First time playing a Castlevania title.

I must say, at first this game felt off putting. I had to push myself to finish my first playthrough taking the risk of burning out like what happened with Alice: Madness Returns. The camera angles annoyed me and messed me up, there is not much directional influence in jumping other than forward, most enemies feel like they take too many hits which only bores me instead of making the game much more fun. The story seemed as if it were to feel deep, but it was more laughable than dramatic. This game sucked... Until the final boss took its first coarse action. The final battle, Vampire Wargame, and puzzles were the only fun things about this game.

I have been playing in Esquire and have found this game fairly difficult. I then started the trials and I started to like this game. I was surprised at this. My complaints on my second playthrough were the Titan trials. You had to remember which ways to climb and if you stop moving then you would probably fail the trial. To make matters worse, you will lose you Dark Crystal for good after destroying the first weak spot and then mess up/fail the trial making you have to replay a level for about 5 minutes just for the Dark Crystal. This can be mitigated to about 30 seconds - 1 minute if you backup your savefile before starting the level. Oh and what the hell is up with the Dark Gauntlet's L2+Square in Shadow mode? In the light room puzzle trial, I kept getting screwed over when I would hit the furthest statue in the 3rd room, it would not go all the way across. Rarely it would, but most of the time, no. There was no Gremlin in the way. I am sure of that. The Clocktower was another annoyance. The time limit seemed lenient. The electric wall you have to climb is really annoying. You have to climb instantly once the electricity took a break. Oh, and one more thing... Fuck the Lesser Lycanthrope in the first level.

I am now on my Paladin and final playthrough and am breezing through skipping enemies/parts and clearing the way with Ultimate Light and Ultimate Shadow. The only problems I had was with the Chapter 4 boss. Wasted my magic almost completely on his first two forms and had to run for my life on the final phase because I had 30% of my health left. He would hit me without even touching me and rush at me with an AoE attack. All I had was about 5% of my Light magic left. I had to use it wisely by destroying the rocks and hurting the boss when my health was too low. The final boss in Chapter 2 was not so bad surprisingly. I am now on Chapter 9, level 3 and am expected to warn platinum later today once I get some rest. This playthrough has been quite fun.

• 4 weeks later...