How long does the game install take?

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man, so I finished Demon's Souls and I was gonna play this game... Well, because of my problems earlier with the game data install, I started it before I went to work. As of this writing, it is now ten hours later and it's still not done!!!

I don't know what else to do... Do I need to be offline or online? Does that matter at all?

I was offered advice before but I thought I'd update cause... damn man, ten hours is insane! It's only 1/3 done! :mad:

• 4 months later...

im having the same problem. i left it on overnight and its still not done. its been stuck on 3/4 since yesterday evening. im scared to restart it cause it might not change anything. this is bullshit

i dont know if this is what did it but i deleted a big game like assassins creed 3 and when i started it again it took maybe 10 minutes to finish.

Edited by Johnny Bananas
merge; please use the edit button instead of double posting

im having the same problem. i left it on overnight and its still not done. its been stuck on 3/4 since yesterday evening. im scared to restart it cause it might not change anything. this is bullshit

i dont know if this is what did it but i deleted a big game like assassins creed 3 and when i started it again it took maybe 10 minutes to finish.

Just restart it. I had to restart it four times before it finally worked for me. If it doesn't move after say 45 minutes, restart it again. Tedious but if you want to play the game, you'll have to do this. :(

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm pretty sure the disc was the problem. I bought it used from Gamestop and it wouldn't install. Well, after watching the movie on Amazon Prime, I wanted to really play it so I bought it new from Amazon and it installed just fine the first time I put it in.

I never had a problem with Gamestop before and about 80% of my games are used with no problems but this one was just a little weird.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 years later...