The top 10 hardest Trials

There are a total of 46 Trials in Castlevania: LOS ranging from the very easy and very hard to the wierd and frustrating. Which would you say are the top 10 hardest Trials in the game?

I'm thinking about compiling a list of the top 10 hardest Trials, as stated (voted?) by yourselves. May even include some hints and tips on them too, courtesy of the Community - that's you!

The top 10 hardest Trials

[spoiler=10064]

1. Ch. 11, lvl. 2: The Dracolith - Finish the level and defeat The Dracolith in less than 5 minutes.

2. Ch. 2, lvl. 8: Sanctuary of Titans - Finish the level and defeat the Stone Idol Titan in less than 2 minutes.

3. Ch. 4, lvl. 1: Mountain Fortress - Finish the level and defeat the Ogre without being hit by his attacks.

4. Ch. 6, lvl. 3: Castle Hall - Finish the level and win the Vampire Wargame, losing only 3 piece(s).

5. Ch. 1, lvl. 5: Oblivion Lake - Finish the level and defeat the Ice Titan in less than 1:30.

Hints & tips:1. Run right up to the Titan from the outset (to speed things up).

2. After his first punch use a Dark Crystal.

3. Get ready to grapple on on next punch.

4. JUMP around when on him with :cross:.

5. Remember that Gabriel only swings about once after you get onto his chest

6. Ch. 5, lvl. 4: Abbey library - Finish the level and beat the mirror and lights puzzle in less than 2:30.

7. Ch. 7, lvl. 2: Electric Laboratory - Finish the level and defeat the Mechanical Monstrosity using only the tesla coil in the lab after it is activate.

8. Ch. 8, lvl. 2: The Clockwork Tower - Finish the level and get to the top corridor in less than 5 minutes.

9. Ch. 9, lvl. 3: The Music Box - Finish the level and get the blue rose without falling in any of the Music Box Traps.

10. Ch. 4, lvl. 2: The Crow Witch - Finish the level and defeat the Crow witch, killing only 1 of her sons.

Other hard Trials:

Ch. 8, lvl. 3: Olrox - Finish the level after keeping the focus meter at its maximum value for 60 seconds.

Ch. 5, lvl. 5: Abbey Tower - Finish the level after finding and destoying 100 breakable objects before the allotted time runs out.

Edited by regeneration64
Re-ordered top 10.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im doing my trial + paladin run now and im doing them in order and i must say the first two titans wasnt as hard as i thought, specially with the help of MasterLL

He's videos REALLY help on the those damn trials. Im determined to get the plat for this... i wont give up like i did on Yakuza 3, I got every trophy except for the Mini-game master trophy which in my opinion is the hardest trophy ever!!!!

Edited by KAP

Im doing my trial + paladin run now and im doing them in order and i must say the first two titans wasnt as hard as i thought, specially with the help of MasterLL

He's videos REALLY help on the those damn trials. Im determined to get the plat for this... i wont give up like i did on Yakuza 3, I got every trophy except for the Mini-game master trophy which in my opinion is the hardest trophy ever!!!!

I'm in the same boat, doing Paladin run and Trials at same time, did a few on my first playthrough (PT) though, and some Trials are bit too frustrating on Paladin so doind on Squire ("cheat!")

That video is an epic one for the Ice Titan. Barely one second to go! That last bit was so hairy though. I see where I am going wrong though. I'm not staying close enough at the start where you grapple on and I'm not jumping when moving along. I bet this will still take me a number of tries though because I have to press R2 so many times it's ridiculous.

Do others agree that the titans weren't too bad for them or did they/are they getting so frustrated that they deserve to be in the top 10? I'm still standing by my top 10 (the one's currently in the OP) for now.

I haven't completed all the trials yet. I'm on chapter X atm. But the most difficult one this far was definitely the ogre one. I didn't have final light nor final shadow, but I got it after failing 10-15 times :p

The Wargame was a bitch as well, had to retry it 4 times before I got it.

So these were the most hardest ones this far. I will update once I complete all of them, probably tonight :)

I haven't completed all the trials yet. I'm on chapter X atm. But the most difficult one this far was definitely the ogre one. I didn't have final light nor final shadow, but I got it after failing 10-15 times :p

The Wargame was a bitch as well, had to retry it 4 times before I got it.

So these were the most hardest ones this far. I will update once I complete all of them, probably tonight :)

Out of the one's I have completed the Vampire Wargame and Ogre ones were definitely the hardest (or most frustrating to be more precise!) I was plagued by bad luck during the Vampire Wargame one and I'm reasonably good at chess too! I think it took at least 15 attempts for me to complete the Trial.

Out of the one's I have completed the Vampire Wargame and Ogre ones were definitely the hardest (or most frustrating to be more precise!) I was plagued by bad luck during the Vampire Wargame one and I'm reasonably good at chess too! I think it took at least 15 attempts for me to complete the Trial.

I think the Wargame requires more luck than strategy to be honest. But I won and got the trial by playing defensive and managed to take out one of the AI's sorcerer with a zombie :D

I think the Wargame requires more luck than strategy to be honest. But I won and got the trial by playing defensive and managed to take out one of the AI's sorcerer with a zombie :D

I ended up playing to each of the pieces individual strengths and protected my sorcerer's (as well as taking their's down ASAP). Spamming zombies helped a lot. Still a pain in the butt though.

EDIT: Just did the Ice Titan in 1:29. Actually, I'm with KAP on this one now. It is easier once you know how. My key tips would be:

1. Run right up to the Titan from the outset (to speed things up).

2. After his first punch use a Dark Crystal.

3. Get ready to grapple on on next punch.

4. JUMP around when on him with :cross:.

5. Remember that Gabriel only swings about once after you get onto his chest.

EDIT 2:

***Updated***

Edited by regeneration64

There is some luck involved but the general idea is to try and destroy her mages fast and destroy the same kind of pieces. When you get her down to 2 pieces its imperative that its 2 of the same kind, this way when the wheal spins theres a greater chance that shell loose a move and since shell have 3 spins you need her to loose turns.

Anywhay the hardest ones for me was the Stone Idol Titan, the one to destroy 100 breakable objects on Abey Tower and the one to do the light reflection puzzle in less tham 3 minues on the Library

Edited by Bahamut

Mechanical Monstrosity could be hard in Paladin, and Mirror Puzzle could be hard if you have a hard time rolling instead of punching the mirror.

Other than that, there isn't a need to compile a list. And the talkthrough part you could find in the Road Map + Trophy Guide.

I don't think there are real hard trials in LoS.

Edited by leowtyx

That mirror puzzle and the vampire wargame drove me nuts.

Just done the mirror one. Has made my blood pressure rise considerably. The 100 objects one is even harder for me though. Get about 80 and then can't open gate/jump over quick enough. Once over have literally 1 second and I fail. Giving up for today.

My top three where Shrek, the first two titans were tied because I had about the same amount of trouble with both, and probably the mirror ans lights puzzle. The others I really didn't have a lot of problems with, but the Vampire Wargame was a pain because I kept getting unlucky rolls when trying to eliminate the necromancers first but since it was mostly luck that made it so hard I couldn't really say its hard.

The third titan fight (though not really a titan) wasn't bad, did it on my first try actually and with 15 seconds to spare. The one I thought I'd have the most trouble with was the Olrox one because I'm not that great with focus combo's but I did that one on my first try because I'm pretty good at dodging.

Otherwise most all the others were easy.

The hardest trial by far is Chapter 11 Stage 2 "The Dracolich: Destroy the dracolich in 5:00 minutes"

Incidently this was the last one i had to do because i was on it for so long and felt it was near on impossible until i came on here and got some tips on how to do it, I kept getting to the last scene with 5sec left and the Dragons animation wasnt catching up with how much seconds i had left i was SO PISSED!!! LOL

Did it in the end and a tear almost came down my face when the Platinum trophy chimed.

I have a tradition when i plat a game i instantly put the bluray back in the case and never look at it again but with this i had to complete it again to see the epic ending.

I hope the DLC is good.

I'll take you guys word for it about the Dracolith Trial. I'm saving that one for now because I know it's going to be a pain. I'm frustrated with the Clockwork Tower Trial now. Keep messing it up and even when don't still not quick enough. Not happy.

I've changed the order of the top 10 around a bit based on what people have said, and my own, further, experience.

I'll take you guys word for it about the Dracolith Trial. I'm saving that one for now because I know it's going to be a pain. I'm frustrated with the Clockwork Tower Trial now. Keep messing it up and even when don't still not quick enough. Not happy.

I've changed the order of the top 10 around a bit based on what people have said, and my own, further, experience.

It all depends. Some ppl are good with memorization, some are good with combat. Dracolith Trial I made it the first try. But I finished the mirror puzzle the last because on my first couple try I mess up the :l2: roll. LOL.

Really? I didn't think I was going to make it but they are generous with the 5 minutes. I even stopped to pick up gems and had enough time. Use your crystal or use Ultimate Light/Shadow to destroy the spider quickly.

Double jump over certain areas, but be careful as there're invisible walls everywhere.

Really? I didn't think I was going to make it but they are generous with the 5 minutes. I even stopped to pick up gems and had enough time. Use your crystal or use Ultimate Light/Shadow to destroy the spider quickly.

Double jump over certain areas, but be careful as there're invisible walls everywhere.

I think it's just me trying to rush too much. I get to the checkpoint with 3 minutes to go and then (due to rushing myself) don't make it up top in time. crystal and Ultimate light/shadow. :D Hopefully I'll do it today.

Just beat the game on Warrior, so going to do the trials before I go though and beat it on Paladin.

I have completed some of the trials already. The Ogre wasn't that bad...the only saving grace was the checkpoints. So that definitely helped.

Having A LOT of trouble with the Stone Titan trial. Always running out of time. Anyone know if the difficulty setting makes a difference on the Titan trials? I haven't tried it on squire but don't know if it would even make a difference.

The in-battle checkpoints made many of the seemingly difficult boss trials much easier than I had expected.

The trials that gave me trouble were smash 100 objects, kill x enemies while poisoned (holy shit, I almost killed our cat with a thrown controller), and the big mirror puzzle. My main issue with the trials always came down to issues with the clunky controls.

The in-battle checkpoints made many of the seemingly difficult boss trials much easier than I had expected.

The trials that gave me trouble were smash 100 objects, kill x enemies while poisoned (holy shit, I almost killed our cat with a thrown controller), and the big mirror puzzle. My main issue with the trials always came down to issues with the clunky controls.

...and the fixed camera angle (on some of them - worst example is the Mechanical Monstrosity one).

I agree that the checkpoints make life A LOT easier, and with the boss Trials the checkpoints almost made it too easy. Last boss for example... I thought that was going to be impossible but I'd arguably say that was one of the top 10 easiest trials in the game!

Oh god, I forgot about that killing enemies whilst poisoned one. That was a pain. Poor cat...

EDIT:

Just beat the game on Warrior, so going to do the trials before I go though and beat it on Paladin.

I have completed some of the trials already. The Ogre wasn't that bad...the only saving grace was the checkpoints. So that definitely helped.

Having A LOT of trouble with the Stone Titan trial. Always running out of time. Anyone know if the difficulty setting makes a difference on the Titan trials? I haven't tried it on squire but don't know if it would even make a difference.

Imagine the Ogre one without checkpoints :o Once you get the hang of it the Ogre one isn't so bad (practice makes perfect). It's the same with the keeping your focus meter full for 60 seconds.

Changing the difficulty down a few notches makes no difference whatsoever to the titan Trials (aside from at the start, if you get a rock thrown at you/get punched etc).

Edited by regeneration64

The wargame, as Laura says herself, is "very easy!". Obviously there is some luck involved, but if you just stay back and wait until Laura puts her pieces into range of yours, you will always have the advantage. Also, I really shouldn't have to state this, but you have to know how to play it and what the pieces are capable of. I did it on my second trip through the stage.

Titans are really easy, too. As long as you don't make a huge mistake (aka getting knocked off) you should get it. It took me three tries max on any of them.

The one I had the most trouble with was the light and mirror puzzle in 2:30. It was mostly due to me turning the mirrors the slower way though. I don't know why I kept doing that, but once it kicked in and I turned them each the most efficient way, I completed it right away.

The ogre one can be pretty annoying, but if you use ultimate light, it shouldn't be much of a problem, especially with the checkpoints it gives you.

Overall, none of them are as difficult as they may seem. At most you might have to try them a few times, but they're easy to get the hang of.

Edited by AriaOfSorrow

Finally finished all of the trials (and got that all important Platinum! :D)

Looking back, I'd say that once you know the tricks to getting through the Trial they aren't too bad but, initially, most of the ones listed (for me) were a massive pain in the ass. Most of the "time Trials" wound me up the most because I don't like to be rushed. After them, that damn Ogre, the Wargame and the Mechanical Monstrosity.

I left the Dracolith until last and although frustrating at first he wasn't that bad because knew what to do from the first two titans - jump jump and jump!!

A great game though. Thanks for all of your posts guys ;)

Edited by regeneration64