Game freezing

Ocran

Anyone else having trouble with this game freezing after finishing a mission? Let's me complete about 1 or 2 races then freezes when I hit next. And makes me hit the on off button on ps3 to restart.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Twice now I've had some dialogue go flakey (repeating) and then the game goes to a black screen after exiting the mission - requires a hard reset. Fortunately the Save file doesn't get corrupted, so its just an annoyance instead of a serious problem.

Yeah, Cars 2 has been glitching on one particular mission, Clearance Level 3: Power Surge: Survival. I've earned silver multiple times, only to have the game be unable to continue after the race completes. So far, I have been unable to unlock anything past this point; the game will not progress and forces my system into a hard shutdown. It also refuses to save any progress made during the race.

I'm going to try a workaround with the other trophies, but it is looking like I'm going to have to do a Game Data wipe and reinstall. Avalanche Studios and Disney just lost major points for this garbage.

EDIT: The game also goes into an endless "Initializing" animation when trying to connect to the World of Cars Online. There is no "Go back" option and the game never connects to the World of Cars Online, despite a functioning internet connection. However, quitting the game from the XMB during the endless "Initializing" screen does not force the system into a hard shutdown as quitting the game from the XMB during the race summary screen of Power Surge: Survival. I have attempted to restore all system files for the PS3 without success. The glitch remains.

Edited by poetic_justice_