. If there is any way for me to change my PS3T score of this game, could someone let me know please? This game will be getting a rock-bottom 0/100 by me.

I can understand your grief. 9-1 shows just a little of what is to come. You sound like you're over this game so the only thing I can suggest is to maybe put it away and come back to it later?

9-1 to 9-4 are not big levels and can be finished quickly. Watch the videos in the guide, memorize the techniques it takes to get each level done (one at a time) and hope you can get lucky for once. Especially when you approach 9-2. Those monster blocks can be a real bastard.

Good luck to you if you decide to try again.

I could post video here of my non-stop ass-reaming in attempt to finish with Gold on all Hard stages. I am on 9-1 now, and not to due lack of skill, but out of sheer stupid luck I am continually fucked by the random red blocks becoming EXPLOSIVES and lowering sections past where I need them.

It's one thing to make a game "hard" in the sense of a complicated puzzle to make you think, but to screw the player over 37 TIMES (I am keeping track) in a ROW with "random" blocks becoming explosive, is UNACCEPTABLE.

This game was moderately tolerable at first, but now I see it for the crock of shit that it is and I am FED UP with it.

/rant

P.S. If there is any way for me to change my PS3T score of this game, could someone let me know please? This game will be getting a rock-bottom 0/100 by me.

If you are talking about Hard mode the last stages in Emporium actually have set patterns for randomized blocks.

Why? Because you're not very good at it?

No way do the red blocks become explosives as often as that, even the random block wall segment with the monsters... 37 times? Come on, really?

It's not that hard, not by a long shot, if you can't do it after 37 times then you need to do some practice work on earlier stages or even babel.

Good luck to you if you decide to try again.

Thanks for the good luck, but Lady Luck isn't on my side this time apparently...

Why? Because you're not very good at it?

No way do the red blocks become explosives as often as that, even the random block wall segment with the monsters... 37 times? Come on, really?

It's not that hard, not by a long shot, if you can't do it after 37 times then you need to do some practice work on earlier stages or even babel.

Like I said, skill has NOTHING to do with it. I wish I made video just to show that, and what I went through. More so, I resorted to watching video guides via YouTube, mimicking every move, and got the same result.

To update, I finally managed to get to 9-6, and after about 20 runs on that, I set it down to take a break (lest I go insane). I forgot my PS3 has Auto Shut-Off turn on, and came back to a turned off PS3.

Which means, I have to start all over again at 9-1...

fuuuuu.jpg

Nope. Done with this game. It was fun at first, but this made me absolutely LOATHE this game. Broke the disc and threw it away. The end.

EDIT: I have a theory and would like to just know this (if even just for the sake of knowing, before I ask to borrow a friend's copy of the game): I have been choosing to retry the stages from the cell phone, but can I simply have the difficulty changed and play the story mode to get the Gold, and save between every one? I am using a save from the 8th Night at the Stray Sheep. More so, since I already got Gold from 9-1 through 9-5, can I "Skip" past these levels now through regular gameplay? I would really appreciate confirmation on that, and a big thank you to anyone who can assist.

Edited by Zyzxx

Like I said, skill has NOTHING to do with it. I wish I made video just to show that, and what I went through. More so, I resorted to watching video guides via YouTube, mimicking every move, and got the same result.

Thats what you say, I have the platinum for this game and I wouldn't say that it's down to luck at all, even for babel, it's not as random as people make it out to be, even with random blocks being bombs, theres always a way to deal with them and get past, at no point do the main stages make it impossible for you to progress.

Luck has very little to do with the main stages, it sounds to me that you just need practice with more of the advanced techniques, following a video guide for the random block wall won't help you much at all, you need to learn the game and the techniques so you can react and over come the challenges.

Thats what you say, I have the platinum for this game and I wouldn't say that it's down to luck at all, even for babel, it's not as random as people make it out to be, even with random blocks being bombs, theres always a way to deal with them and get past, at no point do the main stages make it impossible for you to progress.

Luck has very little to do with the main stages, it sounds to me that you just need practice with more of the advanced techniques, following a video guide for the random block wall won't help you much at all, you need to learn the game and the techniques so you can react and over come the challenges.

Arguing this is pointless. If I cared enough to have recorded video, I could have presented what was happening in my playthough over and over again.

I am in no way an "expert" at the game, but I have been able to make it through everything without need of a guide up until now. And even when using the guide and doing exactly what is shown, I would still get shafted.

The game has become absolute garbage IMO, because rather than make it a fun and puzzling challenge, the game chooses to infuriate the player by backing them into an inescapable corner. Did I forget to mention how in every final stage I have dealt with cheap shot attacks from the bosses (for example, Mutton doing his boot kick 3 times nonstop IN A ROW, or in 9-6 having him rain a fireball JUST as I am pulling out a block towards the end)?

**This is all absolutely erroneous. At this point, all I want to know is if I now play through the storyline instead, can I skip 9-1 through 9-5 since I already "achieved" Gold in them (I'm assuming it saves this progress, hence the "Saving" after every Gold completion), so that I can save the game just before 9-6 and get this crap over and done with? I will be confirming this tonight, if I can borrow my friend's disc.**

UPDATE: Loaded my save and tried through the storyline to Skip, but it wasn't accessable. This game has destroyed my trophy spirit. Thanks Catherine.

Edited by Zyzxx

You broke the disc for the game? If you hated the game so much, then give the game away for free or at least sell it. It just seems like you wasted a good game disc and you couldn't do more with it than just destroy it.

I paid for it, and thus got the personal satisfaction that the game itself couldn't provide, by snapping it in half. And considering I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, why would I even give it away for free?

I could have sold the game or traded it in at one of my local game stores or GameStop to get something else, but that wouldn't have removed the bitter taste the game left. I didn't pay much for it anyway.

Fair enough. I would've used it as trade-bait with others to play other games like I did with Socom Confrontation or the God of War Collection but as you said, your game, your choice.

Lol! Never heard that terminology before.

Nah, felt better about it after I destroyed it. It damaged my "trophy spirit" (currently in recovery while playing LBP2), so I had do get rid of the heathen.

One of these days, when I'm feeling sadistic enough, I may finish it by borrowing my friends game. Although I'm sure he'll want collateral of cash in cash I break his also! LMAO!

If you knew what you were doing, you'd have been able to form paths to get through the Empireo without even stepping on a Mystery Block, thus reducing the chance of it fucking you over to 0. I found following video guides rather pointless for the entirety of world 9, as they all seem to try their luck with em, and a guide "solution" shouldn't really do that.

Took me a good day or two and two seperate runthroughs, but I managed it.

I went out of my way to avoid mystery blocks during Obelisk, you will not survive if you set of bombs without building a quick support.

Difficulty in no way makes a game bad. Atleast the game is difficult because it wants to offer a reasonable challenge in it's gameplay not fuck people over with how shitty the mechanics are to manoeuvre. If you've ever played a game like Duke Nukem Forever you would know what I mean. Trying to hump a backwards-rolling ball out a door? That's not hard, that's tedious. [spoiler=idddjjdj]Trying to destroy a creature that keeps squirting enemies that you have to kill first to throw the bombs and get a shot at the monster?, than on-top of that you need to look right down for button prompts and need your angle of prejoctery to be perfect but once you figured out the exact angle some monster comes up to you and fucks it up? Yeah, not hard, it's tedious.

The worst part is in Naughty Bear you need extremely high-scores but you can't get because you need to be fast and know where you're going, can't do that if the camera swings in different directions all the time and the game glitches you into your own trap. Again, not hard, tedious.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help but laugh.. I was/am feeling a bit like you, ready to give up, tired of the bullshit this game throws @ you, and I'm only on stage 4 or whatever.

I can't wait until I get to those late stages. This game was beginning to be so much fun especially because I was earning/earned gold on all the stages all by myself on normal. From earning gold in all the stages on hard, from that stupid arcade game in the corner and Babel, I can only shake my head and sigh..

Time to go to war.

PS- Zyzxx, I feel your pain dude. I hope you've pushed all the drama aside and are trying to get this here game done. I bid you good luck if you do.

9.1 isn't the problem on hard...9.5 is. One of my controllers is now in tiny little pieces thanks to Thomas Mutton.

Lol. Surely if you follow the videos in the guide step by step, this shouldn't pose any problem?

If anything, its Babel Mode you should be worrying about. I still need to go back to them sometime...:scared:

9.1 isn't the problem on hard...9.5 is. One of my controllers is now in tiny little pieces thanks to Thomas Mutton.

Amen to this. 9-5 can suck my left nut. So glad I never have to try that again.

Lol. Surely if you follow the videos in the guide step by step, this shouldn't pose any problem?

Tell that to the 8 hours I spent trying to do 9-5, even WITH the video. :(

If anything, its Babel Mode you should be worrying about. I still need to go back to them sometime...:scared:

The puzzle itself isn't hard at all, and isn't an issue if I wasn't going for the gold trophy. It's that stomp thing he does. There's one spot that gets me every time. It's right after he usually turns everything to dark blocks. I have to push two of them and if I've started pushing and he starts the stomp thing, there's not enough time to get Vincent out of the way. If I wait to push them until after he's stomped, I lose the combo. If I was just playing it to beat it, it wouldn't be a problem, I'd just wait for him to stomp and then push the dark blocks and continue, but I need to keep the full combo thing going. Hard mode wasn't hard for me at all except for the first baby puzzle, but this one's kicking my ass.

And I've already done 3 of the babel's - just Axis Mundi left.

Edit: The spot is 1:51 in this video - the two bomb blocks to either side of him he pushes in the video are dark blocks for me in the NA version - he stomps when I'm pushing one of them every frickin time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBRRE0U0Jb0&feature=player_embedded]ã‚*ャサリン Catherine ~ Stage 9-5 (Hard / Gold) [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Creoena

Well, if you didn't like that, you're gonna hate the bonus levels.:D

Wow.. even with the video guide, just like the creator of this thread, I'm getting my ass kicked! More than 95% of the time I'm sitting there wondering why my blocks aren't the same as in the video. sigh..

Just when I was just starting to have fun playing on hard, Mutton comes along. 9-5 is pure hell.

PS- I MADE IT! 9-6 here I come!!

PPS- Rubbercons is THE GOLDEN CHILD! Don't ever stop believing in yourself. 9-6 was infinitely easier than 9-5. Only took me about an hours worth of trying and dying. Now, moving right along to Rapunzle.

Edited by Rubbercons

PS- Zyzxx, I feel your pain dude. I hope you've pushed all the drama aside and are trying to get this here game done. I bid you good luck if you do.

Thanks Rubbercons, but I have long pushed this game out of my head and formed a mental shield against it. Then I woke up last night to total darkness and could of swore I heard some female voice saying, "Edge!"

Like I stated in the beginning, I got all the way to 9-6, needed to take a break, and forgot my PS3 was still set to "Auto Turn Off" after 2 hours of inactivity, and thus I lost all my progress.

I've moved on to much greater, far more enjoyable games.

Example? Payday: The Heist. The trophies for that game are very difficult, and will probably break your balls, but it's still a FUN and ENTERTAINING challenge, unlike Catherine. Nothing is fun about repetitiveness and continually being cheap-shoted over and over, especially when you are pausing every 10 seconds and following a video guide play-by-play and STILL miraculously getting screwed over.

If I ever need a means to mentally torture someone, I'll tie them to a chair and force them to play this game until they obtain the (P).

• 5 weeks later...

I am sooooo glad I didn't buy this game.

I wanted this game so bad but somehow I managed to wait a while. Then I started hearing about the game being ridiculously hard. That put me off.

The japanese like their games hard and all but they have to realize they're not just launching this game in Japan.

Edited by reck

• 2 weeks later...