Story Discussion Thread *MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE*

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. This thread has been created to discuss anything Castlevania: LOS related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread.

This thread is immune.

Edited by FiftyQuid

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly i just like to say coming from a sega and sony background ive never played the castlevania franchise before so when i bought this game i only went on the great reviews it got a few weeks ago.

I just completed Castlevania L.O.S just now on knight difficulty and was blown away by the ending... [spoiler=123]the moment Gab burst throw the church window and you see hes in present time my jaw dropped!!!

Maybe i was so sucked in to the world Kojima helped come to life, from the monolog before each stage to the AMAING beastiry details and backstory to each monster. Genius!

This is the one game ive played in ages where i really didnt want this game to end, the level of detail is immense.

One question I got though? Why after all Gabriel went through did he decide to go down the darkside? In my opinion the ending couldnt of been better.

Perfect ending. Perfect length. Perfect prodution value. Perfect graphics. Not so perfect camera, but you cant have it all right?

Top endings for me this gen is Castlevania and Assassins Creed 2 (In that order)

Edited by KAP

I too was pretty surprised by the ending. Will be interesting to see what they do with the sequel.

Overall, though, the game is not really Castlevania in the classic sense. Yeah, it has a lot of similar enemies and locations, and the main character is named Belmont, but that's about it. Castlevania is about hunting down Dracula at its core.

Still, really fun game, I enjoyed it.

Change the title to discusion on Superbly Amazing Incredible ending plz. Best ending of any game on this generation.

Before I saw the ending the game was a 9 in my opinion, after the ending it gets a 9.5,what keeps it from getting 10 is the camera...

[spoiler=456] When I notice they were on the present i too had the jaw dropping reaction, my head instantly formulated the following question "how is a Belmont gona look like on present days? And how is this game gona play, will it gona have firearms involved?

Also after beating the game I noticed that the dev elopers where Spanish (I didnt know this prior to playing) wich kinda explains why the game thematic is so Christian if you know what I mean

And to ansear the OPs question I think Gabriel got eatten by remorse of killing his wife and Claudia along with the fact that he became completly lonelly after ending his quest, thefore he fell into darkness and became count Dracul also known as Dracula

Now I gota say I figured Zobek out, by chapter 8 I was quite convinced he was up to no good, and them when the boss on chapter 11 werent the necromancer lord of shadow I was certain it could only be Zobek.

I didnt quite like the last boss tough, Id have prefered if he were more demonic and less like trance Kuja...

Edited by Bahamut

I gotta say that simply put this game was EPIC!! Somewhat predictible ending, but AMAZING epilogue. True it doesn't play like the old school Castlevania's (more like GOW), but definitely the best ever put out in the series (yes, even better than SOTN).

Predictible?

Mate, the only thing that was predictible was that: [spoiler=789]Zobek was up to no good, the fact that he was just a pawn in the grand plot by satan OF ALL FUCKIN PEOPLE, WAS TOTALLY EPIC in my opinion and honestly did not expect that!

Not to mention gabriel becoming the Dracula, tip me over the edge a cermented this ending as the best ending ive seen in a while, right after Shadow of the Collous.

Zobek in the end wasnt so bad because he ended up asking you for help and giving you heads up about satan coming back to rape you both. again... just totally epic.

[/b]

Edited by KAP

My interpretation of the ending is...

[spoiler=753]After defeating Satan, Gabriel was basically an angel, and had the god mask in his possession. Realizing that Marie was going to heaven and he could not resurrect her, he probably used to god mask to ascend to heaven to reunite with her, just as the founders of the brotherhood did centuries ago, leaving behind his body and dark side, which would become known as Dracula. Being stronger than the original Lords of Shadow, he would become the Prince of Darkness.

[spoiler=753]After defeating Satan, Gabriel was basically an angel, and had the god mask in his possession. Realizing that Marie was going to heaven and he could not resurrect her, he probably used to god mask to ascend to heaven to reunite with her, just as the founders of the brotherhood did centuries ago, leaving behind his body and dark side, which would become known as Dracula. Being stronger than the original Lords of Shadow, he would become the Prince of Darkness.

I didn't think of that, good one.

Just a note, kojima had very VERY little to do with the game. I'm just getting tired of seeing kojima and konami getting all the love and respect instead of the actual developer Mecurysteam.

[spoiler=theedning]I can't wait for the dlc, hopefully it'll explain a bit more of how gabriel became dracula

I know, these people who keep saying he was the one who came up with story/cutscenes/ect just makes me mad. He simply just gave advice and constructive critisim. And suggested redesigning Gabriel. Otherwise he and Kojima productions would've got a lot more credit in the game credits then just producers.

The only thing i didn't get from the ending was ....

[spoiler=123] how he became dracula aka a vampire. I get why modern times, i mean he was granted eternal life after he defeated Satan. And I imagine over all that time he would sit and revel in everything that he has done, how he was tricked, felt unworthy of redemption and how he killed his wife. I guess maybe he went and got himself changed by one of the leftover vampires?

[spoiler=391]I dont think its possible for him to have ascended using the God mask, Marie takes the mask with her once she goes to heaven, the mask thats left behind is Zobeks mask wich the game doesnt very clearly explain what is for but definetly for something evil as Zobek uses it to mind controll Gabriel

Also someone asked how did he became a vampire, maybe it was Laura (the little girl, Carmillas "daughter") Konami did say the DLC will feature Gabriel returning to the castle and that itll involve her. Or maybe it was just because he completly lost his humanity and all the goodness in him fadded awhay leaving only his dark side. When Zobek calls him Gabriel in the end he reacts in a completly diferent way tham the lords of shadow do when Gab call them by theyre Order of light counterpart name, he gets pretty angry like if he tought hes former self was something bad that he didnt like to get reminded of.

I stick to my first theory, Gabriel got eatten by remorse and guilt from killing his wife and Claudia and also became completly lonelly after defeating Satan, not to mention he had no more purpose in life having completed his quest and knowing he couldnt bring his loved one back so he fell into darkness.

Discovering that Gabriel became Drracula was even more surprising them discovering the identy of the origami killer in heavy Rain...

Unrelated to the topic but very pertinent nonetheless, could a mod give clearance to turn this into one of those spoiler tag free topics like we have in FFXIII or Heavy Rain forum, cause its kinda garanteed that anyone that writes in here is gona have to spoiler tag his post. We could even expand it to a discussion about the story overall not just the ending and turn it into a spoiler tag free zone. Anywhay just a sugestion

Edited by Bahamut

The only thing i didn't get from the ending was ....

[spoiler=123] how he became dracula aka a vampire. I get why modern times, i mean he was granted eternal life after he defeated Satan. And I imagine over all that time he would sit and revel in everything that he has done, how he was tricked, felt unworthy of redemption and how he killed his wife. I guess maybe he went and got himself changed by one of the leftover vampires?

The DLC may very well be how this happens. Don't know if anyone else noticed this but:

[spoiler=Laura]

In the after credits ending when you see Dracula sitting on his throne he happens to be caressing a head sculpted into one of the arm rests and, at least to me, it looked like Laura's face on that head. Perhaps she DOES have something to do with it, since she's supposed to be in the DLC along with a revisit to the castle.

I so wanted to think that was the case to until i remembered that.... [spoiler=693]Marie took the god mask with her, maybe because she knew he would use the god mask the same way the founders did.

I personally think that it was the feeling of guilt and loneliness that ultimately made him the way he is.

This is when you know you have a seller ending such as this when you have untold number of interpretations to one great ending.

And to those who are saying Kojima had not much say, the truth is we dont know how much or how little he had but he did help out on the script heavily (that i know 100%) so isnt it repectful to appreciate the man for is input in to the game along the the murcurysteam staff?

The ending was ok.It's confussing to me because if you ever played Lament of Innocence then you'd see why I'm confussed about.....well I cant get the damn spolier tag to work so I'll shut up.

I think the word "Reboot" comes to mind.

The ending was ok.It's confussing to me because if you ever played Lament of Innocence then you'd see why I'm confussed about.....well I cant get the damn spolier tag to work so I'll shut up.

Dude this game is a reboot, forget the story on the other Castlevanias, only thing that was left was the Belmont name because thats a famous name on the franchise and they didnt whant to pull a "Capcom" here and change everything to piss fans off

Ps: I should have read the post above mine first lol.

Dude this game is a reboot, forget the story on the other Castlevanias, only thing that was left was the Belmont name because thats a famous name on the franchise and they didnt whant to pull a "Capcom" here and change everything to piss fans off

Ps: I should have read the post above mine first lol.

No problem mate. Lol