XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 10-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
Jack

Send a message via MSN to Jack

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BitArtist View Post
in step 1 it says The Road to Paladin (With some Trials along the way), so i thought you meant you will complete some trials along the way. i mean, you could if you went back, but theres honestly no reason to backtrack. so all the trials would usually be done on your paladin playthrough, then whatever you cant do with that, go to easy and finish it up.

if anyone needs advice on some trials, i might be able to help. working my way through them now.

edit: if you do easy to very hard, chances are you arent as good at blocking/dodging as you should be. i started on knight cuz i thought you had to beat knight to unlock paladin. otherwise i would have done normal.
Well some of the trials are so easy you might as well do them now.

I'm about halfway through my trial/paladin run, the timed ones are a total pain to do.

Last edited by Jack; 10-09-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #12
Lemmerman

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5

These seem fairly straightforward. I'll probably look into this when it comes down in price/once I've finished Bayonetta and Borderlands.

Lemmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
8BitArtist

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Well some of the trials are so easy you might as well do them now.

I'm about halfway through my trial/paladin run, the timed ones are a total pain to do.
well, im trying to play through the stages as little as possible. so if it can be done in 2 instead of 3, im all for it.

some trials, like kill 10 guys while poisoned by the spider is better done in easy since youll take less damage.
8BitArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #14
UnholyInfinity

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
edit: if you do easy to very hard, chances are you arent as good at blocking/dodging as you should be. i started on knight cuz i thought you had to beat knight to unlock paladin. otherwise i would have done normal.
i did the first 2 chapters on hard then switched to easy. i almost don't use block at all but without dodging you won't even manage easy ^^ and i'm doing pretty fine on paladin right now so that's that

UnholyInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #15
Jack

Send a message via MSN to Jack

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission

Quote:
well, im trying to play through the stages as little as possible. so if it can be done in 2 instead of 3, im all for it.

some trials, like kill 10 guys while poisoned by the spider is better done in easy since youll take less damage.
While others like "don't let a villager get eaten by a warg" you can do in your sleep
Old 10-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #16
KingBroly

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
While others like "don't let a villager get eaten by a warg" you can do in your sleep
Yeah, I don't really understand why I can't do Trials on my first playthrough if I do them.
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #17
UnholyInfinity

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

just got platinum and savegame says 23 hours......so 40-50 seems a little much

UnholyInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:39 AM   #18
Jherik

By the way, the 1-3 trial is to kill 50 goblins, not 60. Probably just a typo but wanted to point that out just in case.
Jherik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:30 AM   #19
Duality26

I agree with unholy my plat was under 20 hours 40-50 might be a little excessive.

Also starting on easy is a very good idea because you can gain a better understanding of enemy attack patterns and you can learn to sync block better which is unbelievably important for paladin mode. I would also recommend obtaining the light magic final move as soon as possible, it is incredibly powerful and can fully heal you in a matter of seconds which makes it incredibly helpful on paladin mode and boss fights.

Also most of the trials are very possible on paladin mode, making the 3rd clean-up run much shorter.

Last edited by Duality26; 10-10-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Duality26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #20
DeepEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duality26 View Post
I agree with unholy my plat was under 20 hours 40-50 might be a little excessive.

Also starting on easy is a very good idea because you can gain a better understanding of enemy attack patterns and you can learn to sync block better which is unbelievably important for paladin mode. I would also recommend obtaining the light magic final move as soon as possible, it is incredibly powerful and can fully heal you in a matter of seconds which makes it incredibly helpful on paladin mode and boss fights.

Also most of the trials are very possible on paladin mode, making the 3rd clean-up run much shorter.
Very good info, it should go in the guide =)