Call of Duty: World at War - Trophy Guide

000.jpg  Platinum (P)

Awarded when all other trophies have been unlocked.

Description says it all, you got all trophies, well done.

001.jpg  Get Your Hands Dirty (B)

Complete 'Semper Fi' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Story-related, cannot be missed. Refer to Bearing the Burden for veteran tips.

002.jpg  Bloody Peleliu (B)

Complete 'Little Resistance' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

003.jpg  The Sword Is Broken (B)

Complete 'Hard Landing' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

004.jpg  Architect (B)

Complete 'Vendetta' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

005.jpg  The Hammer Strikes (B)

Complete 'Their Land, Their Blood' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

006.jpg  Scorched Earth (B)

Complete 'Burn 'em Out' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

007.jpg  Fearless (B)

Complete 'Relentless' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

008.jpg  Hell on Wheels (B)

Complete 'Blood and Iron' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

009.jpg  No Return (B)

Complete 'Ring of Steel' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

010.jpg  When it Rains, It Pours (B)

Complete 'Eviction' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

011.jpg  One Bad Gato (B)

Complete 'Blackcats' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

012.jpg  Blowtorch and Corkscrew (B)

Complete 'Blowtorch and Corkscrew' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

013.jpg  The Sun Sets (B)

Complete 'Breaking Point' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

014.jpg  For the Motherland (B)

Complete 'Heart of the Reich' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

015.jpg  Bearing the Burden (B)

Complete 'Downfall' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

If you played the game in order on Veteran, then this is the last mission.

***Veteran Tips***

1. Cover is your God in this game, use it to its maximum. Veteran requires you to be good at covering yourself. Remember, you can get killed by three shots anywhere. Most of the cover you find is simply not suited to you standing up, so press :r3: when at cover, it also makes you a smaller target. Sometimes prone can help a lot, even though you are on the ground you may be able to see your enemy.

2. The most common problem is grenades. Watch your grenade indicator at all times. In Veteran, enemies spam grenades like crazy and with pinpoint accuracy; so you sometimes get the feeling that it's impossible. The best way to avoid grenades is to throw them straight back if you can, if you can't though simply run into the nearest cover or at least get out of the grenades range, but watch for enemies shooting. You don't want to run into their bullets now, do ya?

3. Checkpoints, these damn things are ill-placed and so random. If you played through on a lower difficulty, try to remember where you got your last checkpoint on whatever mission you are doing. Try thinking about how you got to it and you might have a useful tactic.

4. Patience is the key on Veteran; if you don't have it then simply don't play Veteran. The grenades and endless enemies may make you want to go all Rambo-esque and run out, but you'll die more than likely within a second or two, so watch out.

5. Your teammates, they are a godsend at times and incredibly stupid at others. They are helpful, so use them closely. You have to push yourself into the enemies to get your teammates to move up, unless you want them to stand there shooting the sky? They are also handy for ammo if you need it, simply kill one of the privates by 'accident' and retrieve his ammo, but don't kill anyone past the rank of private, or else it will restart from the last checkpoint.

6. Smoke grenades are key to getting along in the American missions, they really do help a lot. So if you have them, use them to distract enemy MG nests or even to hide the enemies view so you can kill them.

022.jpg  Saved Private Ryan (B)

Save the soldier before he burns to death.

This trophy is unlocked in the first mission, Sempre Fi. After crossing the bridge or making your way around from the right, at the start of the mission (after the release), you will have to go up a platform/runway. Pvt. Ryan goes ahead first. As he goes past the door on the right a flaming Jap bursts out - at this point you should kill the Jap before Ryan dies.

023.jpg  Weapon of Mass Destruction (B)

Radio in a naval bombardment that kills at least 4 Japanese soldiers.

Found on the second mission, Little Resistance. You acquire the use of an air strike, you can use this by pressing :right: on the d-pad. Simply kill four enemies with one strike and trophy unlocked. The easiest part for this however, is at the very end, when you have to call in a strike on the two tanks. Instead of targeting the tanks, target the bunker below instead, this should get you the trophy as there are plenty of Japs in the bunker.

026.jpg  Lights Out! (B)

In 'Black Cats', blast out all of the spot lights in the Japanese cargo convoy. (Solo only)

The eleventh mission, Black Cats, is where this trophy is found. At the start of this mission you have to intercept a Japanese shipping convoy. You should notice two large spotlights on either end of these three ships. Try shoot to them immediately with either bullets or rockets. You'll know you have broken them when they explode and go out. You get another chance to take them out when your plane glides over the ships, going from one end to another. A video of it should help, so here it is.

027.jpg  Rough Economy (B)

Kill 3 enemies with a single round.

This can be gotten in any mission, as long as you're a good enough shot. The easiest mission to do it in, however, is Vendetta, right at the start. A video is included to help.

Another way to get it is in Nazi Zombies, simply line three zombies up and hope you kill three with one shot, use a PTRS-41 or magnum if you're unsure.

028.jpg  Guardian Angel (B)

In the final battle for Okinawa, save Sergeant Roebuck.

This trophy is found in Breaking Point, the thirteenth mission. As you make your way out of the castle and into the courtyard, a cut scene triggers and you can't use your weapon. Sgt. Roebuck is the guy on the right making his way to the Japs that seem to be surrendering. The Japs are suicide bombers though, so when they scream and you get your gun back, shoot the two guys that attack Roebuck and *bing* trophy.

029.jpg  Close Shave (B)

Survive a banzai attack. (Solo only)

This one is fairly simple, and can be found in any American mission. Banzai attackers are Japs that come running at you screaming...wait for it...Banzaiiiiiii (who knew). Allow one to push you down, as soon as you see the sign to get him off, hit :r3: and you stab him in the neck.

Edited by Viper
Moved the Platinum to its proper place.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

030.jpg  Snake in the Grass (B)

Take out a Japanese soldier lying in wait in the grass.

Again, this trophy can be done in almost all American missions. A 'snake in the grass' is a Jap lying there waiting for you, but hidden in the grass, most likely a banzai. Simply throw a grenade into any tall grass you see, theres a chance there's a Jap lying in wait. An easy part to do this is on Little Resistance, the second mission. Right at the start, after you clear out the two MG nests with your air strikes you have to make your way down a little path; there will be a tree in among some tall grass, lob a grenade in the grass, and one or two should die. A video to help those unclear of it:

040.jpg  Shot in the Dark (B)

Kill 10 enemies while the lights are out in the subway in 'Eviction'.

This trophy is a royal pain in the ass - well, for me it was. At the end of the mission Eviction, you have to make your way through an underground metro tunnel. At random intervals, I think, the lights malfunction and go off. At this point Sgt. Reznov tells you to watch out for Germans. While the lights are out try and shoot as many Germans as possible, even though you only need ten. A video yet again:

042.jpg  Blue Ribbon (B)

Complete a 4-player Competitive Co-Op match in 1st place. (Online co-op Only)

For this trophy you need to go into a 4-player COMPETITIVE match. You need to get the HIGHEST score in the match. For co-op partners, visit this thread: Trophy Boosting Partner Thread

043.jpg  Get Your Left Foot Wet (B)

Complete a match in Campaign Co-Op mode. (Online co-op only)

Simply play a campaign co-op session to completion, and this trophy pops up. For a partner, visit this thread: Trophy Boosting Partner Thread

044.jpg  Get Your Right Foot Wet (B)

Complete a match in Competitive Co-Op mode. (Online co-op only)

Same as above except play a competitive session. For a partner, visit this thread: Trophy Boosting Partner Thread

016.jpg  Carlson's Raiders (S)

Complete 'Semper Fi' on any difficulty. (Solo only)

Finish Sempre Fi on any difficulty.

017.jpg  Stormed Peleliu (S)

Establish a beachhead at Peleliu Island on any difficulty. (Solo only)

Finish all missions up until, and including, Relentless.

018.jpg  The Last Stand (S)

Survive the conflict in Okinawa on any difficulty. (Solo only)

Finish all missions up until, and including, Breaking Point.

019.jpg  Stabbed in the Heart (S)

Complete all missions on the Eastern Front on any difficulty. (Solo only)

Finish all missions up until, and including, Downfall.

024.jpg  The Professional (S)

Shoot all of Amsel's henchmen, including their attack dog, without reloading. (Solo only)

At the start of the mission Vendetta, Reznov hands you his sniper rifle and tells you to take out the guards and their dog, but can you do it without reloading? The key is to shoot two sets of soldiers with one bullet, another two with two bullets, wait until the dog jumps you, then knife it and shoot the remaining soldier with your last bullet. A video for this troublesome trophy:

025.jpg  Gunslinger (S)

Assassinate General Amsel with a pistol shot. (Solo only)

The hardest trophy in my opinion, but it can be done. I'm not even gonna try to explain this one, so a video should suffice. To get a pistol first, after you take out Amsels men and Reznov brings you into the bar, make your way up the stairs and in the room where you face off against the sniper, you should see a desk with a pistol on it. Pick it up, waste all the ammo, then it should reload with 80 rounds in it, a nice glitch.

033.jpg  Throw a Six and a Half (S)

On Hardened or Veteran difficulty, complete a level without dying. (Solo only)

As the description suggests, you need to finish a mission on Hardened or Veteran without dying once. Hard... or so it sounds. *NOTE* - You can use grenades and your knife. If you play and finish the game on Veteran you will be more than ready to get this done. Simply start up Sempre Fi and try your hardest to not die, or any mission you are good at. Easy missions for this are Blood And Iron and Black Cats. Refer to Bearing the Burden for Veteran tips also.

035.jpg  Firestarter (S)

Complete a level using only the flamethrower. Melee, grenades & explosives are OK.

As the description says, finish a mission using only a regulation M2 (flamethrower to me 'n you), grenades and melee. Can only be done on Burn Em Out, or if you want to risk it, try Hard Landing, but it takes a while to get the flamethrower.

036.jpg  Kamikaze (S)

Complete a level on Regular difficulty or higher using only melee or grenades. (Solo only)

Sempre Fi on regular, pretty much run up to an enemy and knife them, or grenades, do not shoot a single bullet or else you lose this chance at the trophy.

037.jpg  Iron Fist (S)

Destroy all towers and bunkers in 'Blood and Iron'.

*I took this from the x360a achievement guide for this game, so credit goes to Eternal*

On 'Blood and Iron', there are bunkers and towers scattered around the level. This should be done on Recruit. Using your tank, clear out every enemy soldier and tank to make your task easier. Now search around the entire level for towers and bunkers to destroy. Note that water towers also count. You should slowly go through every single area on the mission to make sure you have not missed any. Here is a step by step guide on how to get the achievement:

Towers:

1. Red water tower just after you turn the first corner.

2. Red water tower directly behind the first water tower.

3. To the left of the far-left artillery gun.

4. To the right of the far-right artillery gun, in between the two bunkers.

5. Behind the right bunker.

6. To the far right, you will see it to the left of a tank sitting on the hill.

7. Before you turn right to destroy the Radio Tower you will see some Russian soldiers running across a field, look into the distance and you will see a red water tower.

8. To the left of the Radio Tower.

9. To the right of the Radio Tower.

10. Behind the left side of the big bunker.

11. To the east of the big bunker.

12. As you come over the hill you will see it to the left of the trenches with a tank in the middle.

13. To the right of the previously mentioned tank.

14. As the planes fly over they destroy this one but just check they do.

15. The furthest right you can go, north on your compass, next to some concrete blocks.

16. Follow the concrete blocks down to the left, you should see it as you drive into the train station.

Bunkers:

1. To the right of the far-right artillery gun.

2. To the right of Tower #4.

3. As you turn right in to the field with the Radio Tower look to the left a little bit, there is a bunker slightly hidden in the trees. You will see rockets fly at you from the bunker.

4. You can't miss it as you come up the hill. There are two parts to it, left and right, make sure you destroy both!

Thanks to Cookieboy for the guide on GameSpot.

Edited by Viper
Revision

031.jpg  Grave Robber (S)

Collect all Death Cards in the game. (Solo only)

This description is annoying as you can get the death cards in co-op if you like. A video of all death cards in the game for help.

038.jpg  Ruthless (B)

Kill 15 enemies while mounted on a tank in 'Ring of Steel'.

When you jump down from the building at the end of Ring of Steel, you are met with several tanks, hop onto the back of one of them and you get placed onto the turret. Shoot and kill 15 enemies, easier said than done, so put your sensitivity to LOW and it should be easier.

032.jpg  No Safe Place (B)

Burn an enemy out of a tree with the flamethrower in 'Hard Landing'.

In the mission 'Hard Landing' (Who would have thought?) you get an M2 Flamethrower. As you get it you go through a field, in this field you should see 3 threes all beside each other, run to the nearest one and blast it with fire, a man should fall out scorched. Easy trophy. A video though, in case:

039.jpg  Mortar-dom (B)

Kill 8 Japanese with thrown mortars in 'Breaking Point.

In the mission 'Breaking Point' you will come to a point where you have to use hand-held mortars, simply kill 8 enemies with them. A video for those unsure.

041.jpg  Sum of All Zeros (S)

Down 45 Japanese Zeros in 'Black Cats'. (Solo only)

For this trophy you have to shoot down 45 enemy zeros (the Jap planes). The planes literally only need to be hit once or twice for them to crash, you dont have to make them explode. A good tip is to turn your sensitivity to LOW. You don't need to save any survivors and take out any PT boats as quick as you can or when no zeros are flying around.

034.jpg  Purple Heart (B)

When staring into the face of adversity, show courage and persevere.

On Veteran, die 20 times, simply done by running into enemies and letting them kill you.

020.jpg  Hardened War Hero (G)

Complete the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Finish up to, and including, Downfall on Hardened or Veteran. Also refer to Bearing the Burden for veteran tips. Congratulations on finishing on Hardened/Veteran.

This trophy is glitched and this is what legndorock has to say about it:

"To unlock Hardened War Hero you must have beaten the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty. Be aware though that even if you've completed the game on Veteran and even have all the trophies to prove it there must be a Hardened or Veteran level skull under the level when you go into the mission select screen. A glitch occurs that erases all of your story progress when you do things like buy the map packs for the game. If this has happened to you just go back and complete the levels on Hardened difficulty to get this trophy. the levels will seem almost too easy compared to Veteran so don't worry about it".

021.jpg  War Hero (G)

Complete the game on any difficulty. (Solo only)

Finish up to, and including, Downfall on any difficulty. Well done for finishing CoD: WaW.

Edited by Viper
Moved the Platinum to its proper place.

hey dude i think i wrote sumwer dat i was sorry for not asking your permission, i jus sorta went ahead and done it lol and if there is anything you want to add ill credit you? sorry again and thanks lol, i didnt mean to disrespect you or your guide, just pointing out things, my opinion not others.

hey dude i think i wrote sumwer dat i was sorry for not asking your permission, i jus sorta went ahead and done it lol and if there is anything you want to add ill credit you? sorry again and thanks lol, i didnt mean to disrespect you or your guide, just pointing out things, my opinion not others.

This is what you said

Also, im sorry about not getting permission from the other guide creator but honestly, his guide was a little basic, so nothing i wont cover.

• 3 weeks later...

The sum of all zeros trophy wasn't really that hard for me. On my first try i got about 30 and on my second about 38. Then on my third i got 48 lol. I didn't put my sensitivity to low but it still worked for me. I just knew what to do, where the planes are coming from, not to save any survivors, and when the first wave comes, I got like 20 already so i just had to get 25 when the jet goes in the water so it was pretty easy also the grenade launcher in the front turret helped a bit by getting me about 3-4 zeros [R2 button].

I think the guide is missing the purple heart trophy.

Its awarded if you die a lot on a mission (around 21 times i think...)

i got it on vendetta but its available on every mission.

I'd just put the difficulty to veteran and run into the enemys all the time.

The weirdest thing just happened. I thought skipping some veteran levels and play the bad cats mission to try and get the six and a half trophy along with the veteran bronz. When you land I missed the 3rd or 4th batch of PT boats and died...Oh well I said let's finish the level...and when I finished it..POP, six and a half was awarded to me :| Not that it was bad hahaha...