screen problems

I have actually never experienced this so I really can't help. That's just weird that it's doing that. It's an obvious glitch, though I think it's more PS3 related than the game itself because your xmb is not tied to the game. That's why deleting data and redoing isn't working. So it's either your PS3, which might only trigger with certain games, or it's possible the Cars 2 disc has a scratch or damage somewhere that is causing data to go out of whack when being read by the PS3.

Hopefully someone can shed some light.

I have just loaded this game up and I am getting double screens, there is no other controller on and when I press ps button im getting 2 sets of xmb screens.

Has anyone had this trouble and how do I fix it? Ive tried deleting game data and save file from harddrive but this has not fixed it.

I'm assuming you turned off the ps3 and turned it back on? It sounds as though it's registering 2 controllers somehow. I would just say try turning off and the turning on the ps3 again, once using the ps3 power button and therefore turning on the controller after the system is on, and then try it again turning on the controller first. I'll try some google searches for ya too :)

I'm assuming you turned off the ps3 and turned it back on? It sounds as though it's registering 2 controllers somehow. I would just say try turning off and the turning on the ps3 again, once using the ps3 power button and therefore turning on the controller after the system is on, and then try it again turning on the controller first. I'll try some google searches for ya too :)

Yeah tried turning it on and off if u find anything on google that would be great I done a quick search earlier but seems that im the only person having this trouble lol

It seemed to load fine until it asked me if I wanted to save to cloud and I always say no and for some reason I done yes by mistake and thats when it started going funny and there is no save file in the cloud either

Thanks I tested another game in the ps3 and worked fine and the game itself seems scratch-free :(

That's why I mentioned certain games because it may be rare and only trigger when it reads something specific in a game.

It can't be 2 controllers because 2 controllers does not cause 2 xmb screens as all controllers share the same xmb screen, but the split screen in game does sound like more than 1 controller, but would not cause 2 sets of xmb screens.

Edited by StarlightDoll

Yeah tried turning it on and off if u find anything on google that would be great I done a quick search earlier but seems that im the only person having this trouble lol

It seemed to load fine until it asked me if I wanted to save to cloud and I always say no and for some reason I done yes by mistake and thats when it started going funny and there is no save file in the cloud either

Well my lack of finding anything on google makes me think it must be a really simple explanation. I'm sure we are thinking too hard. Lol. Most of my split screen experience is on XBOX360 so I really don't know what to say about it. My husband didn't have any issues with this game when I asked him about it. Last advice I can give is try a different Cars 2 disc :(

• 5 months later...