Rate the trophy difficulty.  

1,143 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_8.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.82

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Platinum difficulty summary:

mycuccismells said:

This game is all about skill, and therefore the length of play will vary drastically from player to player. There are no trophies that require you to "grind it out", and with enough skill any trophy can be had in under an hour. There are about 16 trophies that will give you trouble in this game. 15 of these come in the way of bronze trophies that you get for beating each mission on veteran. Some of these can be beaten fairly easy for some, but some of them will really test your skills and patience. The trickier levels include Heart of the Reich, Downfall, Relentless, Blowtorch and Corkscrew, and Eviction. What makes veteran so hard is all of the random grenades, increased enemy accuracy, and increased damage from enemy bullets. Outside of beating the game on veteran there is one other hard trophy, and that is Sum of all Zeros. There are plenty of videos and tips in the various threads that make this easier, but it can still prove tough for many.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to give an 8 also. I would've done a 10 but I'm throwing in some consideration for people who have the platinum. Figured it can't be a 10 if there are SOME who have it. I've managed to beat about 8 stages on veteran and I don't know if I'm going to get any more. I haven't given up but it's gonna take some time.

I gave it an 8 as well only because it was the hardest platinum I have gotten thus far. When I look back it wasnt all that hard, some parts were just frustrating. Overall it probably only took me around 20-25 hours but a few of those did a number on my stress level. Some parts take a little while to recognize the patterns and how to counter them, but dont give up. Focus a few hours a day for a few days and you should beat veteran no problem.

Edit: This is a good idea too i think there should be one of these stickied at the top of every game's forum. Someone could come in once a week or so and edit it with average as well. This would allow someone to quickly come in and view what people think of the difficulty as a group, how many voted for each, and some analysis in peoples' comments.

Edited by mycuccismells

Whoever gave this a '1' is representing the problem with this whole system.

I've been on other sites where they vote on how difficult trophies are and it often either turns into a load of people just messing around, or a big cock waving contest. You'll see people put '1' for Wipeout because they got the platinum and want to prove they are an uber-gamer.

Hopefully it wont be too bad on this site, but it might be wise to come up with some ideas to stop stupid voting.

Trouble is, its not easy.

There is no way to stop something like that from happening. Also, people that dont see the show results option just press a random radial button and vote so they can see the results ( even if they dont have the platinum). However, when you look at results like this is it pretty easy to draw a conclusion from it. Over half of the people voted 8 and 23/24 voted between 5 and 9. You can easily see that this game is not easy and would be ranked around an 8. Also if you find the average it comes out to 7.375, so that 1 doesnt really affect the overall average. Basically, it is better to look at the mean and the mode rather than the range. And the comments are a good way to get a better feel for what people think of the game.

Edited by mycuccismells

I agree, but all Im saying though is that in the future it could turn out to be a bit of a problem.

On another site I saw COD WAW and Skate rated at 2/3 out of ten for months just because a load of idiots kept voting wrong.

You looked at the forum underneath and it was just full of people going on about how good they were and if anyone put more than 3 they were a 'noob'.

It seems to be working pretty well here at the moment, but Im just saying that it can go wrong from time to time.

I gave this game a rating of 7. The veteran trophies are pretty challenging and will surely raise your frustration level, but you do eventually get them and most likely in under 30 hours gameplay. There are other games which are much longer and more frustrating than this one.

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/ab/u/Abuebao/card.png

Edited by Abuebao

I did the same thing by playing once on hardened and then jumping into veteran. I didnt find it too bad though for the most part. Like everyone else says you have to keep moving. Get cover and pop out to clear your way and move forward at your first chance. Through a little trial and error you can find the places where you have to hang back and clear the area better, but it shouldnt be too hard. Try finding a guide they will probably be able to give you a better feel for the strategy. Shouldnt take you more than an hour a level aside from maybe 2 or 3

Maybe I'm just too cautious on veteran but it's taking me WAY longer to beat it. I noticed some of those youtube vids people just storm through the stage. I don't really do that because I'm not fully aware of where all the enemies are. I played all the stages on regular once then jumped right into veteran.

It's not you, in Veteran one MUST be extremely cautious, know where he's going and pray no enemy throws a grenade in a wrong place and time. The videos on YouTube are surely in an easy difficulty, if you play like that in Veteran your remains will be scattered out of the solar system in less than a second.

Got this game this week, almost halfway through. This Veteran mode is a nightmare, extremely difficult.

My first platinum trophy, but it was definitely difficult. Felt very rewarding to play through on veteran though, because you get a trophy for every level :)

I found that the hardest trophy to get was the 45 zeroes trophy, took me many tries to get that one. The hardest level on veteran, in my opinion, was the one right after rings of steel (the tank one - can't remember the name, or if that's the name of the tank driving level, lol), grenades were just coming out of EVERYWHERE. The beginning section and the end section were very tough.

Veteran is challenging, but doable. If you get really frustrated, just quit for the night, or a few hours, then go back to it. I did that when I was extremely frustrated, and then I wouldn't have too much trouble the folling day I played. It helps to cool off and go back once you're calm again.

45 zeroes was challenging too, but with practice and reading online to see how much you should save at before each checkpoint, it is doable too.

I wish this game had more online trophies. Like one for reaching rank 65 or somthing so it drove me to play online more.

Completed all achievements/trophies on the 360 in 3 days...completed them in 18 hours on ps3.......uve just gt to know wen to use your smoke grenades...and know where the checkpoints are. paying attention to where your enemies are will pay off andbeing tactically minded in this game will pay off.....i gave it a 3, easiest cod ever. great game though. this is my only plat so far...only had ps3 for like 3 weeks so moving p quickly

Edited by BaiLz_GaNgSTaR
adding info

Completed all achievements/trophies on the 360 in 3 days...completed them in 18 hours on ps3.......uve just gt to know wen to use your smoke grenades...and know where the checkpoints are. paying attention to where your enemies are will pay off andbeing tactically minded in this game will pay off.....i gave it a 3, easiest cod ever. great game though. this is my only plat so far...only had ps3 for like 3 weeks so moving p quickly

You spent 3 days playing it on the 360 and beat it, so you get your experience, come over to the ps3 and say you beat it in 18 hours and that makes it an easy game? The checkpoints are very random if I might add. I don't really like your vote dude, sorry. Sounds like BS to me.

You've got to put it in relation to other games.

Even if you did find it easy, at least compare it to Avatar on the 360. You cant mark it only possibly two points ahead of it.

Compared to other games like Sega Megadrive Collection and James Bond QOS on PS3, this is rock hard. Try and think about that and compare it to them.

9, cant get past the sniper in the mission 4, annoying as hell. Also a good tip for Blue Ribbon, try to get a mission you are familiar with and also dont aim. I didnt aim but just kept shooting in the area where the enemies were, you get x2 kills or even more. Veteran is being an ass to me, but apart from that its fairly average.

i gave it a 4 wasnt too challenging the online acheivements were real easy. The veteran missions were mixed some were really easy and other took me an hour too beat but only 1 level took me that long. Sum of all zeros wasnt really that hard i thought, just put up brightness to make them easier to see and put your sensitivity up to high so you can get alot of em. Gameplay was very good online is some of the best i played overall great game just not too hard to get trophies