Rate the trophy difficulty...  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.54

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give it a 2. Everything is easy on clean up, but Samurai’s Journey gave me a hard time. I died way too many times trying to beat Dragon Aku. Other than that, I recommend having at least two or three spare controllers to make things easier for some of the character kills, synergy and PTE trophies. Also, for simultaneous knockout PTE trophies, doing them on the last stage on the Samurai Jack level makes it easier. It's over 30 enemies to kill on a small map. This was the only way I could get Kevin's PTE trophy.

Anyway, easy platinum & the plat trophy is pretty cool. BRO FIST! :applause:

I'd give it a 5 at the very maximum. The reason I say this is because I have one controller. With one controller, it is a little more time consuming for those that have extra controllers and can just speed rush their way to easy stuff. Another reason is some of the Story Mode Trophies like Frenemies, Samurai's Journey and Professional Hero. For the inexperienced, those can be rather challenging. It was not too bad for me as I actually own a 3DS and have the 3DS version of PTE. Since I played that until beating it, I was already experienced at the game . To me the 3DS version was harder because they made the final boss a lot more complex. He is definitely a lot easier on the PS3. And then there is hard difficulty story mode. the very time consuming. Again, for those not familiar with the game play style and have not played any Smash Brother games, getting acquainted with the game enough to get a Platinum can be a challenge in itself.

Overall, I agree the battle driven trophies are easy but the story driven ones can be tough. Overall, I truly enjoy playing this game.

• 1 month later...
I gave it a 3. 2 or 3 controllers take it down alot. There were some parts mildly frustrating. I thought KND platforming was a pain in the ass. And of course all the not dying trophies were a little dumb. But overall nothing to hard.

^ 3/10 from me as well, for most of the same reasons. I didn't have a problem with the KND platforming, but the "beat ___ in ___ minutes" trophies were kinda stupid and took a few tries. Multiple controllers reduces the annoyance factor of the (P).

• 3 weeks later...

I played this game without the guide and got through the game with almost no problems. Got stuck on the cheese level, but other than that, story wasnt a problem.

Had to check the trophy guide to find out trophy requirements (description wasnt clear) and check out the forum (almost non existent).

If i concentrated on this game i could have gotten it done in 5 hours

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave this a 4.

The story mode on hard isn't too bad if you use the right characters for certain situations. Since you will have to grind out money in the end to get everything, I'd heavily suggest skipping all battles you don't have to fight.

The reason I gave this a 4 rather than a 2 or 3 is because some of the random trophies are very annoying. Beating Bill & Mandy as Grim in under 2 minutes is super luck based, even on easy. Then beating KND stage 1 in under 5 minutes again is fairly annoying.

The game is also fairly grindy for being under 10 hours to plat. The biggest problem resides in the fact that you have to back out to the main menu rather than continuing in a battle lobby + the synergy assists are random.

Overall the game can be platted pretty fast but its rather boring. I could not see platting this in one day solely based on the fact that it wears thin quickly and is not a tenth as fun as super smash bros, the game it was trying to be.

• 3 weeks later...

My vote is a 4.

It only took 3 hours, but I would of thought playing in hard mode would of been difficult, but choosing "HIM" & AKU made it much easier than on my 1st playthrough. Also having multiple controllers made it less time consuming for PTE specials. The only tough part was escaping the lava in samurai jack level. Overall easy platinum & can be obtain with a 2-3 days or even less.

Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL platinum difficulty- 2

Stupid Buttercup! Shorty didn't wanna go down.. and I had no clue that there was a tiny fire-escape sitting right there waiting to be used. Hallelujah!

Aside from the It's Hero Time trophy, none of the other timed trophies should give you much trouble @ all. Moving right along..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 4/10.

Most of the game & its trophies were pretty simple but the odd spot when in hard mode caused a few hiccups, but my main frustration came from Samurai's journey & Frenemies-just got inexplicably blown off the screen unable to counteract them :2walls: i wish there was an explanation or a way round to ease the pain. Oh well nvm

• 3 weeks later...

Gave it a 3. Even on hard difficulty the campaign isn't very difficult, but a couple of the platforming sections can be a bit of a pain. I seemed to have a fair amount of glitches with falling through objects and scenery, but I've not seen anyone else complaining about it so I guess I was just unlucky. Think it took about 5 hours for the campaign and 4 hours grinding out the rest in multiplayer.