Corrupt save !?!

I played the game for two evenings, no problems at all.

Then I played the last level, collected the last nugget, met the final boss, decided to duel him, lost the duel and the game loaded the last checkpoint - suddenly a window popped, that my save file is corrupted.

I tried to reboot my PS3, but when I load the game, after the screen telling what level is loaded there is a black screen and my PS3 freezes ...

However my profile data with all the nuggets is still fine.

Is there any way to "repair" the save? Maybe by playing an arcade level and returning to the story again?

I guess if I start a new game my level and my skill will be gone, won´t they?

Thanks for any help - I dont want to play through three times for all the trophies ...

No it can't, once a save is corrupted it's gone for good. All you can do is bin it and start over from scratch :(. I would seriously consider investing in a PS+ Subscription so you can backup your saves to the Cloud, that way you have a fall back if this happens again. If the saves aren't locked then a USB drive would also work for backing it up.

Backing up your saves after every session should be second nature to every gamer as game breaking glitches and file corruption can strike at anytime.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Thanks!

I do have PS+, and for this game a back up on usb is possible. I did not back up because I never had a corrupt save until now (for 6 years!!!) and I never thought a DLC game will be the first.

For sure I won´t go through this game two more times!

And, Techland seems to be the world champion is creating corrupted saves ...

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, Only with my ps3 i'm trying to play the game Deadpool. It starts up just fine, the game itself starts little bit laggy, and when it's reached the part where he opens the door a black window pops up saying something like "Game save is corrupt. Game will shutdown. delete corrupt data save to get rid of the problem".

I've done so multiple times already, but the same window pops up again and again, and it's the only game that gives me this error. I find this extremely annoying and really want help with it!