XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > C (PS3) > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Old 11-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default Only problem with this game

So I've been playing this game and I'm loving almost everything about it. The one problem with this game is it never tells you what you are supposed to do. I find myself jumping on Youtube at almost every boss fight because I have no idea where to go or what to do. With the 2 Titans I didn't know where I was supposed to go and on Chapter 4 fighting the Crow Witch she just kept flying around so I had to check Youtube to find out what I was supposed to do. Also the Ogre before that I must have smashed that dudes face into the ground 15 times before I finally stuck him.

Great game but they need to let you know what's up.

Just a little rant.

Kingpinn187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   2,500 Posts

Sometimes when you get killed and have to restart, a tip on the left-hand page will give you a little hint. That's how I figured out the Crow Witch after numerous attempts and even something as basic as what I was supposed to do with the white concentric ring indicator.

But, yes, I totally agree, this game doesn't do very much handholding, and I have also had to resort to online videos/walkthroughs to figure out the next step more times than any other game I've played in recent memory.

Blank friend requests will be deleted.

Last edited by Satnamji; 11-20-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Satnamji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Agreed. I kept getting owned by the Titans, since I had no clue that when you would "shatter" one of their crystals, or move while doing it, that you had to scale up/down/sideways to find another safe ledge avoid getting grabbed. Not like there were any prompts to do so either.

The Crow Witch was a bit easier for me, but just because I remembered the Stone Titan throwing the lit up boulders that you would have to lauch back at him. Still, the first go-round I had to fight a ton of her children...

One of the bigger problems that I had with the game was were the camera angle would suddenly shift, and if you were aiming for a jump, or rappeling up a ledge, you could miss your target since the angle went from one direction to another.

All in all, however, an excellent game.
Goalminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Eye Beams

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Red face

IIRC, I only took one visit to youtube just for a single gem--everything else [in terms of getting through a level or boss] I was able to figure out myself ^^ Didn't really need that much guidance; Zobek and uh, Claudia, on the other hand helped at times.. the first ghoul encounter took me a while, lol.

Oh, and the 3 fairies... rawr.

Goal/Sat addressed things that I encountered as well.
Eye Beams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satnamji View Post
Sometimes when you get killed and have to restart, a tip on the left-hand page will give you a little hint. That's how I figured out the Crow Witch after numerous attempts and even something as basic as what I was supposed to do with the white concentric ring indicator.

But, yes, I totally agree, this game doesn't do very much handholding, and I have also had to resort to online videos/walkthroughs to figure out the next step more times than any other game I've played in recent memory.
Oh man don't even get me started about those white rings. It took me forever to get them right, at first every once in awhile I would get it right but I didn't know what I was doing. I just did some of Chapter 5 and I must have punched that statue to cover the hole 25 times before I finally used my grappling hook/cross.

Kingpinn187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

More guidance and camera control would have been great, but some practice and YouTube did help out a lot.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have just used youtube for the titans challenges!

frejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

I hate the control of this game. Especially COUNTER (L2), it makes me feel very uncomfortable & hard to counter the enemies. I have been playing the game for 3 hours, now I wish that I did not buy it
I like the game but the camera angle, the control, & some other issues are driving me crazy.
Haseo106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseo106 View Post
I hate the control of this game. Especially COUNTER (L2), it makes me feel very uncomfortable & hard to counter the enemies. I have been playing the game for 3 hours, now I wish that I did not buy it
I like the game but the camera angle, the control, & some other issues are driving me crazy.
Countering L2 was a pain in the @$$, mainly because you can't see the attacks coming--Camera Control is necessary for me to do it consecutively and effectively (glad it isn't a trophy).

Try countering while around a few enemies and R2 rolling/doging while around many.

The game is a lot of fun though, it was for me anyway. The end was a pleasent surprise
Old 11-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

it's a good game. But there aren't many action games that use L2 as Counter.
God of War 1,2,3 = R1
Assassin's Creed 1,2,3 = R1 +.....
PoP Forgotten Sands = O (Not counter but Rolling)

L2 is usually being use in shooting games and racing games.
I don't know what they thought when they designed the control system of this game.
I was so disappointed because Kojima was also involved in making this game.
Haseo106 is offline   Reply With Quote