Difficulty without getting too many gems ??

So how hard would the game be if you were to only collect enough life gems/light gems/shadow gems to slightly increase your power maybe once.....so 5 life gems, 5 light gems, and 5 shadow gems.......would the game still be incredibly difficult even if you're running through it on Squire.

I've had this since launch but it just immediately hit my backlog and I'm honestly only playing on easy because I DO want to play Lords of Shadow 2 and need to get this, the DLC, and Mirrors of Fate out of the way before hand.

Having next gen games and still more games on my PS3/360 backlog as well doesn't help.

But ya, I really just want to go through as quickly as possible without having to go after SO many gems just to upgrade, but I can see myself kicking myself for not getting them and then running into some crazy boss fight and giving up and then GAME OVER because chapter select would overwrite my progress so

Get as many gems as possible or get what you can (fill the bar maybe once) and then keep on going ??

Most of the gems are easily located, and the majority of the other gems are not accessible until 2nd playthrough....so you'll have enough anyways.

This is not a fast game I might add if you're looking to "speed" through the game. Regardless of difficulty, there are several puzzle and platforming sections that will slow you down on you're first run.

You should 1st get all gems to get all the collectibles trophies, then 110% all levels (you'll need to get everything to 110% each anyway).

The game itself is not hard, even on Paladin, specially if you played the game before and know what's gonna happen, just dodge a lot and use useful attacks. Some combos are very useful against some enemies, you should buy as many as you can.

I'd say the hardest thing in this game is probably some of the trials for a few chapters, again, the game itself is not hard. You just need practice and you'll slice things easily, i know i did.

So the gems aren't in general hard to collect......that's good, I just got my first set of Light Gems. I haven't filled up a Life Gem one yet or gotten any Shadow Gems because I just got that amulet.

I was just wondering how hard the game would be if, I did miss enough to not have a really heavily upgraded life bar.