Hardest level on Veteran...

wazza1974

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a lot of hate for Heart of the Reich, I see. That was the most fun level out of the bunch, in my opinion, and weaving in and out of the rubble was a blast (and no, that's not a grenade spam joke). I was so happy about all the little "tricks" I found out on my own to prod my teammates to push forward, and, aside from the obvious grenades that ruins the hard difficulty mode's enjoyment factor, it was a very well done level with a lot of ways to approach it. Like a huge puzzle; I had a ton of fun figuring out connecting all the dots.

Burn'em Out and Blowtorch are my top choices, as I felt they were needlessly frustrating because of just piss poor co-op AI that did virtually nothing but sit bunched up in a cluster around areas that I had already cleared. The last mortar pit in the former was, easily, the most obnoxious part of the entire game. It got a little more enjoyable after that. I'm also stuck on Downfall right now, but I'm going to venture a guess that the very beginning is the only truly difficult part of this level.

Nothing is very difficult, so much as it is extremely frustrating because of the grenades.

Actually, up until the point he says "Come with me!", you could sit up in one of the houses, picking off foes of your choosing from time to time, and let all your friends do the work. By the time it reaches the point you have to push up the stairs, the opposition should be pretty much gone, with the exception of the flame thrower man. The moment you see the pillar fall, run back down the stairs, and wait for the flame thrower guy to do his thing. Snipe him, and then mission over.

Actually, up until the point he says "Come with me!", you could sit up in one of the houses, picking off foes of your choosing from time to time, and let all your friends do the work. By the time it reaches the point you have to push up the stairs, the opposition should be pretty much gone, with the exception of the flame thrower man. The moment you see the pillar fall, run back down the stairs, and wait for the flame thrower guy to do his thing. Snipe him, and then mission over.

After some trys i found this method as well... the building would protect you from all the nades and every couple of minutes one might land at your feet... it was always a nice feeling to send it back :cool:

I found Blowtorch and Corkscrew the hardest... man that one made me mad! :mad:

I'd done (Veteran) 'Heart of the Reich' on Xbox for my mate and did it after a bit of a struggle... I realise it's no different, but I just cannot bloody do it on the PS3, that's why i'd put 'Breaking Point'. I really struggled with that level, but assumed I'd again be ok on 'Heart of the Reich'. But I am so crap this time (a year since) and cannot even get 2 guns destroyed... I'll persevere but am getting pissed off, must have heard "for mother Russia" :mad: a million times.

So, I have to change my opinion to the gool ol' Heart Of The Reich'.

I'm only halfway through Veteran, but so far:

Relentless with the flame tank

Hard Landing - the end with the AA gun and destroying the tank. The second I got in it I was almost dead. I had to move a tiny bit, jump out quick and repeat. :wall:

Dreading Blowtorch and Corkscrew and Heart of Reich.

I think Vet is very challenging and fun....up until I started Heart of the Reich.....no this game just pisses me off. I can't even get the checkpoint by blowing up the second gun which really pisses me off since I have to start over and make my way back to the 88's. Up until that point the level was pretty easy.

I said screw it after playing it probably 50-60 times and am now going back to get all the left over trophies here and there. I do'nt even care that it overwrote my saved game for HOTR......:mad:

I think Vet is very challenging and fun....up until I started Heart of the Reich.....no this game just pisses me off. I can't even get the checkpoint by blowing up the second gun which really pisses me off since I have to start over and make my way back to the 88's. Up until that point the level was pretty easy.

I said screw it after playing it probably 50-60 times and am now going back to get all the left over trophies here and there. I do'nt even care that it overwrote my saved game for HOTR......:mad:

Stick with it mate, like I said, I could not get that checkpoint (I did'nt even know about it for ages), but keep trying, I honestly must have spent 4-5 hours just trying to do this before I knew about the checkpoint.

Try doing all the other levels on Vet first then go back to this, I thought that I'd never be able to get this plat, but it is do-able and you can do it. ;)

i'd say burn em out, the third bunker kept messing me up

Yeah - the amount of times I tried that. One time I got all the way to the end, only to be killed by people in the last mortar pit.

Another time, a random enemy appeared on the slope where your team mates respawn and killed me.

:wall:

So glad I've done that one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

almost everyone says that HOTR is the hardest huh ?

im getting a little nervous, so far im at the 12th level on veteran and so far the game isnt troubling me that much but i could imagine HOTR would fuck me up big times but i will soon know, until now relentless is the hardest on veteran

EDIT: now i have beat veteran and i will say that relentless is still the hardest mission imo, man i thought HOTR was gonna be very challenging but no', it was alot easier then i thought so really didnt find that level that hard and to be honest i even thought eviction was harder

Edited by carlito