This game is a big pile of sh*t...

Single Player

For a start the Single Player is buggy beyond belief, like getting trapped in environmental sections that you shouldn't and fellow A.I even getting trapped in sections, or just not advancing as it should at all. There were also instances where I would complete a chapter then move on to the next one and be stuck in a neverending 'Failure' message screen causing me to complete it all over again- this got very annoying.

The shooting is terrible, it has the worst hit detection I've ever seen in a FPS game, it's really inaccurate, even with the ridiculous 'Sticky Aim' enabled. You find most guns don't do their job at all.

Not only is the enviroment a pitfall waiting to get you trapped but it's also very ugly looking at times, almost as if the developers couldn't be bothered to place textures over parts.

The story is probably one of the most unfulfilling, flat experiences I've ever had and by the time you get to the end you really think it wasn't worth the time at all. It's boring enough getting through it the first time.

Multiplayer

As for the Multiplayer, well, this has got to be the worst part of this game. For a start the Maps are so badly designed it's terribly, terribly easy for campers to pick a spot and just keep picking off people with ease, I mean when I first entered the online Maps I thought a 5 year old designed them with a piece of paper and crayon.

There are also many glitches that people use time and time again and more often than not have caused the match to swing their way.

To top that off when you are winning, usually the other team would quit out the game leaving you with no deserved win and wasting you 20 minutes.

By the time you've played a match or two you've got the Playstation Network logo engraved into your mind, even when you've selected a room with a good connection you'll get people with lag, your character stopping and starting, objectives unable to be completed and the constant nag of the PSN logo on your screen.

I would highly recommend staying away from this game. It is without a doubt one of, if not the worst FPS's out there, even Black Ops has its redeeming factors.

Edited by F99

havent played much single player, but I'm about 600K into multiplayer and I'd hafta say I've spent a good chunk looking at the PSN logo. However, Ive also had a lot of fun with the game too. Never had another team quit if they were losing. It is quite sniper friendly, but that being said, you've gotta train yourself up to be good at it. You also retain any XP you've gained as you were playing, so if the other team does quit, you keep what you've earned. Definitely wouldn't call it the worst FPS around, but that's just me I suppose :)

I know, I get sick of people who say: 'this game is sh*t' without any reason why so I wrote all that. I first played it a couple of years ago but put it away soon after and recently I played it again and realized why I put the game away in the first place.

I too have spent the whole time of Multiplayer looking at that PSN logo and its caused me to get killed a few times by not only covering snipers at a distance but also freezing me solid on the spot allowing me to be an easy piece of cannon fodder, there was also one match where there were a few seconds left and one of the other team's men were in my sights and the fricken game froze me on the spot as I watched him escape letting them win the match and he was 1 yard away from me - THIS is with rooms that have full green bar connections! No other game have I had connection problems this bad - even with the Call of Duty games I've never had constant problems this bad.

I know that it does save you the XP but what good is that when you are after both of the 5 wins after busting your balls in a 12 man match only for the game to close just as you were going to win. They should reward YOU with the win if the other team decides to leave, every other FPS has that in place so why not this?

You'd expect the hit detection of guns to be top notch in FPS games but never have I seen it so bad than this before, usually you'd have an enemy in your sights (Offline and Online) and the bullet will go right through them without damaging their health!

Completely useless, frustrating game and all the more reason why I will never buy a game made by 'Techland' again. Clearly that chosen name has no reflection of the quality of their products at all.

Edited by F99

yea, I forgot about the 5 wins trophies. Hmm, sorry to hear that. I never had that problem though (thankfully).

I'm not sure where you're located in the world, but I'm in Australia and I've found that mu connection is ususally pretty bad while most others is good. Might be a location thing. And yes, being cannon fodder sux... happens a lot to me.

I think the targeting thing (at least on multiplayer) may be connection related too?

Either way, for all its flaws, I'm still having fun with it. I can definitely see why you'd be disgruntled though

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm finding this games online to be nothing more then a bag of shit. Right at this moment the game I've joined is stopping me from playing. I only move 1 step then freeze for at least 30+ seconds. Because im working on the use all classes trophy I've had to turn down the volume and let my digital man get killed every 5 seconds. As cool as this game is I wish I never got it.

Anyone planning on getting it don't. I'd reccommend a playable game like Killzone or something.

Edited by JoshT

• 1 month later...

I liked this game very much. I got all the online trophies and couple of years ago and there were no problems with it. Maybe its hard to find players now, and the developer is also focusing on Cartel and Dead Island servers or something to make it freeze.

I was 3/4 of the way on hard and had 70 secrets but after new hdd came my save data didnt transfer and i havent gone back cause i was so close to get all trophies (except very hard)..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This game is pure ass, I rented it from Redbox. The story was an interesting concept but poorly executed in terms of writing and dialogue. They went way overboard with profanity and trying to make the 3 main characters be at odds, they tried way too hard with those factors to the point that it got dull, annoying, and repetitively bland. A lot of games swear and show conflicting characters these days, but whoever made this had no idea on how to do it properly. Graphics and gameplay were equally shitty. Overall, the game was so bad and I could only stomach a single playthrough with one of the 3 characters before taking this fecal matter on a disk back to Redbox.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to admit, that for me Call of Juarez Bound in blood is one of the very best games I´ve ever played - I mean both, SP and MP...

Nice setting for the story and I like the characters, both of them, with a slight preference for that tricky Thomas. What I really like about the story was the development of both characters good-bad-good to sum up very shortly. So more complex to most of the other videogames.

Concerning MP... Well I made my platinum over a year ago and servers weren´t full at this time already. Most of the time it was the same map I played (Magnificant or something like this). Sure this was al ittle boring but primarily a pity. Because this MP would´ve deserved more players. I really love this Bounty-Idea :dance:

Why? Because you earn XP (here: money) even if you´re not a good player or you´re playing as a newbie against one or even more of this hardcore-gamer which played the game all over the day for months already.

So my level of frustration was very, very low when I started with MP. My K/D-Ratio was awful till the first half of the million $. But hey, who cares, I made a few kills on the heavy guys and finished the round with a nice amount of dollars. Later I was the heavy guy and so I earned less dollar for a kill but I made more kills. Best round was something near 40.000 $ for me and I´m not a very skilled shooter...

So for me, this Bounty-method should´ve been implemented to all shooters. More fun and XP for everybody.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I got this game Oct 2010 and only recently dug it out... I have no idea why I did not play it more (I think it was because I loved Red Dead Redemption).

This game is great fun, I wish that I had played it when more people were online. It is a brilliant game if you are bored of the usual annual FPS that are churned out... Love the wild west setting.

For me, I'm in the camp that says BUY IT!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People who says that this game is "a big pile of sh*t" should just stop playing videogames altogether.

Yes, it's glitchy! Yes, it's not perfect! Yet it's the best spaghetti western experience I had in a videogame, something that I did not found in Red Dead Redemption.

RDR doesn't have duels, it doesn't let you to pick up chairs and smash them into enemies, it doesn't have two playable characters with different (albiet minus) skills.

Both are great games, but for a "western standpoint", Bound in Blood edged it better than RDR.

People who says that this game is "a big pile of sh*t" should just stop playing videogames altogether.

Yes, it's glitchy! Yes, it's not perfect! Yet it's the best spaghetti western experience I had in a videogame, something that I did not found in Red Dead Redemption.

RDR doesn't have duels, it doesn't let you to pick up chairs and smash them into enemies, it doesn't have two playable characters with different (albiet minus) skills.

Both are great games, but for a "western standpoint", Bound in Blood edged it better than RDR.

Wow, nice to see some fire in a gamer. Love this damn game. Get excited about spaghetti westerns! We need some more tomato sauce. Enjoyed the journey to plat with this one!