Holy Fudge

My Very hard run lasted a few weeks with me hacking away at it every now and then. I went from Normal to Very Hard and had the crap beaten out of me every 3 minutes or so.

Just move very slowly and don't go all rambo! I know that's generic advice you can apply to any shooter but this game on very hard is a real pain. Just take your time and you'll get it, also make the most of the cover system which helps you quite alot. Peek N' shoot!

Edited by Witcomb

The main thing to realize and remember, is that you can't shoot automatic as in other FPS's. No matter how fast your reflexes are, your guns just don't shoot fast enough. people get too used to automatic weapons like Assault rifles.

As the above post said: Shoot and take cover! It applies to this game on Hard and Very Hard especially, because of the aforementioned.

Speaking of cover: Make use of the game's designated Cover-system! It's made for potshots

And yeah, one shouldn't go from Normal to Very Hard, because they can too used to use Run & gun. That'll work normal, because you can take more damage. On Hard, playtime's over.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i finish my very hard mode in a day,it was very normal,nothing too much!Only those duels:mad:

but i'm having trouble in this case:In chapter three i picked up the 3rd secret with tom then i read this thread an then got the other 4 with ray but when i finished the chapter it says i have only found 4 of 5 secrets what do i do

i finish my very hard mode in a day,it was very normal,nothing too much!Only those duels:mad:

but i'm having trouble in this case:In chapter three i picked up the 3rd secret with tom then i read this thread an then got the other 4 with ray but when i finished the chapter it says i have only found 4 of 5 secrets what do i do

I have the same problem with the secrets. stuck on 88/89 :(

• 3 months later...
I'm getting my ass stomped on Very Hard. I played through once on Hard and I didn't think that Very Hard would be that different. Boy was I wrong! I'm getting frustrated trying to get through the first damn level. I'm thinking I might even give up on this game for a couple months. :(

I used Thomas and at the difficult parts I used the bow and arrow to slow down time and take my shot. Its really helpful on the last level when you are trying to aim around the column and getting one shotted all the time!

I still have Very Hard left over from way back when the game came out. I have completed all other difficulties and I had just started a Very Hard run when the game froze on me and corrupted my save. Not only did I lose all my story progress, I also lost my way to the 1 million trophy (I was at a little over 900,000 when the corruption happened).

This happened early 2010 and as you might imagine, I haven't touched the game since. ;)

I might try again... but I know I'll want to be boosting the 1 million this time.

I still have Very Hard left over from way back when the game came out. I have completed all other difficulties and I had just started a Very Hard run when the game froze on me and corrupted my save. Not only did I lose all my story progress, I also lost my way to the 1 million trophy (I was at a little over 900,000 when the corruption happened).

This happened early 2010 and as you might imagine, I haven't touched the game since. ;)

I might try again... but I know I'll want to be boosting the 1 million this time.

Gutted, I'd give up and smash it if that happened. Those Trophies where hard work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It's obtainnable...I completed in on very hard in one day.The first level it's hardest,the second got its moments too...then you can get a grip on the game and better guns.I completed it playing as Ray,mostly using quickshooters,then volcano guns.I buy heavy scoped at the level 3 and use it to the end.The heavy scoped rifle is a must have in my opinion.

The bridge-plant two dynamites at the start of bridge,then plant the left upper,the right.And cover beetween the pilars.

I know its an old post but maybe someone find this useful.

Remember to buy heavy scoped.

It's obtainnable...I completed in on very hard in one day.The first level it's hardest,the second got its moments too...then you can get a grip on the game and better guns.I completed it playing as Ray,mostly using quickshooters,then volcano guns.I buy heavy scoped at the level 3 and use it to the end.The heavy scoped rifle is a must have in my opinion.

The bridge-plant two dynamites at the start of bridge,then plant the left upper,the right.And cover beetween the pilars.

I know its an old post but maybe someone find this useful.

Remember to buy heavy scoped.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/bump/grand/bump_gut_gif.gif

• 2 months later...

Beat very hard mode in less than 24 hours and I played as Thomas the whole time. I have to say that Ray's AI is almost too overpowered in very hard because he was a killing machine.

During the final battle do not go directly behind the pillar. Instead go to the doorway and aim to the left side behind Marissa while taking cover once in a while. Barnsby will still come out and shoot and after hitting him with 3 or 4 shots you will hear him go "Arghhhhh" or something to that effect. When that happens he disappears and you don't have to worry about him. Then you have to go behind the pillar for his men to spawn and there really is no easy way to take them out. Just take your time.

The only part that gave me a little grief was Barnsby's ambush late in the game. When they come to the front it wasn't a problem, but when they start attacking from the left it was a test of endurance.

Another part that seemed to give people trouble is when Thomas needs to gather 3 horses. I beat this part in 2 tries and only killed 4 enemies. For the first two horses just go to the opposite side from where you entered at the start. Try to do it as fast as you can. Then for the third horse I went to the side from where I climbed up at the beginning and only saw two enemies spawn before mounting the final horse.

I highly recommend buying the heavy scoped rifle as well. Its available at the very first gun shop and was the smartest purchase for me the entire game. I never bothered buying any other guns or the prime bow for Thomas.

Edited by Freaky Ways

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...