Ridiculous Grenades

I am currently at the 2nd set of flaks on Heart of the Reich, and I have lost all interest and enjoyment from the game now. The grenades have gotten to a ridiculous level. On all the levels I have already done I could feel my enjoyment levels just ebbing away because of this now I have lost all interest in trying to finish the last level and a half.

If I sat and practiced I could do this one with a bit of hard work, but I actually just don't want to any more. It took me over a year to pick this back up the first time I lost interest because of the monumental pain in the *** this is, and I doubt I am the only one.

Anyone else lost interest because of just how ridiculous the grenade spamming is?

it really hurts my feelings that despite having the platinums in the rest of the CoD games i feel the exact same way about WaW. i havent even gotten quite as far as you and i really want to just pull a pin out of my controller and throw it at my screen in protest. i try from time to time to pick it back up and finish my platinum but the gayness of the grenades just drives me to go buy a new game to play every time (which may not be a bad thing lol). i recently did the Hard Core achievement for dead space 2 and even after dying and losing 2 1/2 hours of time more than once, i never got angry because it was my fault...not the fault of ridiculous mechanics,(though i was pretty disappointed in my skillz when i would die, but when i got that trophy done i felt a real sense of accomplishment, like killing sephiroth in KH). This may be the only game ever i have actually rage quit from.

Edited by domer420

The problem is, if u give up, hitler wins.

My problem was i kept making the same mistakes.

Take your time and dont give up. Getting up the stairs is goin to be rediculous. All i can suggest is kill the spawn guys enough times till u get their pattern. Always retreat to prone when spammed with grenades.

Just dont give up and never loose hope. Thats how we won the real war.

The problem is, if u give up, hitler wins.

My problem was i kept making the same mistakes.

Take your time and dont give up. Getting up the stairs is goin to be rediculous. All i can suggest is kill the spawn guys enough times till u get their pattern. Always retreat to prone when spammed with grenades.

Just dont give up and never loose hope. Thats how we won the real war.

That's the best way to put it really. I recently bought this game and I just cleared the blood and iron (tank level forgot the name) level. Note that I played all CoD titles with this being the last.

Up to now the CoD titles were tough and challenging but I still was able to get the plat for every one except MW of course. And I don't really mind the infinite spawns and crazy grenade throwing at all, without it I would probably just breeze through the levels.

Just see it from the positive side, it's challenging which makes it more fun for me. And regarding infinite grenades? Running away usually gets me pinned between 2 or 3 more and gets me killed sooo... Throw it back at them sons of bitches :-)

Lemons to lemonade!

Cheers! Heard a lot about heart of the Reich and can't wait to try it out.

done this now, and gone on and got the platinum. took me ages to learn the opposition patterns to destroy the second set of Flaks on HOTR, but once I got to the next checkpoint I cleared the level and the final level both rather easily.

that said, the grenades were still bloody ridiculous!

• 1 month later...

Lol yeah they were frustrating, I would always go prone to heal & have a grenade thrown at me, forcing me to come out of cover when nearly dead :S

Ah, didn't realise this is an old thread. >.>

Edited by TomW344

• 2 weeks later...

I have less of a problem with the grenade spam (currently on Torch and Corkscrew which is bad enough for its own reasons) than I do with my damn teammates getting in my way when I'm trying to run away from the grenades to go heal up. It seemed like in Black Ops your buddies weren't so stubborn and would get out of your way easily. I remember getting annoyed at times in MW2, but even it wasn't as bad as W@W.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree HOTR was insane 2 months worth. I lost part of my insanity. I set my death limit to 5 after that I'd get so mad I'd shut my PS3 off. Ironically the last level ''Downfall'' was 100% easier then Heart of the Reich.

W@W is my proudest platnium thus far. Probably will be until I plat

Bad Company 2 or GTA IV ;)

Edited by Deadsea17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you've got to have some serious reflexes for waw. On other cods all you needed was a bit of time and precision. The trick to waw is to keep moving and dont take cover in places where its easy to get stuck. Heart of the reich is especially difficult because you've got to keep moving and shoot the large amount of enemies around you. I actually gave up on this game and put it down for a year after finishing the american mission with the machine gun bunkers because i was so burnt out on it. I then picked it back up again while i was waiting for my net to be connected and finsihed it on veteran. IMO, heart of the reich isnt the hardest part. Theres a small part after heart of the reich which i was stopped at because youre constantly being fired on and theres no cover anywhere, in the end i had to sprint for cover and got through on pure luck.

get behind cover and then strafe left and right while constantly going prone and standing back up. you dont get many grenades when the enemies think your moving and in this game you have health regen so if you get shot then just stay prone behind cover till u heal then repeat.

I beat this game on vetern, then sold it becuase of the "sum of all zeros trophy"

Im an idiot.

Edited by JRU-headshot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I agree HOTR was insane 2 months worth. I lost part of my insanity. I set my death limit to 5 after that I'd get so mad I'd shut my PS3 off. Ironically the last level ''Downfall'' was 100% easier then Heart of the Reich.

W@W is my proudest platnium thus far. Probably will be until I plat

Bad Company 2 or GTA IV ;)

I still think it will be your proudest as far as difficulty goes bcos them 2 are just a grind, I have all 3 plats and WaW is my proudest I think and while it was difficult for me, veteran only took me a few days, more frustrating wit the grenades really

If anyone does spot this post, i thought i would give a quick bit of advice on how i beat HoTR a while back. I tried it an incredible amount of times. Just kept on getting overun and would eventually get hit by a grenade. I then spotted a guide which showed a completey different approach.

Play as if you're on a crazy time limit. Like, less than a minute for the checkpoint. Just sprint towards everything and push the enemies back. That house in the middle is the vital one, once you get in there enemies stop rushing past it and you've effectively pushed the enemy back. It will be stressful, but you each attempt will either last 5 seconds and result in you dying, or 20 seconds and result in you completing it. The enemies don't expect you to rambo your way through, and you just have to hope you get lucky, running through gunfire and grenades. As soon as they get a position on you, they will make your life hell.

Also, something i've noticed. The more you shoot, the more of a priority target you become. If you hide in cover and pop up without shooting at all, the enemy dont seem as rushed to kill you. As soon as you start wiping them out it's like they have a personal vendetta against you and all gang up on you and you alone lol :pout:

I have to agree that raising the flag at the end of your veteran run feels pretty damn good, lol. I know there are harder shooters out there, but to date, this one was the hardest for me, and definitely the hardest of the COD series. It felt really good to hear that platinum pop up though...and my controller even survived, lol.

HOTR requires both patience and aggression to get through it...there are several vids on youtube that can help you find a 'safer' route...but it's not easy no matter how you try it...you've got to have some skill. :)

Really? This is the hardest shooter I have heard about. Maybe Killzone 2 on Elite? All I have ever heard is that this is the hardest shooter out there... It's pretty damn hard that's for sure, I'd hate to see an even harder one. :eek:

I think Killzone 2 is just as hard as WAW, but just try to complete Medal of Honor Frontline on hard mode :) it is just insane.

Yeah, I'm not a Killzone fan really, but I've heard part 2 was really tough...I played enough of it though to know I wasn't going to suffer through an Elite run. Sections of SOCOM on Elite are pretty hard too, but it wasn't anywhere close to the frustrations that this game caused me.

It's a great game other than veteran mode...but it pissed me off enough that I vowed to never play it again when that Platinum finally popped after a month of constant work, lol...and I haven't. :)