Easier Challenge 10: Roboto guide

This guide will go over a quick way to finish each battle as well as the easiest way to defeat the Iron Cross boss with ease, and I am doing this on the easiest difficulty. Difficulty can be changed in the options menu. These strategies were not tested on higher difficulties, though they might still work just as well. If anyone can confirm whether this works just as well on the hardest difficulty please let me know. I cannot test it because I had already sent the game back. This is much easier than any method you may have seen people posting in other threads. I hope this guide helps. As for Iron Cross, I was surprised once I discovered the technique I used to defeat him. It was so obvious, but most I think overlook it.

What you will need:

-Classic Captain costume unlocked (needs 25,000 intel points to unlock)

This costume allows your focus bars to fill much faster. You can change costumes in the Extras menu. If you don't have enough intel after finishing the story, just play challenges to earn intel. Ballroom Blitz is a good one for this, as well as going for gold in the other 9 challenges before attempting this.

Battle 1: Advanced Enemy + mob

At the start of the battle just stand there and immediately start throwing your shield by spamming :r2: until all regular enemies are killed. If any remain as they get close just do a basic melee attack. After they're dead run toward the advanced enemy spamming :triangle: as you get close, or jump over him with :cross: first then do it. I usually just triangle which you will try to grab him and have to rapidly press the button that shows up. If you win you will cause him to stumble, but don't follow up with attacks. Instead as he stumbles, hold :r1: and press :triangle: to throw him to the ground. After he's on the ground hold :r1: and press :circle: to pin him down and another button will show up for you to rapidly press. If you succeed he will be defeated.

Final time: 20-28 seconds

Battle 2: Zola + mob

This battle will be used to fill your focus bars. You will want all 4 focus bars filled by the end of this battle. At the start of the battle just stand there and wait for Zola to fire a shot and deflect it with :l1: timed at the right moment to kill one of the regular enemies. Keep doing this until the enemies are uncomfortably close to you, then you can do melee attacks on the remaining, plus Zola will no longer fire gun after getting closer to you. Sometimes Zola will not fire his gun at start of battle. If you notice this happening feel free to spam :r2: to shield throw the regular enemies. Once the enemies are dead, be sure to stay at close range to Zola at all times. Move towards him like you are going to run right into him. At this point he will proceed to do 1 of 2 attacks on you. He will either raise both hands above his head to smash you, as indicated by the red circle that appears around his waist, or he proceeds to swing at you with one arm, as indicated by a yellow circle around his waist.

If he is going to do the overhead smash, press :cross:+whatever direction to make you dodge roll away from him. If done correctly you will gain some focus for successfully dodging. After the dodge roll, move back towards him and repeat. If he is about to swing at you instead of the overhead smash be ready to counter with :circle:. I usually just spam circle once I see he is going to swing at me. If counter is successful you will duck under his arm, at which point you need to keep spamming :circle: because he then comes back with his other arm. If everything is done correctly, Captain will duck under the first swing, then put his shield up to block the next which will cause the robot to stumble. You can follow this up with a few attacks if you want. Afterwards repeat. This will also build up your focus bars.

Once all focus bars are filled, do 4 back to back Cripple Strikes :r1:+:square: on him to deplete his health, or you could try entering Super Soldier mode by pressing :r1:+:cross: then unloading regular attacks. I have not tested Super Soldier mode on Zola. I only know it is the secret to finishing the final battle the quickest way possible. Once empty, repeat the dodge/counter techniques to build focus bars again, then unload 4 more Cripple Strikes. Once his health is low enough just keep dodging or countering (depending on what move he uses) to make sure all 4 focus bars are filled. To deplete his remaining health just counter his swings, which also damages, or throw shield with :r2: to bring him to his knees, then climb on top with :triangle:. You could also choose to end the battle at 3 focus bars filled by using 1 to finish off Zola with a Cripple Strike to deplete his remaining health. You can always get it back in the next battle.

Final time: 1:90-2:18

Battle 3: Iron Cross + mob

At the start of battle just stand there and wait for the Iron Cross to fire it's sonic boom weapon, then deflect it with a well timed :l1: to kill the entire enemy mob. This will also be the method you use to fill up your focus bars. Keep deflecting its attack. If all focus bars are filled approach Iron Cross and press :r1:+:cross: to enter Super Soldier mode, then just abuse melee attacks on him. Super Soldier mode is the key to defeating him the fastest way possible. Once Super Soldier mode runs out, back away from him. At this point repeat the timed :l1: deflection of his sonic boom attacks just like you did at start of battle to quickly fill focus bars. Once all 4 are filled enter Super Soldier mode again and unload melee attacks. It's that simple. I think you'll be surprised at how fast his health depletes when attacking him in Super Soldier mode. It's a faster health decrease than any other method you could use.

Final time: under 4:00

I hope this guide helped you. There's no reason why the Super Soldier tech should not work for you. As long as you know the methods to gain focus and are wearing the classic Captain costume, this should be extremely easy.

Edited by StarlightDoll

This guide will go over a quick way to finish each battle as well as the easiest way to defeat the Iron Cross boss with ease, and I am doing this on the easiest difficulty. Difficulty can be changed in the options menu. These strategies were not tested on higher difficulties, though they might still work just as well. If anyone can confirm whether this works just as well on the hardest difficulty please let me know. I cannot test it because I had already sent the game back. This is much easier than any method you may have seen people posting in other threads. I hope this guide helps. As for Iron Cross, I was surprised once I discovered the technique I used to defeat him. It was so obvious, but most I think overlook it.

What you will need:

-Classic Captain costume unlocked (needs 25,000 intel points to unlock)

This costume allows your focus bars to fill much faster. You can change costumes in the Extras menu. If you don't have enough intel after finishing the story, just play challenges to earn intel. Ballroom Blitz is a good one for this, as well as going for gold in the other 9 challenges before attempting this.

Battle 1: Advanced Enemy + mob

At the start of the battle just stand there and immediately start throwing your shield by spamming :r2: until all regular enemies are killed. If any remain as they get close just do a basic melee attack. After they're dead run toward the advanced enemy spamming :triangle: as you get close, or jump over him with :cross: first then do it. I usually just triangle which you will try to grab him and have to rapidly press the button that shows up. If you win you will cause him to stumble, but don't follow up with attacks. Instead as he stumbles, hold :r1: and press :triangle: to throw him to the ground. After he's on the ground hold :r1: and press :circle: to pin him down and another button will show up for you to rapidly press. If you succeed he will be defeated.

Final time: 20-28 seconds

Battle 2: Zola + mob

This battle will be used to fill your focus bars. You will want all 4 focus bars filled by the end of this battle. At the start of the battle just stand there and wait for Zola to fire a shot and deflect it with :l1: timed at the right moment to kill one of the regular enemies. Keep doing this until the enemies are uncomfortably close to you, then you can do melee attacks on the remaining, plus Zola will no longer fire gun after getting closer to you. Sometimes Zola will not fire his gun at start of battle. If you notice this happening feel free to spam :r2: to shield throw the regular enemies. Once the enemies are dead, be sure to stay at close range to Zola at all times. Move towards him like you are going to run right into him. At this point he will proceed to do 1 of 2 attacks on you. He will either raise both hands above his head to smash you, as indicated by the red circle that appears around his waist, or he proceeds to swing at you with one arm, as indicated by a yellow circle around his waist.

If he is going to do the overhead smash, press :cross:+whatever direction to make you dodge roll away from him. If done correctly you will gain some focus for successfully dodging. After the dodge roll, move back towards him and repeat. If he is about to swing at you instead of the overhead smash be ready to counter with :circle:. I usually just spam circle once I see he is going to swing at me. If counter is successful you will duck under his arm, at which point you need to keep spamming :circle: because he then comes back with his other arm. If everything is done correctly, Captain will duck under the first swing, then put his shield up to block the next which will cause the robot to stumble. You can follow this up with a few attacks if you want. Afterwards repeat. This will also build up your focus bars.

Once all focus bars are filled, do 4 back to back Cripple Strikes :r1:+:square: on him to deplete his health, or you could try entering Super Soldier mode by pressing :r1:+:cross: then unloading regular attacks. I have not tested Super Soldier mode on Zola. I only know it is the secret to finishing the final battle the quickest way possible. Once empty, repeat the dodge/counter techniques to build focus bars again, then unload 4 more Cripple Strikes. Once his health is low enough just keep dodging or countering (depending on what move he uses) to make sure all 4 focus bars are filled. To deplete his remaining health just counter his swings, which also damages, or throw shield with :r2: to bring him to his knees, then climb on top with :triangle:. You could also choose to end the battle at 3 focus bars filled by using 1 to finish off Zola with a Cripple Strike to deplete his remaining health. You can always get it back in the next battle.

Final time: 1:90-2:18

Battle 3: Iron Cross + mob

At the start of battle just stand there and wait for the Iron Cross to fire it's sonic boom weapon, then deflect it with a well timed :l1: to kill the entire enemy mob. This will also be the method you use to fill up your focus bars. Keep deflecting its attack. If all focus bars are filled approach Iron Cross and press :r1:+:cross: to enter Super Soldier mode, then just abuse melee attacks on him. Super Soldier mode is the key to defeating him the fastest way possible. Once Super Soldier mode runs out, back away from him. At this point repeat the timed :l1: deflection of his sonic boom attacks just like you did at start of battle to quickly fill focus bars. Once all 4 are filled enter Super Soldier mode again and unload melee attacks. It's that simple. I think you'll be surprised at how fast his health depletes when attacking him in Super Soldier mode. It's a faster health decrease than any other method you could use.

Final time: under 4:00

I hope this guide helped you. There's no reason why the Super Soldier tech should not work for you. As long as you know the methods to gain focus and are wearing the classic Captain costume, this should be extremely easy.

Thanks for all of this - I am having real problems with this challenge. I will have another bash when the wife vacates the house tomorrow - with a bit of luck!

I'm also having trouble with Triptych. Got any similar tips for this one?

These are the only two challenges now outstanding so I hope you can help.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all of this - I am having real problems with this challenge. I will have another bash when the wife vacates the house tomorrow - with a bit of luck!

I'm also having trouble with Triptych. Got any similar tips for this one?

These are the only two challenges now outstanding so I hope you can help.

I'm not sure about Triptych. I don't remember what technique I used for it. I know whatever I did did not involve throwing shield at Zola. I think I used a close range strategy by invoking its attacks and countering, or maybe I dodged them. Dodging fills the focus bar, and so does successfully deflecting their long range attacks. You could try filling up your focus bars, then use all 4 for Super Soldier mode. Just make sure you have the classic costume that boost your focus charge. I'm not sure if that would work well or not as I only discovered how well Super Soldier worked in Roboto. All I know is I filled up my focus bars and unleashed crippling strikes. Super Soldier might work here though.

Also, since your post was posted a little over a week ago, I was wondering if this Roboto strategy worked for you or not. If done correctly it should be very easy, like an impossible to fail kind of thing. If it isn't working there is something you're not doing right, though I tried to explain it as clearly as I could. If I had a way to record video I'd make a video of it.

Hi,

Yes I finally worked it all out with yours and everyone else's help - many thanks!

In fact I have gone through the whole game a second time in double fast time, ignoring a lot of the collectibles etc, so that I could try and enjoy the limited storyline a bit better. The really only annoying spoiler to the game in my mind is the second battle with the monocled Baron Von Whatshisface. I prevailed after about the third attempt - which is good for me at any rate!

Knowing what all the moves are when play through the subsequent time also helps with the enjoyment.

I've put it aside now for the time being. I've picked up Thor God Of Thunder.

I have to say I am not at all impressed with this one.

The storyline receives a 0/10 as the majority of this extremely repetitive palaver is just an exercise in frantic button mashing to very little purpose other than achieving full Repetitive Strain Injury in all fingers and wrists!

Do you know of any good instructional video for this game that would ease my plight before I decide that's it and abandon this one?

I can only think I am lucky in that I bought this game pre-owned at a much reduced cost. If I'd paid the proper new price I would be very angry.

Considering it is supposed to be a PS3 game, it isn't as good as some PS2 titles.

Hi,

Yes I finally worked it all out with yours and everyone else's help - many thanks!

In fact I have gone through the whole game a second time in double fast time, ignoring a lot of the collectibles etc, so that I could try and enjoy the limited storyline a bit better. The really only annoying spoiler to the game in my mind is the second battle with the monocled Baron Von Whatshisface. I prevailed after about the third attempt - which is good for me at any rate!

Knowing what all the moves are when play through the subsequent time also helps with the enjoyment.

I've put it aside now for the time being. I've picked up Thor God Of Thunder.

I have to say I am not at all impressed with this one.

The storyline receives a 0/10 as the majority of this extremely repetitive palaver is just an exercise in frantic button mashing to very little purpose other than achieving full Repetitive Strain Injury in all fingers and wrists!

Do you know of any good instructional video for this game that would ease my plight before I decide that's it and abandon this one?

I can only think I am lucky in that I bought this game pre-owned at a much reduced cost. If I'd paid the proper new price I would be very angry.

Considering it is supposed to be a PS3 game, it isn't as good as some PS2 titles.

Glad it helped! ^^ Are you asking me if I know of instructional video for the Triptych challenge or Thor? If you're asking about Thor I don't know, but probably best to ask in that game's forum.

I'm getting stuck and fed up on Thor!

How bloody repetitive is this game plus there's not enough save points which means you have to keep going over and over things which you have succeeded in several times over just because you just failed on the last little bit.

It sucks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...