Rate the trophy difficulty.  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.35

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid
Updated average.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going for a 7. There aren't that many "hard" moments, but there are a few tricky ones, and the rest are just about knowing the right places to do them.

The Chapter 1 side mission is one of the most tricky ... and "Very Hard" isn't that hard at all so long as you stick to cover and don't rush. Still two playthroughs either way.

The $1,000,000 online trophy is a time consuming bitch though! Considering an average game can get you like $3-5k. Still, it's pretty fun online.

I'm guessing around 50-70 hours.

I'm not sure about difficulty yet, Hard was a walk in the park (except a few points), I've yet to start very hard.

MP seems doable, tho the 1M could be time consuming.

I've yet to get the lvl1 side mission trophy (even tho it seems I get them all, I don't get the trophy) and the "kill 7 enemies in a single concentration mode" (I never happened to have concentration available with 7 enemies on screen.. tips appreciated).

So far I would say it's about a 7 but I'll wait till I'm totally done before voting.

I'm gonna wait to vote until I've done everything I can first. So far 2 things have irritated me to NO END! #1 the gun or dueling where you have to draw against another. For SOME reason I TOTALLY suck at this! LOL I always have to retry it and I'm playing on easy right now for trophies. So if this gets harder on very hard, no way am I going to make it!

#2 I think it's chapter 3? Where you have to shoot the guys from inside the stage coach. OMG I suck at that also! LOL

For anyone that has played on very hard, how many shots can you take before you die? I personally think the cover system is flawed because you still get hit even if you take cover behind a CEMENT WALL!

I think the difficulty in this game is very low. This is a game where you can get about half of the trophies just by playing through the singelplayer part.

It it absolutely games that got a much harder trophie difficulty, so out of 10, i think it is about 5 or 6

I'm not sure about difficulty yet, Hard was a walk in the park (except a few points), I've yet to start very hard.

MP seems doable, tho the 1M could be time consuming.

I've yet to get the lvl1 side mission trophy (even tho it seems I get them all, I don't get the trophy) and the "kill 7 enemies in a single concentration mode" (I never happened to have concentration available with 7 enemies on screen.. tips appreciated).

So far I would say it's about a 7 but I'll wait till I'm totally done before voting.

To get the lvl 1 side trophy (d-day) you have to make sure nobody reaches the shore. As soon as you see guys on land, restart from the checkpoint. There is one hidden raft that gave me some problems.

Shoot every raft you can see. Now note the green bushes on the left side of the river closest to the bank? there is a hidden raft in there. Just lob a shot in there and you will see the bodies fly up.

As for killing 7 guys with a concentration. Let two raft loads make it to the beach. When they are in range, reload your pistols and kill them all with a concentration. Trophy achieved.

i gave it a 4 to get the plat, i dont have it yet just need to complete it on very hard (only got the last 3 levels left) and get 200k which shouldnt be too much of a problem.

very hard is actually pretty easy most of the time....BUT when it gets hard its a bitch. there are a few checkpoints that i thought 'thank fuck for that'.as a rule for very hard if you keep dying at the same place over and over try saving your concentration gun thing for that part, also your brother is alot more helpful then other games, the game tells you when he is about to die and you have about 30 seconds to kill any random bad guy to progress.would say it takes between 5-8 days to plat.

I voted a 6, even though I haven't earned all the trophies yet but the game is pretty easy even on hard difficulty, so I don't expect that much from Very Hard diffuclty. Only thing is the Goldrush! Trophy will take while to get but it's not really difficult and this is an enjoyable Multiplayer game. So I gave it a 6, should have my platinum hopefully by end of the week depending on how the money hunting goes lol.

I gave CoJ a 5. You can attain platinum within a week easily. I have one or two gripes about the MP aspect of the game though. I played many a game with my clan mates and whilst our bounty was regularly over 1k because we were making plenty of kills, our wallets were not as large as the opposition. I had one match were my bounty was $2870 and my wallet was about $15k yet the highest opposition bounty was $200 and their wallet was $30k. It seems you are rewarded for being crap and I disagree with that. Also if you are scoping with the sniper rifle and a teammate is in front of you, everything is out of focus except for your teammate which causes unnecessary problems.

• 4 weeks later...

I gave it a 4. Played on medium first time through and only really had trouble with the last few quickdraw matches. Some parts of very hard were annoying but a little luck doesn't hurt.

Goldrush trophy wasn't a problem for me at all. Manhunt will get you the most money and I averaged between 20k and 25k most of the time.

I love this game and I'm still playing it online even after I've platinumed it. I love it but difficulty I gave 4.

• 3 weeks later...

I think a 7 is accurate. On Very Hard, the hardest parts for me were levels 1, 2, and 14. The dynamite is a real pain in those trenches. O'Donnell on level 13 is the toughest duel, in my opinion. Mendoza and Barnesby aren't as twitchy before the bell rings. Level 12 is challenging because of the stingy checkpoints. The online multiplayer takes awhile, unless you boost.

Whoever said this is a difficulty level 4 must play a lot more FPS than me, because I had flashbacks of COD W@W a few times.

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/po/e/poetic_justice_/card.png

Edited by poetic_justice_

I'm really close to the platinum and I voted 6.

The Gold Rush took only 2 days worth of solid boosting and the campaign on very hard really isn't too bad. All you need to do is play it as Ray and be patient with the AI.

Some parts are frustrating but nothing compared to other extreme difficulties in other titles.

• 2 weeks later...
I gave CoJ a 5. You can attain platinum within a week easily. I have one or two gripes about the MP aspect of the game though. I played many a game with my clan mates and whilst our bounty was regularly over 1k because we were making plenty of kills, our wallets were not as large as the opposition. I had one match were my bounty was $2870 and my wallet was about $15k yet the highest opposition bounty was $200 and their wallet was $30k. It seems you are rewarded for being crap and I disagree with that. Also if you are scoping with the sniper rifle and a teammate is in front of you, everything is out of focus except for your teammate which causes unnecessary problems.

Your wallet was smaller most likely resulting from spending money on the temporary upgrades.

The first 2 levels and the last checkpoint on very hard were brutal. The rest on hard/very hard were manageable if you're patient and quick enough.

Besides that D-day was the biggest pain in the ass.

Gold Rush was *just right* by the time I was bored with playing online I was at the million dollar point.

7/10 overall mainly because of a few very hard parts, last few duels, and D-day.

Great game, one of my favorite this year.