XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-04-2011, 04:15 AM   #21
alex814

I love how everybody is so offended by this. The magazine didn't say that the entire Castlevania series was a GOW rip off. That would be ridiculous considering how long Castlevania has been around. It was simply stating that Lord of Shadows played similarly to a GOW game. As good as Lord of Shadows was it did go against everything that Castlevania game is supposed to be.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #22
QuantumMercury

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Seriously? This is how Sony honors Castlevania? Fucking joke, just lost 5 respect points for Sony. Fucking amateurs.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #23
leowtyx

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Gold   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_rocks View Post
Justify this statement with details using comparison with weapon mechanics, mythological similarities, story, characters etc.
I was wondering the same thing. How come Dracula relates to Greek Gods?

And "Vampire Killer" is a whip; it didn't have anything attached to its tip. How come “Blades of Chaos” copy a whip?

I've been binge watching the Walking Dead lately, so don't creep up on me, for your own sake...
leowtyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #24
alex814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajiko View Post
Seriously? This is how Sony honors Castlevania? Fucking joke, just lost 5 respect points for Sony. Fucking amateurs.
Maybe you should vent your frustration towards the "amateur" that actually wrote the article and not the company that gave you a system to play on.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #25
GoodNewsOke

I wonder when people are going to stop refering Action-Adventures like this as 'God of war clones'...
You know, like with sandbox-games where once always refered to as 'GTA-clones' ?

Hey, I have a Review blog. Why not check it out? I would appreciate it.
Last Review: Resident Evil: Revelations
GoodNewsOke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 AM   #26
OZKER

I really don't see the resemblance. but I notice in the Castlevania game that whole Castlevania stuff was tacked on.
OZKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #27
orobourous

Firstly, I love the GoW trilogy and Castlevania:Los but you have to be blind to not see that "Vampire Killer" and the "Blades of Chaos" are almost the same weapon, they even have some of the same attacks, the only thing that differentiates them is that the blades are 2 weapons on chains and the combat cross is 1 "blade" on a chain.

Yes, they are similar. The magazine didn't sit there thinking "Oh I f**king hate Castlevania and everyone who likes it are w**kers...I'll p*** them all off".
It's a joke guys, they do it every issue, 3 games get given an award with frankly stupid titles.

What is actually funny is the people that are blinded to the whole comparison just because they think someone is making a joke at the expense of their current fad. If anything, having your "favourite" game compared to a figurehead franchise is only a good thing.

Last edited by orobourous; 02-15-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: changed a sentence
orobourous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #28
onizuka20
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to onizuka20

well i love both of them... they have many difference things so i can't say that Castlevania is a clone of GOW and vice-versa!!!
onizuka20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #29
dante_kinkade

Send a message via AIM to dante_kinkade

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leowtyx View Post
I was wondering the same thing. How come Dracula relates to Greek Gods?

And "Vampire Killer" is a whip; it didn't have anything attached to its tip. How come “Blades of Chaos” copy a whip?
Well it might have to do with the first type of vampires are creatures that are around thanks to the Greek gods being, well this time horny and vengeful, these creatures are called Lamia. Though the only big differences would be the snake body parts, them all being women and they tend just to eat babies.

But there is a theory that the Lamia are the mothers of all vampires type thing, but that is only one of the the theories behind vampires.

dante_kinkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #30
wanghawaii

I am playing this game right now, and I have finished the GoW Trilogy around half year's ago, I & II have gone platiumed.

I will give LoS a 7 or 8 out of 10, in my standard that would be B or A-.

An underappreciated game, I have to say, plus I can see the efforts for the Spanish team who designed then produced this game are nothing but sincere and serious, which I appreciate a LOT!

Personally, I will inevitably compare this game to GoW franchise not for hostile reason but mere for healthy analyse purposes. I think the graphical quality and some details of the game such as personnel development LoS could use some improvements. I do understand as the first major project from a relatively novice studio, budget issues could be a huge factor to influence or affect the outcome of the workload, and in this case, the designers already done a heck of a job.

I wouldn't put get into too many details since we already have enough here at this particular forum, I will just simply address this: LoS will have a sequel and I will buy it.