Teammates are bastards

Yokel

Just completed my Veteran run, and I must say that I am actually more annoyed by my teammates than by the grenade-circus in this game. I haven't read about this yet so I was wondering if anyone else had the same issues with this while playing COD w@w.

The things is: Quite often when I found myself in good cover, my teammates would blindly follow after me and:

1. Give away my location to the enemies

2. Draw in all the incoming fire and grenades towards me

3. BASH me out of my cover totally exposed to get insta-shot :wtf:

4. Stand on top of me when I prone behind cover, resulting me in being stuck

5. Stand right next to me with their big butts, so i'm cornered and can't flee grenades

6. Stand right behind me blocking my butt, while i'm in a trench trying to back the hell out there because crazy Japs are rushing in or grenades are pouring down from sky

This was the most annoying about this game. Also all levels require your team to get triggered into advancing 10m forward in the level before you can advance past a difficult spot yourself, because when your team moves then suddenly all the enemy-spawning stops or all the mysterious gunfire suddenly stops.

Not sure if I like to have a team with me or play Solo, as in the old-skool fp-shooters :rolleyes:

Edited by Yokel

• 3 months later...

I just beat Black Ops vet and the AI in that game were HORRIBLE as well. On more than one occasion I had spent like 30 minutes on one section and then follow one of my NPC friends, suddenly an enemy comes out the door, shoots at, and kills me. This is frustrating not only because it's unrealistic, the enemy would shoot the closer threat which is the NPC, but my friendly NPC also does NOTHING to stop him. The only NPC AI that is even close to being competent in the game is Reznov and he's just your imaginary friend.

I got so mad at the NPCs I didn't even care when I accidentally killed a few. In hind sight, I probably should have tried to shoot them up even more. I was actually glad when some of the characters ended up dying, serves them right for being so incompetent (this sounds cold, but when you die right before a checkpoint after spending 30 min on a single section due to their incompetence, you REALLY lose patience fast).

Infinity Ward never had these kinds of problems. This just goes to show you that Treyarch is a second-rate game developer.