Only problem with this game

So I've been playing this game and I'm loving almost everything about it. The one problem with this game is it never tells you what you are supposed to do. I find myself jumping on Youtube at almost every boss fight because I have no idea where to go or what to do. With the 2 Titans I didn't know where I was supposed to go and on Chapter 4 fighting the Crow Witch she just kept flying around so I had to check Youtube to find out what I was supposed to do. Also the Ogre before that I must have smashed that dudes face into the ground 15 times before I finally stuck him.

Great game but they need to let you know what's up. :whistle:

Just a little rant.

Sometimes when you get killed and have to restart, a tip on the left-hand page will give you a little hint. That's how I figured out the Crow Witch after numerous attempts and even something as basic as what I was supposed to do with the white concentric ring indicator.

But, yes, I totally agree, this game doesn't do very much handholding, and I have also had to resort to online videos/walkthroughs to figure out the next step more times than any other game I've played in recent memory.

Edited by Satnamji

Agreed. I kept getting owned by the Titans, since I had no clue that when you would "shatter" one of their crystals, or move while doing it, that you had to scale up/down/sideways to find another safe ledge avoid getting grabbed. Not like there were any prompts to do so either.

The Crow Witch was a bit easier for me, but just because I remembered the Stone Titan throwing the lit up boulders that you would have to lauch back at him. Still, the first go-round I had to fight a ton of her children...

One of the bigger problems that I had with the game was were the camera angle would suddenly shift, and if you were aiming for a jump, or rappeling up a ledge, you could miss your target since the angle went from one direction to another.

All in all, however, an excellent game.

IIRC, I only took one visit to youtube just for a single gem--everything else [in terms of getting through a level or boss] I was able to figure out myself ^^ Didn't really need that much guidance; Zobek and uh, Claudia, on the other hand helped at times.. the first ghoul encounter took me a while, lol.

Oh, and the 3 fairies... rawr.

Goal/Sat addressed things that I encountered as well.

Sometimes when you get killed and have to restart, a tip on the left-hand page will give you a little hint. That's how I figured out the Crow Witch after numerous attempts and even something as basic as what I was supposed to do with the white concentric ring indicator.

But, yes, I totally agree, this game doesn't do very much handholding, and I have also had to resort to online videos/walkthroughs to figure out the next step more times than any other game I've played in recent memory.

Oh man don't even get me started about those white rings. It took me forever to get them right, at first every once in awhile I would get it right but I didn't know what I was doing. I just did some of Chapter 5 and I must have punched that statue to cover the hole 25 times before I finally used my grappling hook/cross.

I hate the control of this game. Especially COUNTER (L2), it makes me feel very uncomfortable & hard to counter the enemies. I have been playing the game for 3 hours, now I wish that I did not buy it

I like the game but the camera angle, the control, & some other issues are driving me crazy. :mad:

I hate the control of this game. Especially COUNTER (L2), it makes me feel very uncomfortable & hard to counter the enemies. I have been playing the game for 3 hours, now I wish that I did not buy it

I like the game but the camera angle, the control, & some other issues are driving me crazy. :mad:

Countering L2 was a pain in the @$$, mainly because you can't see the attacks coming--Camera Control is necessary for me to do it consecutively and effectively (glad it isn't a trophy).

Try countering while around a few enemies and R2 rolling/doging while around many.

The game is a lot of fun though, it was for me anyway. The end was a pleasent surprise:eek:

it's a good game. But there aren't many action games that use L2 as Counter.

God of War 1,2,3 = R1

Assassin's Creed 1,2,3 = R1 +.....

PoP Forgotten Sands = O (Not counter but Rolling)

L2 is usually being use in shooting games and racing games.

I don't know what they thought when they designed the control system of this game.:(

I was so disappointed because Kojima was also involved in making this game.:mad:

I agree that the game is challenging & it's good to be like that. But the control sucks & the camera angles are really bad sometimes.

I remember that when I was fighting the Crow Witch, the camera always showed the Crow Witch even when there were three small crows were standing near me and waiting for the right time to strike!:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Castlevania LoS is a great game! But I've got 1 HUGE problem that always occurs whenever I play it. ALWAYS!

I fall asleep @ the controls. ALWAYS! It takes no less than 30 minutes and I'm seeing Z's. Here's why..

No true castlevania music. Or something jammin', playing constantly in the background. The only time I go to youtube is to play some tunes from Castlevania 4, castlevania symphony of the night, the original NES castlevania, Simons Quest, megaman 2, 3, the guardian legend, super mario bros. chrono trigger, motherfuckin' mappy-land, anything!.. while I'm playing because man, in this new generation of video gaming there is almost no music in these games sometimes. I need music, castlevania music! not some god damn birds chirping in the background.

My 2nd gripe with the game is the distance of your character relative to the screen itself. My HD-set is over 60 inches and Gabriel is still a little-wee man on the screen. Optional camera distance would have been nice.

The combination of no castlevania musaq and the far set camera put me to bed well before my bedtime. Other than that, the game rocks! It's good sleep medicine too!

Edited by Rubbercons
forgot a D

I hate how if you finish a level with low life, you continue in the next level with the same amount of life, unless that's only in paladin mode, then i understand.
yeah thats annoying me a bit too, also the collecting of those orange orbs when you kill an enemy, why press L3, its annoying when you are trying to move, dodge, then stand still to collect them by pressing L3, they should have been automatically drawn to you or collected as you ran into them, which is why the top part of my post keeps happening.Also if i completed the game on a lower level does the health bar if fully maxed with the gems continue on new game+ on a harder level?

I dont see what the big fuss about figuring stuff out was, I thought there was plenty to show you what to do, and also, do you really want to be told everything? Kinda negates the point of playing a game doesnt it? QTE's were easy once you get used to them, I found great success dodging instead of blocking cause then you have an opening to attack, only one puzzle confused the hell out of me, others it was just a matter of trial and error.

What are you talking about? He asked if his gems and combos etc carry over from the first game (Knight) into his second game (Paladin). So Yes there is a second game. :whistle:

You didn't get what I mean.

I call NG+ a second game. LoS' style is not what I call a "second game". It's always been a chapter select. Paladin is just a harder difficulty. And it's unlike GOW.

So, No there isn't a second game.

Edited by leowtyx