Sparkplug Location Guide

Stanster

As you play, you'll find a guide isn't really necessary. In case you need one, I wrote it as I platted this game. Good hunting!

Sparkplug Locations:

Sprint 1: Impossible to miss, all are in the middle of the track.

Academy Challenge 1: Again, you can't miss them. They were made to be found.

Hudson Student Run: The first one is somewhat hidden, in the first area where there are directional arrows, to the right. The last two are on the left side of the raceway, you'll see them and have both by lap 2 or 3

Smash Up 1: The spark plugs will require you to jump to get them. Use the left joystick, hold it down then flip it up. Timing right, you will get these easily.

Road Race 1: One plug is just after the tunnel, one is on the right path when you have the choice of it or the large ramp, and one you must jump to get near the end of the lap as you ramp up in the air.

Road Race 2: 5 laps, all three plugs are easy to get and with 5 chances, you'll have them with no effort.

Academy Challenge 2: The first plug is simple, the second is in an alternate route through the city area, where you go over green safety cones. The third sparkplug is on the boardwalk at the beach, an alternate route too.

Candice's Glam Tour: The first two are in detours in the canyon, with green safety cones. The third requires you to jump while ramping onto the beach.

Trophies (In the order I got them)

Monster Truck Mayhem 2: The first two require you to jump, the third requires you to be very close to the left side during a sharp turn.

Smash Up 2: Hit the ramp for the first, jump off of another ramp for the second and the third, which is on the ground, will probably require a slight jump to get too.

Off Road Race: Plug 2 requires you to jump before the edge of the drop-off, but the other two are on the track and can't be missed.

Off Road Race 2: The only hidden one is inside of the gate. The other two are on the track.

Academy Challenge 3: The ones you don't get on the first lap, you will see and can take alternate routes to get the second play through.

Match Up: One you have to jump to get at the large ramp at the beginning, one is in the gated area, one is on the far left steep ramp when there are three paths right before the finish line.

Monster Truck Mayhem 3: Easy track, all three spark plugs are in the open and virtually can't be missed.

Road Race 3: The first is to an alternate path right after you begin, on the left. The second is an alternate path midway in the track and the third requires you to jump over a ramp near the finish line.

The first requires you to take an alternate path marked with green cones to the left, the second requires you to jump at a hill. The third is a bit more tricky, you must ramp at an angle to a small platform with a fence

and the plug in front of it. Jumping may not be necessary, just hug the left side of the road right up until you are about to get air, then aim right.

Academy Challenge 4: The first two you must jump on hills to get, the third is an alternate path through green cones. All easy.

Stinger's Stir Up: One is on the roof tops you must take the steep ramp to get on top of, one is on the raised concrete in the tunnel (jump on it to get), and the third is to the left of an intersection when you must go right. An alternate route may put it in your path, but I just drove through it and rejoined the race.

Bubba's Bucket Bash: Since this level can be a bit of a pain, you may want to get the plugs, restart from the start menu, and do the race. All three, however, are in the open and easy to get.

Sprint 2: Easy plugs, all out in the open.

Reunion Rundown: All are easy, as is the race. None are hidden.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Street Race 1 is not on your list.

Yes it is, he just forgot to put the name above it.

The first requires you to take an alternate path marked with green cones to the left, the second requires you to jump at a hill. The third is a bit more tricky, you must ramp at an angle to a small platform with a fence

and the plug in front of it. Jumping may not be necessary, just hug the left side of the road right up until you are about to get air, then aim right.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Yes it is, he just forgot to put the name above it.

Ever hear of editing your original post?

I'm sorry and no offense to you, but you gota be a blind man not to know where any of the spark plugs at the speedway races....they r all on the main track! Can't be missed!

Lol :)

While I agree you with you, it's just nice to have a complete list so if someone has the game and they are missing one race, they don't have to pull their hair out trying to find it, since the game map doesn't tell you if their are plugs or now. This is a lazy ass guide honestly. Doesn't tell you what areas the races are in and doesn't even bother to list all of the races with Spark Plugs.

Edited by BobbyLight

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I had the same problem of somehow not having all the Sparkplugs by the last event (had made sure to collect them - but trophy didn't appear) so I started a new game and only did the GOLD EVENTS - and the trophy & platinum popped up!

I found the list kind of helpful but as I was going through it some of the gold events were missing from the list (due to not having Sparkplugs in them - obviously!)

I have rehashed the list & found that there are 69 Sparkplugs to collect, I have split them into sets (this is when you move locations) - *NOTE* you don't need to do the side events to get the Sparkplugs.

Sparkplug Locations:

Set I

(3) Sprint 1*- (Gold Event)

Mack Challenge*- (Gold Event)

(3) Academy Challenge 1 -**(Gold Event)

(3) Hudson Student Run - (Gold Event)

Set II

(3) Smash Up 1 -**(Gold Event)

Mater The Greater *- (Gold Event)*

(3) Road Race 1 - (Gold Event)*

Set III

(3) Road Race 2 - (Gold Event)*

(3) Academy Challenge 2 - (Gold Event)*

(3) Candice's Glam Tour -*(Gold Event)*

Set IV

(3) Monster Truck Mayhem 2 - *(Gold Event)*

(3) Smash Up 2 - (Gold Event)*

(3) Off Road Race - *(Gold Event)*

Set V

(3) Off Road Race 2 - (Gold Event)*

(3) Academy Challenge 3 - (Gold Event)*

(3) Match Up - (Gold Event)*

Set VI

(3) Monster Truck Mayhem 3 - (Gold Event)*

Tokyo Mater - (Gold Event)

(3) Road Race 3*- (Gold Event)

Set VII

(3) Street Race 1 (Gold Event)

(3) Academy Challenge 4 *(Gold Event)*

(3) Stinger's Stir Up (Gold Event)*

Set VIII

El *Materdor**(Gold Event)*

(3) Bubba's Bucket Bash (Gold Event)*

Set IX

(3) Sprint 2: Easy plugs, all out in the open.**(Gold Event)*

(3) Reunion Rundown: All are easy, as is the race. None are hidden.*(Gold Event)*

(3) Chick Hicks Showdown*(Gold Event)*

Total Sparkplugs = 69

I hope this helps you guys/girls!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
On 11/1/2009 at 5:39 AM, Stanster said:

As you play, you'll find a guide isn't really necessary. In case you need one, I wrote it as I platted this game. Good hunting!

Sparkplug Locations:

Sprint 1: Impossible to miss, all are in the middle of the track.

Academy Challenge 1: Again, you can't miss them. They were made to be found.

Hudson Student Run: The first one is somewhat hidden, in the first area where there are directional arrows, to the right. The last two are on the left side of the raceway, you'll see them and have both by lap 2 or 3

Smash Up 1: The spark plugs will require you to jump to get them. Use the left joystick, hold it down then flip it up. Timing right, you will get these easily.

Road Race 1: One plug is just after the tunnel, one is on the right path when you have the choice of it or the large ramp, and one you must jump to get near the end of the lap as you ramp up in the air.

Road Race 2: 5 laps, all three plugs are easy to get and with 5 chances, you'll have them with no effort.

Academy Challenge 2: The first plug is simple, the second is in an alternate route through the city area, where you go over green safety cones. The third sparkplug is on the boardwalk at the beach, an alternate route too.

Candice's Glam Tour: The first two are in detours in the canyon, with green safety cones. The third requires you to jump while ramping onto the beach.

Trophies (In the order I got them)

Monster Truck Mayhem 2: The first two require you to jump, the third requires you to be very close to the left side during a sharp turn.

Smash Up 2: Hit the ramp for the first, jump off of another ramp for the second and the third, which is on the ground, will probably require a slight jump to get too.

Off Road Race: Plug 2 requires you to jump before the edge of the drop-off, but the other two are on the track and can't be missed.

Off Road Race 2: The only hidden one is inside of the gate. The other two are on the track.

Academy Challenge 3: The ones you don't get on the first lap, you will see and can take alternate routes to get the second play through.

Match Up: One you have to jump to get at the large ramp at the beginning, one is in the gated area, one is on the far left steep ramp when there are three paths right before the finish line.

Monster Truck Mayhem 3: Easy track, all three spark plugs are in the open and virtually can't be missed.

Road Race 3: The first is to an alternate path right after you begin, on the left. The second is an alternate path midway in the track and the third requires you to jump over a ramp near the finish line.

Academy Challenge 4: The first two you must jump on hills to get, the third is an alternate path through green cones. All easy.

Stinger's Stir Up: One is on the roof tops you must take the steep ramp to get on top of, one is on the raised concrete in the tunnel (jump on it to get), and the third is to the left of an intersection when you must go right. An alternate route may put it in your path, but I just drove through it and rejoined the race.

Bubba's Bucket Bash: Since this level can be a bit of a pain, you may want to get the plugs, restart from the start menu, and do the race. All three, however, are in the open and easy to get.

Sprint 2: Easy plugs, all out in the open.

Reunion Rundown: All are easy, as is the race. None are hidden.

On 3/19/2017 at 11:26 AM, waltdisneypixar said:

Here is a video

Thanks to you both. Got this trophy with no issues at all :)