Anyone have any Guido Kart Race Tips?

OnceFallen

These races are driving me insane (The handling is absolutely non-existant, the slightest tap and you're done, and your normal speed seems to be 1/2 that of everyone elses), but it's the only races left that are keeping me from platinum'ing this game. So does anyone that has played it and beat these have any tips on how to beat these easier (other than keep trying because I honestly think I will probably break something if I can't figure out some kinda trick to them).

What worked best for me was doing the races without drifting. drifting makes you spin so i tried to avoid that.

the hardest was race 6 imo. there are tweo shortcuts that make the race a lot easier. the first is after the first curve, you dont have to do the next turn, you can rather drive underneath the billboard.

second shortcut is before you reach the hut with the patio, where you can get stuck easily. just turn left before you reach the inner (left) barrier. it will say that you're offtrack for a second, but it wont put you back.

Edited by arafna

• 5 weeks later...

Don't drift by itself, as it'll spin you. My advice would be to try different techniques to see what will work best for you.

I personally tried combining brake and drift at the same time, while no matter how bad you are going, like being last and 10 seconds behind like I always seemed to be, keep going as you'll likely catch up. Top 3 is then achievable. Drifting doesn't earn you anything in these races, so only use it if really needed.

• 2 months later...

I actually didn't find these very hard. I left them for last and was not looking forward to racing them based on what I'd read.

I think I got through all on the first try except one, and placed 4th first time on that race.

I did use drift occasionally, although for a few of the races it was best to just run along the wall without braking.

You definitely want to avoid contact with other cars, and for sure avoid the boxes as they will stop you dead.

Above post mentions shortcut for the one race, and that is very helpful for that event.

Don't worry about your overall race position until lap 4 or 5, and sometimes hanging back is better as the front cars seem to slow down.

Also remember, you don't need to be first, top 3 gets 'er done :dance:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to agree the kart races are ridiculous, it's like there's no control, all the other races are easy. The car we're using is the only one with three wheels, so no wonder it doesn't turn around corners.

To be honest if it wasn't for the easy trophies I wouldn't touch this game, even my kids don't like it.

Fat cats at Disney are laugh at us for buying their crap.

Makes me wonder who tests these games comatosed patients.

This is why I hate buying games from films, because they now they can sell them crap as gamers want to play like the film.

Thanks a fucking lot thq now because my son couldn't play the game he broke his ps3, in a tantrum he throws his controller which is still attached to the ps3 charging which pulled the ps3 off the table now it's fucked. Thanks thq for making a game aimed at children but a children can not do and costs me £250.

Edited by JPClyde

The Kart Races were the worst, but I just completed this all on Hard. Went into it thinking it would be a breeze so wanted to get my moneys worth. Just about threw my daughter across the room, hell no would I throw my controller, those cost $50 each!!!

What worked for me was turning early and holding drift while pumping the analog stick in the direction of the turn. This made the turn really sharp without spinning out. But you gotta be nimble on the stick for the S-turns. Similar action comes from holding the turn hard and pumping the drift button.

Most frustrating thing other than spinning out would be the rare time after hitting a wall that your kart would just turn on its own, right into the other wall.

• 1 month later...
Guido kart racing makes this game a stinking pile of crap. Other parts of the game are ok, but this, omfg. Makes me feel like head bashing.

YES

DIE A HORIBLE DEATH YOU WORTHLESS BASTARD

i liked the character in the movie, now i want him blown into a million pieces and then run through a wood chipper

the hardest was race 6 imo. there are two shortcuts that make the race a lot easier. the first is after the first curve, you dont have to do the next turn, you can rather drive underneath the billboard.

second shortcut is before you reach the hut with the patio, where you can get stuck easily. just turn left before you reach the inner (left) barrier. it will say that you're offtrack for a second, but it wont put you back.

The Billboard shortcut was huge and if you get the 2nd shortcut, you could almost lap the other karts. I went from dead last to running away with it. lol Totally made the game easy. I'm not usually very good at any kind of racing game, BUT Cars is the EASIEST platinum I have to date.

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/j4/s/J4stringthang/card.png

Platinums (17): Burnout Paradise, Cars: Race O' Rama, Cloudy...Meatballs, Dragon Age, GOW 1 & 2, Hasbro FGN, Ice Age 3, Madden 10, MLB 2k9, MLB the Show 09, NBA Live 10, NCAA 10, NHL 10, Trivial Pursuit, WWE Legends, and sadly Hannah Montana the Movie.

PSN 100% (0):

-Always looking for new boost partners! (Smarter NOT Harder)

• 2 weeks later...

Guido kart race 6 is the single most frustrating/hair pulling out/tear inducing/controller throwing level/track/stage/moment ina any game EVER. I f-ing want to kill this character. I f-ing want to kill the developers. I f-ing want to snap this disc in half! It actually feels like someone is also controlling your character and watching you play on a monitor and f-ing with you. It feels like magic is happening. Cheating frigging bullshit. the little bridge thing you go under, well you can stay well clear of it going under it , but the mechanics will still bounce you off it regardless. You can lead the whole race and get to the final lap and and a magic red tyre will appear under you and stop you from moving at all. HORRIBLE.

Wait till you reach Bubba's Bucket nonsense race... it will make the Go Kart races look like Hannah Montana challenges.

Honestly the best tip is never give up, more than a couple of times on the last lap while in 8th the silly AI just bunches up and in one fell swoop you can overtake them to gain 3rd spot. Now if I can only finish the Bubba race I can be done with this game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The races are terrible, what worked for me was to try to keep as much distance to the other cars because when they hit you, you loose control easily. Otherwise pending on the lay out of the course = corners and what not, I drifted alot in these races to get a head and away. Once you play to a race first, figure out how to approach each corner (drift,break, slow down) once you do that it's not too bad.

Hope it helps.

PS: race 5 and 6 was the worst

• 4 weeks later...

I was about to frisbee my cars game away. It was driving me nuts.

Then i've read about this shortcut in race 6 and that helped alot. I mean really alot. Couldn't have done it without it.

Also just keep racing also when your behind 10 sec. You only have to finish 3rd to complete so there's time enough to catch up.

Dont use drift to much and dont slow down at the last moment on sharp turnes and you will get it.

Kart race 4 with the sharp right turn just after start/finish was giving me headaches too lol :p

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to personally kill and hang the head of who ever designed that shitty blue car used in the mini kart races in my room.

No handling no drift abilities and NO ANYTHING.. it shows how much that crappy 3 wheeled crap is.

Heh why can't I be that bigger small car..

Edited by OniJsan

• 2 months later...

I didn't have too much problem with the Kart Races until I got to #6. I'm going out of my mind trying to get in the top 3. My best is 5th. I've been using the shortcuts, but I still manage to get screwed.

Edit: I finally got 3rd on #6 but then I saw that I accidentally skipped #5. :facepalm: This one is annoying because I'm actually not driving bad, but they're flying past me.

Edited by Harley Quinn

• 1 month later...

This is another one of those challenges where you have to have just the right combination of skill and luck to get through. This guy handles sooooo badly... just take comfort in knowing that eventually, the AI will have a bad accident, cause a pile-up, and you'll win by dumb luck.

• 4 weeks later...