Cars 2 rated an 8 by IGN

pogs2k10

• 4 weeks later...

Cars 2 is a fun game, but with the whole spectrum of different types of games out there, there are just too many games with more thoughtful design and higher replay value than Cars 2.

So i think Cars 2 only deserve to be rated 8, when comparing with other family and kids games, and does not deserve 8 when giving a general review/critic.

Yeah, i'm sure ign rated it as a game and not just a game in the family category cuz if that were the case, then like another dude said in this thread, it deserves an 8, but as a game overall, yeah, i'd give it a 6. If you look at alot of their games that were rated an 8, alot of them would shit all over this game. Also, i think the difficulty for trophies should prob be moved up to a 4 for the london hunter challenge alone, at least id feel better for taking forever to get a gold in that shit for a game thats suppose to be a walk in the park.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I believe it deserves an 8. I went into this game thinking it would be just another boring kiddie game, but was quite suprised.

It has tons of nice unlockables and interesting game modes, and actually provided a challenge in parts you don't normally see in a kiddie game. I'd like to see a young kid get gold in all the survival missions, and even the hunter missions are insane to get gold in until you realize you can double turbo for easy gold. The multiplayer modes make the value even better. Also the variety of the manuevers you can do with the cars puts an interesting take on racing.

• 8 months later...

This game is too tough to be a children's game and too annoying to be an adult's game. I don't see why it would get an 8. It has some great ideas, but less than stellar execution, especially in the difficulty for children on Hunter and Survival missions. I would agree with 6. It is above average, but not great.

• 4 years later...