Pluggin Away trophy glitch?

Jdot-Mattinson

Has anyone experienced a trophy glitch with Pluggin Away?

I thought I got all the spark plugs in the game, but I didn't get the trophy. I went back through all the levels that have spark plugs in them to make sure I got all 3, and I did in fact get them all.

When I am choosing to move from one city to the next, it will show me a message that says I have 2/3 gold events complete, or 10/11 gold events complete, etc, but there are no events left to complete. I have no idea why this happened.

If anyone knows of a fix, or has the same issue, please post.

Sparkplugs are located in all of the gold events. Make sure you've completed all the gold events and got all three sparkplugs from each event. I have it listed in my road map what are all the gold events, so maybe check to make sure you completed them all? I didn't have issues with this trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone experienced a trophy glitch with Pluggin Away?

I thought I got all the spark plugs in the game, but I didn't get the trophy. I went back through all the levels that have spark plugs in them to make sure I got all 3, and I did in fact get them all.

When I am choosing to move from one city to the next, it will show me a message that says I have 2/3 gold events complete, or 10/11 gold events complete, etc, but there are no events left to complete. I have no idea why this happened.

If anyone knows of a fix, or has the same issue, please post.

Hey there...yup I think you are right about a glitch...sAme thing happened to me...I wAs so mad. Wasted a couple hours loading and reloading races thinking I missed one...I hadn't

put the game for a few weeks frustrated...decided to get it out this morning and just start a new game with the intention of only collecting the sparkplugs

Grabbed the 3 plugs in sprint 1 (very first race of the new game) and the trophy immediately unlocked and consequently my platinum too as it was all I needed...give it a go and post here if it worked for you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey there...yup I think you are right about a glitch...sAme thing happened to me...I wAs so mad. Wasted a couple hours loading and reloading races thinking I missed one...I hadn't

put the game for a few weeks frustrated...decided to get it out this morning and just start a new game with the intention of only collecting the sparkplugs

Grabbed the 3 plugs in sprint 1 (very first race of the new game) and the trophy immediately unlocked and consequently my platinum too as it was all I needed...give it a go and post here if it worked for you

Thank you so much! I had a 97% on this game for weeks. I have unlimited rentals for Blockbuster so when I read this I thought I'd try it and it worked.

• 4 weeks later...

awesome :applause: it works (P)achieved =p

• 3 weeks later...

It did not work for me. I have a 100% complete save (to get all other trophies) and then a save with 96% where I only raced the gold events to get the plugs. Got all the plugs for the second time and still no trophy. I even started a third game and raced the first race to no avail. FRUSTRATING! :mad:

hmm, i have same thing...so you say you need to start a new profile? and start story mode with the race 'Sprint 1' ? And then collect all 3 plugs...?

I tried that, and nothing popped up for me...I also trid replaying Sprint 1 on my 'old' profile that says 100%...but all 3 pictures of the collected plugs were already displayed when the races started.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the glitch too. After reviewing every single race I found that Road Race 1 wasn't saving no matter what I did.

I tried the posted trick...it didn't work for me. The only thing that worked was starting a new profile and winning every gold race all over again. Once you get good, it should take more than 1 to 2 hours to finish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm stuck on this too :confused:

Only have the cart races left and the sparkplugs to get platinum.

Same issue with every location showing 2/3 or 6/7 or 10/11 - even though I have completed every event.

Will try the new save trick and keep fingers crossed.

I do not want to restart this POS :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

HAHA! I figured out why some are getting the trophies with the new profile and why others aren't.

It HOW you make a new profile!

At first I quit the game and restarted and made a new profile, but it didn't work. But when I left my good user and went to the main menu and made a new user inside the game. It remembered everything from my other profile! Then when I got all three plugs in the first race I got the trophy and the platinum!

Someone else try it. I wanna know if it will works for others! Hope it works!

Cheers, Brrnout

Edited by Brrnout

• 1 month later...

:applause::dance:

HAHA! I figured out why some are getting the trophies with the new profile and why others aren't.

It HOW you make a new profile!

At first I quit the game and restarted and made a new profile, but it didn't work. But when I left my good user and went to the main menu and made a new user inside the game. It remembered everything from my other profile! Then when I got all three plugs in the first race I got the trophy and the platinum!

Someone else try it. I wanna know if it will works for others! Hope it works!

Cheers, Brrnout

Yes, this worked great! You saved me another controller I would have smashed 4 sure, thanks a mill. :dance: :applause:

• 6 months later...

question for you lot. Had you guys updated the game anytime recently? Just wondering whether the glitch is due to an older version of the game and if it had been fixed. If I get the same glitch i'll try your method ;). sounds like a winner.

Completing the same game again because of a glitch is always lame. Happened with me and Burnout paradise, glitched on a license trophy, had to go through and do the game again. so LAME