Rate the trophy difficulty...  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.85

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked this up last night and I'm on act 2. Just from what I can see this will take a while to plat. I'm starting on hard(knight) and this is not too bad till this point, but I have just barely scratched the surface. You will have to do at least 2 run throughs as Paladin is not available at first. I'm sure this one will be up there as each level has a chellenge such as completing without replenishing health in any way. I will rate when I plat which I have a feeling may take a while. Good luck

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/57/Kariokebeach.png

Edited by Kariokebeach
Edit for Trophy Card

I would rate it a 10.

have to beat the game twice

to trials

collect everthing

very hard could be hard to beat and the rest will just take a while. Hard isn't that bad I beat the ice titan on the first go and I heard he was supposed to be hard

There is a reason you are supposed to play the game before voting. To say it will be a 10 when you are a few chapters in is ridiculous. There are plenty of games out there that take time, patience, and you may die alot but attaining platinum is not extremely hard just time consuming. Time consumption does not = 10 people. Games like Fallout 3 take like 100 hours but they are easy as pie. halo22 whoever you should go back to playing Halo.

don't have plat only past the part of cornell on knight.

It just seems time very consuming . you have to beat each level 3 times.

First time on knight

2nd time on very hard

3rd time for trials

and thats not counting back tracking for 110%

Does anybody know if you can keep your upgrades health magic etc on very hard?

haven't voted yet fyi.

Edited by halo22

I'm not going to vote yet, but playing on Chapter 7 on Knight, this game is starting to become a pain in the butt. Enemies are taking forever to kill, you take 3 hits and you die essentially, and to top it all off, your health carries over from level to level, so you if you beat a level with low health, you're pretty much in for a world of hurt on the next stage.

For me, right now, this game is no lower than 8 on the difficulty chart, and is probably closer to a 9, maybe even a 10.

It just seems time very consuming . you have to beat each level 3 times.

First time on knight

2nd time on very hard

3rd time for trials

and thats not counting back tracking for 110%

thats assuming you cant do a single trial on while on very hard, which you will be able to do. some of them are really easy. some not so much. more like a 2 play through with a little bit of clean up time after. there is no back tracking needed. just play through on knight and get what you can, during your paladin play through, youll get all the weapon upgrades you missed.

Edited by 8BitArtist

After beating Knight Mode, and looking at all of the Challenges, particularly the last two, I'm going to have to give this one a 10/10 on the difficulty scale.

- 3 Playthroughs MORE THAN LIKELY are required (unless you are some kind of demigod and can do the Trials on Paladin of course).

- Very specific strategies will have to be implemented for certain boss fights, and failures will result in lots of reloading/restarting.

- The game is 15+ hours on Knight, so you're looking at minimum 30 hours to get Platinum in this, most likely 40 given how you get Dark Crystals, which are required for beating some trials.

- 110% requirements are unknown to me (I'm guessing beating a level on Paladin will give you the extra 10%, but I'm not sure) but it's still going to be a pain

Edited by KingBroly

anyone who rated below a 7 ruined this poll completely. idiots

Whoever is voting under 7 and has the Plat please tells us your woes so we may bow to the all mighty game masters that have sat at their TV glued from Tues until now without sleep and achieved the ultimate prize!!!!

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/57/Kariokebeach.png

Edited by Kariokebeach
Edit for Trophy Card

Too early to tell. There are probably a few people out there who have gotten there by now. You don't necessarily know what techniques and exploits people will discover work best until a few weeks pass as it's only been 3 days. It will no doubt be time consuming, but I wouldn't be so quick to write off platinum just yet. Some games seem impossible before you realize they have cheats(Star Wars TFU). I'm not saying Castlevania has cheats necesarily(although the series has NES roots so I wouldn't be suprised if it does) just pointing out 3 days isn't enough time to determine difficulty on this particular game.

Edited by BigBacon87