Anybody else disappointed that it's not in the Wild West?

i actually loved the story mode on this game, the mutliplayer was ok but loved the shotguns. lol.

after i finished this game i played RDR and fell in love with that one more.

but i loved the idea of the 1st call of juarez in the wild west. this one is more present day and im not that happy about that but then again thats just me.

Please let me know what you think of it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYm52GsdfQI&feature=player_embedded]Call of Juarez: The Cartel[/ame]

Edited by StarGate55555

• 3 weeks later...

I was at first as i had the first 2 games on 360 and thought they were really good.I guess maybe they couldn't come up with any fresh ideas for a wild west game?Fps are my favourite game and i will buy it to see what they have done this time around.It's the same developer so they deserve a little faith.

Yes i for one am. I've been a huge fan since the first one on 360. Even created the Official fansite for the game. I guess we will have to see if it lives up to the name. I'll still support Techland they've been great to me, but we will see.

I dont know about this game... I really dont think its gonna be any different from a COD/Mercinaries 2 mix now... Why dont developers take us gamers & what we want as PAYING customers into consideration?.....i will never get that! I mean do u guys REALLY want another modern day war type game? Shit we already got COD & BFBC, not to mention the other modern day war games that came out this year... I'm VERY disappointed atm....

Edited by Crazy-TrainZ28

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking Ubisoft/Techland must've felt cursed after the masterpiece that was Red Dead Redemption and they probably thought no way in hell could we ever compete with that, so they had to go another direction.

Does it disappoint me per se, meh I'll wait till the final product and see for myself, but as of right now I'm not too disappointed with it.

Here is seven minutes of gameplay. I will have my thoughts in a spoiler tag below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEvbj_Im19U&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Call of Juarez: The Cartel 7 Minute Gameplay Preview‬‏[/ame]

[spoiler=COJ:KARTEL] This game went from a Buy to a rent.

I also read an article on IGN, that said the online is bad and from seeing the SP gameplay, the game overall looks bad. I don't see the game doing so well. Maybe they should delay the game, becuase this is looking like one of the worst summer titles. Captain America, might sell better.

I think this game would have been better if it was in TP and not FP. In all respect, after I play the game, my though of it might change. Since I never played the first two, my opinion doesn't really count.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

Here is seven minutes of gameplay. I will have my thoughts in a spoiler tag below.

YouTube - ‪Call of Juarez: The Cartel 7 Minute Gameplay Preview‬‏

[spoiler=COJ:KARTEL] This game went from a Buy to a rent.

I also read an article on IGN, that said the online is bad and from seeing the SP gameplay, the game overall looks bad. I don't see the game doing so well. Maybe they should delay the game, becuase this is looking like one of the worst summer titles. Captain America, might sell better.

I think this game would have been better if it was in TP and not FP. In all respect, after I play the game, my though of it might change. Since I never played the first two, my opinion doesn't really count.

I got to agree with that post . I was exited by this game because it's one of the first game related to cartel's war. But The gameplay looks basic and crappy.

The fact that is not in the wild west is a good point for the game. because compared to RDR the game would have been ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant wait for this, just ordered it for £20. It has to be worth that! I know exactly what to expect, a low budget fun shooter. The second one was a blast but my save got corrupted so many times its not even funny... Its a shame its no longer in the west but im loving the idea of a modern west. It could be really interesting! It could also be a Turkey... Ive been looking through a few fourms and everyone is saying it sucks but are not saying why.

Edit: Order cancelled... Its a shame really the only thing i can see people saying is "Save your money!", "Its crap!" , "Does it get better", "AVOID!" while i would like to judge it for myself i will just put it on my rental list. I dont want to pay £20 for a piece of poo!

*Waits for 4/10 reviews*

Edited by CoolDust

I cant wait for this, just ordered it for £20. It has to be worth that! I know exactly what to expect, a low budget fun shooter. The second one was a blast but my save got corrupted so many times its not even funny... Its a shame its no longer in the west but im loving the idea of a modern west. It could be really interesting! It could also be a Turkey... Ive been looking through a few fourms and everyone is saying it sucks but are not saying why.

Edit: Order cancelled... Its a shame really the only thing i can see people saying is "Save your money!", "Its crap!" , "Does it get better", "AVOID!" while i would like to judge it for myself i will just put it on my rental list. I dont want to pay £20 for a piece of poo!

*Waits for 4/10 reviews*

Where did you order it from for £20? I know the game doesn't look great, hell I think Ubisoft have ruined the franchise. Call of Juarez is all about the Wild-West, that's what makes it stand out from other FPS, but I still wouldn't mind giving the game I go. Especially with it being a summer game drought and there being nothing else out for me to play.

Where did you order it from for £20? I know the game doesn't look great, hell I think Ubisoft have ruined the franchise. Call of Juarez is all about the Wild-West, that's what makes it stand out from other FPS, but I still wouldn't mind giving the game I go. Especially with it being a summer game drought and there being nothing else out for me to play.

You cant get it for £20 anymore unfortunately, it was from Tesco using two codes. Part of me wishes i kept the pre-order but i have a stack of games to play as is and i can rent it for £3 next month. Thats if its even worth a rent... :rolleyes:

Call of Juarez: The Cartel (Pre order) £20.41 @ TescoEnt (USING CODES)(360+PS£) - Expired - HotUKDeals

I played Bound in Blood two years ago and while I did enjoy it (played the game three times to get a bunch of different trophies done), even back then it already felt somewhat dated in terms of graphics and gameplay. And of course, it's still the only game that gave me a corrupted (non-copyable!) save after over 20 hours of grinding and a mere two hours before getting a gold trophy.

From what I've seen of The Cartel... it's not enough for me to make this game a buy or a rent. I have no interest in the multiplayer (which is getting trashed everywhere already) and the single player campaign looks way too generic. The graphics are about the same as Bound in Blood, which means it's even more dated now.

So yeah, I'll pass.

Yes, I was actually disappointed they didnt continue the story of the original CAJ. I feel like someone had the same idea as the guy who wanted to modernize Romeo and Juliet and made that terrible movie with Leo Dicaprio. I bought it cause it didnt look to bad, but it seems they didnt really push anything forward and its not as fun as the original CAJ was for me. I like westerns and stuff and this seemed like a cool idea but i'd have to say I'd prefer to have the original style.

• 2 weeks later...