Mirror of Fate & LoS1 DLC first?

The cutscenes right after the tutorial pretty much covers what happened in Mirrors of fate and the DLCs. Won't hurt to play the add-ons or Mirrors of fate first especially since LoS2 doesn't really touch on Simon Belmont too much.

LoS2 actually barely mentions what happened in the LoS DLC's. The Forgotten One isn't even mentioned once even though he's one of the main reasons for the dlc.

He becomes Dracula in the DLC's if I remember correct though.

He drinks Laura's blood in the first one, but that's barely mentioned in LoS2. There is one line in the lore page about it in his heart lore. The dlc's do show how he became Dracula, but LoS2 doesn't really mention how. All that is really mentioned is that he became Dracula, but not how or why he did.

He drinks Laura's blood in the first one, but that's barely mentioned in LoS2. There is one line in the lore page about it in his heart lore. The dlc's do show how he became Dracula, but LoS2 doesn't really mention how. All that is really mentioned is that he became Dracula, but not how or why he did.

More reason to play the DLC then isn't it? Though if it still is 10 bucks a pop it might not be worth it. Bought it for that price and was dissapointed with what I got for my money.

More reason to play the DLC then isn't it? Though if it still is 10 bucks a pop it might not be worth it. Bought it for that price and was dissapointed with what I got for my money.

I never said there was no reason to play it. There is actually every reason to play it since LoS2 never really addresses what happened in it, leaving a big plot hole in how he became Dracula and got all his power in the first place.

I never said there was no reason to play it. There is actually every reason to play it since LoS2 never really addresses what happened in it, leaving a big plot hole in how he became Dracula and got all his power in the first place.

He said that there is actually more reason to play it. :p

When you said thing from the DLC's didn't get mentioned I thought you implied that that meant they weren't important to the story, my bad.

But that LoS2 doesn't mention how Gabriel became Dracula isn't a plothole, plotholes are something else.

He said that there is actually more reason to play it. :p

Since you can only get that part of the story that indeed gives you more reason to play it, but I had the idea that he thought the story told in the DLC wasn't important because it wasn't mentioned in LoS 2, but that wasn't what he meant.

Edited by CaptainNick

When you said thing from the DLC's didn't get mentioned I thought you implied that that meant they weren't important to the story, my bad.

But that LoS2 doesn't mention how Gabriel became Dracula isn't a plothole, plotholes are something else.

Since you can only get that part of the story that indeed gives you more reason to play it, but I had the idea that he thought the story told in the DLC wasn't important because it wasn't mentioned in LoS 2, but that wasn't what he meant.

It is technically a plot hole in the sense that it should have been at least recapped outside of the dlc. But not a plot hole in the sense that its not ever explained anywhere else. I should have worded it different though. Personally LoS2 should have at least had a lore document that recapped the whole of the dlc, even briefly since it is somewhat important to the overal storyline of the series.

• 4 weeks later...

The DLC that is featured in LOS1 gives a general idea of how Dracula became Dracula. Now, I am sure you could play the first game and still get the same idea, but I'd rather you play and find out more in-detail. The two DLC's show how Gabriel became 1) vampire, 2) his super-human strength, abilities and even what the Castle is. The Castle has an amazing backstory, but again that is your call.

Now, MoF is an amazing addition the series. I would think of it as a 1.5 LOS type of game, but still overall a great game as you play as Simion, Alucard. You also learn about why the Belmonts are the only ones able to defeat Dracula.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I played the DLC of LOS 1 and it was a complete waste. They are easy and were not any part of the story of the LoS2. The only thing you need to know is that he drank that little vampire girls blood and became a vampire to save the world from a monster. A monster who doesn't even have a story. Just says he was there from the beginning.

I'm guessing Mirrors of Fate must be big because it released on DS and has a story rather than a 10 min DLC. It was also mentioned in LoS2 story near the middle.

I played the DLC of LOS 1 and it was a complete waste. They are easy and were not any part of the story of the LoS2. The only thing you need to know is that he drank that little vampire girls blood and became a vampire to save the world from a monster. A monster who doesn't even have a story. Just says he was there from the beginning.

I'm guessing Mirrors of Fate must be big because it released on DS and has a story rather than a 10 min DLC. It was also mentioned in LoS2 story near the middle.

Uh, the DLC explains how he became Dracula :|

Uhh how about you read my post. I said "the DLC of LOS 1 and it was a complete waste. They are easy and were not any part of the story of the LoS2. The only thing you need to know is that he drank that little vampire girls blood and became a vampire"

l2read

I swore they did though, but in the bestiary & bio's, oh well. :|

Edited by x410xDragon