Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - Roadmap

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 6/10 (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
  • Offline trophies: 40 (30(B), 6(S), 3(G), 1(P))
  • Online trophies: 8 (6 (B), 2 (S))
  • Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 26-50hrs (Estimated Time to Platinum)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 2 + many online matches
  • Number of missable trophies: None
  • Glitched trophies: None
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, you have to play on at least Very Hard.
  • Do trophies stack?: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.

Introduction:

From the trophy breakdown, there seems to be quite a lot of online trophies but many of these can be earned during story mode or ranked play. I added them to whichever group I thought suitable. The time to Platinum will vary considerably depending on if you get all scrolls in your first playthrough or not. It also varies if you boost online or do it legit but legit also depends on your skill.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Complete the game on any difficulty

A fairly basic step, just play through the game with the difficulty set on whatever you like. I would advise Normal for most of you to get into the swing of the game. If you are new to shooters pick Easy and if you think your up for the challenge do Hard like I did. I would stick to playing as one character - at the start there are two levels were you can only play as one of the characters. After completing each level choose the one you think is worse and stick with them. The only difference is when you enter concentration mode.

In this step you can also try and follow a guide to collect all scrolls - if so, skip to Step 3. Don't worry about side quests just yet, all you have to do is the main story quests. NOTE: Do not use chapter select prior to completing the game, otherwise you will overwrite your save file.

Step 2: Complete the game on Very Hard

Play through the game on Very Hard. Remember in Step 1 you chose which character you thought was worse and you played as him - this time play as the other. Don't worry about side quests or scrolls just yet, all you have to do is the main story quests.

Step 3. Collect all scrolls and complete all quests

You can now go back and collect all the scrolls that you missed in your prior playthroughs and you can complete all the side quests. Check the in-game trophies and it will tell you what you need for this step. Use the trophy guide for info on the scroll locations. You can collect scrolls and complete side quests via chapter select. It doesn't matter what order you do the chapters in.

Step 4. Clean up remaining story mode trophies

Use chapter select and complete all story mode related trophies. I recommend doing these on Easy or Medium. You should already have half of these trophies done by the time you complete Step 2. Refer to the trophy guide for a full walkthrough and/or video which shows how to earn each trophy.

Step 5: Online

It is now time to go and complete online, where you need to earn $1,000,000. This may take a while and since the game has been out for some time, the online count may be low. Check the boosting thread linked at the end of the road map if you need a boosting partner.

In this step you can earn (if you haven't already) the trophies for getting a set number of kills with each weapon. Check your in-game trophies to see how many kills you already have (story mode and online both count towards these). By the time you earn $1,000,000 you will have enough money to purchase all classes. My recommendations for online, weapons-wise, is to use a sniper, ranger (double shotgun) or the long-ranged shotgun. I find these three the most effective depending on which map you play.

Edited by Terminator
Removed a dead image.

A very small typo:

-Number of missable trophies: There are no glitched trophies.

-> missable

Anyway, I'm planning to start this soon so keep 'em coming (text, not typos) :)

thanks mate, it was after 12 when i wrote that.

I more or less have my road map finished just awaiting a header. I will likely submit it soon.

Edited by MrTxxThaxxLad

As i stated i counted trophies that can be earned in ranked or story as ranked or whichever i thought suitable. Read through and you should find that.

Introduction:

For the trophy breakdown there seems to be quite a lot of online trophies many of these can be earned during story mode or ranked play, i added them to whichever I thought suitable.

that should explain it better. :)

Edited by MrTxxThaxxLad

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice road map - i did step 1 on hard and step 3 at the same time and it was not so bad - i then went on to cleaning up random single player trophies and started working on Gold Rush and simply did that back and forth with very hard as to not get completely burned out on the game. Fun game!!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I´m actually on my way to plat... I only need help with the multiplayer trophies beacause no one gets online D: any ideas? I´ve heard something about boosting but I don´t know how please reply :) THX

Put a post here in the boosting thread. We've been done for awhile but you only need 4 to boost it. Mention that you want a group to boost. Don't be afraid to start a boosting group. You can see in my old posts how we set it up. People will help. If they don't play fair, delete them and find someone else. Good luck. Just keep the randoms out of the lobby.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/call-juarez-bound-blood/12933-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post-96.html

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...