Insane - Dessert question

CircaF00t

Hi,

I'm trying to beat the game on Insane.

I'm lvl 98 (blue knight)

my nephew is level 74 ( green knight)

and we stuck at the Desert I level.

We keep losing all our health and potions before we manage to complete it.

any hints?

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I am looking for 2 other players for getting insane done for castle crashers. Me and my brother are pretty good, but we usually run out of pots near the end of the level. A little more support will help us beat insane difficulty. I am not looking for any other playthrough except for insane difficulty.

If you can't add me (I might have too many friends on my PSN list), please message me so I can delete some off my list.

My PSN name is:

Ghost6Fire

• 10 months later...
This level can be skipped as many others can. I got my insane trophy without having to deal with the headache that is this particular level.

I am really struggling with the desert level and tried to do it alone, but one of my friends managed to get through it. I have read this from Game FAQ, which lists the levels which can be skipped can anyone confirm this is true? As it says that the desert level is one of those skippable levels.

"From: Lancer_Seraph | #002

you can start where you were, but he will have to go back and do those levels he missed to get the trophy, as every level must be done to have a "completed game".

This isn't completely true. On insane there's a bunch of the levels that aren't necessary to beat and can be skipped as long as you beat the checkpoint level that proceeds it. IIRC the checkpoint levels are Home Castle, Barbarian War, Barbarian Boss, Thieves' Forest, Abandoned Mill, Catfish, Tall Grass Fields, Pipistrello's Cave, Parade, Cyclops Fortress, Lava World, Industrial Castle, Dock, Pirate Ship, Desert Chase, Sand Castle Interior and Roof, Corn Boss, Medusa's Lair, Ice Castle, Wizard Castle Takeoff, and the Final Battle.

Every other level can be skipped without stopping you from beating Insane mode. Most notably Wedding Crash, Desert, Marsh, Full Moon, and Wizard Castle Interior because they're all extremely difficult on Insane. It's also worth noting that you can skip the interior of the Sand Castle by starting at the Roof, going back inside, and then going back up to the Roof. Of course none of this is possible unless you're playing with someone who already beat those levels. "

Source: Insane Mode and progress question - Castle Crashers Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

• 2 years later...

Desert level is so bullshit. There's so few enemies but they take months to kill and the sandwheel-attacks can give 5+ times the damage in a row if you're unlucky. I had full health and died in few seconds, because I was comboed way too hard... I've only got halfway through the stage before dying... Red Knight lv86