Best PS3 shooter for me (Review maybe)

I´m just talking about Multiplayer here.

"Can´t there be a fair and simple shooter for PS3?"

That´s what i was thinking all the time when i was playing COD or Killzone. It´s ´cause i was playing only special mods of shooters in the past that made the games that simple and fair.

My favourite shooter was Quake 3 Arena v1.11 (i think) with railguns only. One weapon, one map, good opponents, no possibility for cheating and a lot of fun! I was playing that for years on linux.

Then i decided to sell all computers i own and get me apple computers. With the first one was Halo 1 included. From that day i was playing it on sniper only modded servers. Also a lot of fun even if it was -sucker microsofts- Halo.

I was trying a lot of shooters on computers in the past and the most failed for me after one multiplayer game.

Now there is Call of Juarez, the best PS3 shooter for me.

For me it´s coming closest to the kind of shooters i like.

You can choose different characters, with different weapons equipped. The only other difference is how fast they are and how much armor they have. Well, you have to make a strategical choice there and/or the character that fits your gameplay best. If you fail you can change to another character inbetween the round your playing.

And thats it! You cant call any weaponary train comming up from hell blasting your opponents away. You cant send out a bunch of dogs eating your opponents scalps or any other _unfair_ shhii.. !

What do you think about that overloaded shooters outta there?

Edited by OmenCube

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoy the online a lot as well. Being able to choose from the eight different characters allows everyone to play in a way they are most comfortable. You want long-range, be a Sniper, you want to get up close and personal, be Hombre. Additionally the different maps call for different strategies.

I like Western Legends the most, followed by Shootout. The other modes don't really do it for me. Western Legends is still like Team Deathmatch, just with objectives to avoid it being pure mindless killing.

I recently started it and its definitely one of the most overlooked ones this generation... I'm enjoying it, though. There's not enough of this genre in FPS/third person shooters and its one of my favorites.

As for best PS3 shooters this gen, for me, its been Battlefield: Bad Company all the way... though I did enjoy Killzone 2 - "War. Perfected." was right. But CoJ is definitely among them. I'm glad I didn't pass up on it, even though it hit the bargain bin fairly quickly.