Game froze!

so I got this game and started playing it on hard and got to the final chapter then the my ps3 froze and now it keeps making a new profil which means I have to start all over again from chapter 1.. seems like my save got damaged or sth when it froze.. idk.. -.-

Am I f***ed? >.<

• 4 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me on my very hard play through. The game also froze on my medium play through but didn't erase the save info. If I remember correctly I waited a few minutes before rebooting, and it didn't corrupt the file.

I was anxious to get my Very Hard game over with, that I immediately rebooted and POOF save file gone.

:sick:

• 4 weeks later...

Same thing just happened to me this morning. Not only did I lose my Very Hard playthrough save, I also lost my shot at the 1 million trophy (I was at about $ 925,000).

I think I've just about had it with this game.

I'm not going to play the game twice again to get back to the point I was at and I'm not going to spend hours upon hours of multiplayer to get the money again. I'm officially done.

Sigh.

The corruption of the save file is really the only negative experience I've had with this game. What normally should only have taken two completions to platinum is now going to be four at a minimum (assuming the same thing doesn't happen again).

As far as the goldrush trophy, I managed to find four people to boost with and I had the trophy in two turns. So that trophy can be obtained fairly easy if you can get the people together.

They probably should not have copyprotected the saves. Isn't a save file linked to your PSN account? It should be enough to prevent illegal sharing of savegames. I have back-up copies of all my other save files... Call of Juarez is the only game I have that doesn't allow it. And of course, it now is the only game that has corrupted my save because of a freezing issue.

Kinda ironic.

As far as the goldrush trophy, I managed to find four people to boost with and I had the trophy in two turns. So that trophy can be obtained fairly easy if you can get the people together.

I wanted to get this trophy this way late last summer, but in the end I decided not to. I haven't boosted or 'cheated' on any of my games so far, so I didn't want to do it for CoJ either.

But now, after losing $ 925,000 and my single player campaign progress?

I might just do it.

Not right away, I really am done with this game for the moment.

But who knows, maybe in a month or so, after games like Heavy Rain...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest how has everyone here rebooted their console who has lost the game save?

Mine has frozen many times, i ejected the disc then re-inserted it into the frozen console then it resets itself and up to now i haven't lost any data.

if people have reset their consoles through pressing the power button and lost data, that could be why?

Anyway, this is just an idea :think: if anyone here has lost data through re-inserting the disc then ignore everything i have said.

• 4 weeks later...

The same happened to me after finishing the game on easy, fortunately trophies remained registered on the server but everything else disappeared: money, secrets, updates, classes in multiplayer, everything. I am unwilling to repeat the game again thinking it may happen again. The game freezes often. The producer should make a patch for this. I think this game is pretty good according to my point of view and be spoiled with these situations.:mad:

• 10 months later...

The game is very good on multiplayer but as you all say the developers and ubisoft should take a close look and listen! I lost my very/hard save data 2/3 through and lost $430,000 and all secrets and unlocked characters. I have thought about turning it into a frisbee and never buying anything from techland again. Why Why WHY are saves protected?:mad: if they are locked to your account thats all that is needed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If I start playing this game can I still get the platinum?

Absolutely, as long as it doesn't glitch out on you.

If I want to plat this game I have to do another 2 playthroughs! That's bullshit and I don't think I will be doing it anytime soon.

Edit: While I did a very quick 6hr run through on Easy to unlock Very Hard again. UGH, now I've completed the very last mission on very hard - fourteen more to go.

Edited by Kingpinn187

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good thing that read this. I did my first playthrough on hard and I'm currently playing online (I have $385K so far). I do have PS Plus and every 2 days my save file is saved automatically to the online storage, but after reading this, I'm gonna manually save the CoJ save file to the cloud every time I quit the game, cause that way I won't lose much progress if I get corrupted data.

• 8 months later...

Im stuck at the end of chapter 2. Chapter 3 would say its loading but nothing happens. ive left it for an hour and it still says its loading. I could not continue the game from chapter 3. i have deleted the game save and game data and played from the beginning 3 times and still chapter 3 would not load.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• 3 years later...

had this bitch of a game freeze on me about three times, and each time corrupted save data!

happened last night while I was playing through to collect all the scrolls - got as far as the last scroll in the side missions area and it froze, gotta restart and collect them all again now.

luckily that is the only trophy I need now, so no issue regarding mp. still pissed off at it though.

• 8 months later...

This just froze on me, 3rd Chapter, during auto save.

Luckily this was the begining and it was on easy but i lost some progress:

Forgive me lord 0/2000

Rifle and shotgun expert 0/250

Again, luckily, i already got all MP trophies and Goldrush

Edited by RENTa

• 3 weeks later...
This just froze on me, 3rd Chapter, during auto save.

Luckily this was the begining and it was on easy but i lost some progress:

Forgive me lord 0/2000

Rifle and shotgun expert 0/250

Again, luckily, i already got all MP trophies and Goldrush

Same thing happened to me, in the exact same point. Luckily i only needed two offline misc trophies and the collectible ones.