Call of Duty: World at War - Road Map

Dagger

14837954348_e8a51fc6cd_o.png

Credit to Ryukori for the banner.

I decided to make this because it will help out what you need to do and give people a brief summary of what they should do in order to get the platinum in the quickest means possible

Overview

-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 7.48/10

-Number of trophies: 45

-Number of offline trophies: 41

-Number of online trophies: 3

-Approx time to platinum: 15-25 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2

-Glitched trophies: None

-Number of missable trophies: Mission Specific trophies can be attained through Mission Select

-Do cheat codes disable trophies: No Cheats

-Does difficulty affect trophies: Yes

Introduction

This roadmap is made to help you get the easiest way through the game to get the platinum. Call of Duty World At War is a hard platinum so you may want to read this.

Walkthrough (2 Playthroughs Needed)

This is the runthrough that I decided to opt for because this way it is easier on the Veteran run as you have only the missions to worry about and not the specific task trophies or collectables. I was never really that good at COD:MW mostly played online but this one had trophies so i did the campaign this time.

STEP 1:

The first playthrough of this game should be played on regular. This way Veteran difficulty will feel like less of a daunting task and will make the second playthrough more easier when it comes around to it. Within the missions you should look out for mission trophies in which you have to perform a specific task within that mission. Also look out for collectables.

STEP 2:

This playthrough has to be played on veteran so that you can get all of the veteran trophies. You can go into the mission select area and choose the difficulty so you dont want to start a new campaign. This playthrough will be longer than the last even though all you have to do on this one is get through the mission. The missions will take time to get through and you have to be more tactical so don't run in all guns blazing. If you are struggling, just go on Youtube and type in Call of Duty WaW Veteran Walkthrough, but be warned that some people are actually playing on Hardened so be careful on that one.

STEP 3:

Go online and earn the 3 co-op trophies. This aren't that difficult except for 'Blue Ribbon'. On that trophy I found it easier to not aim and shoot blindly at groups of enemies. You could also boost this trophy by going to the Boosting Thread.

Co-op Partners Thread (Read First Post!) - PlaystationTrophies.org

Note: If you are so fustrated with a mission come back to it later. Chill out, fustration means that you will lose your concentration and just get more angered. I got stuck and needed to take a break many times, just come back to it later.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced broken banner.

• 1 month later...
Yeah...

Also i think guides like this take the fun out of games... turn them into work...

Well no, i finished the game on veteran well before any guide came out and i done it my own way, not by using a few words on a page, so how does it take the fun out?

This is more like advice really.. I did it with no guide and got my plat.. but trust me.. your playing skills will be a worlds amount of difference if you finish Veteran the legit way..

Right after campain mode I went to multiplayer and with all that grenade spam and crazy shooting your skills will make you do well in deathmatches/team deathmatches.

This is more like advice really.. I did it with no guide and got my plat.. but trust me.. your playing skills will be a worlds amount of difference if you finish Veteran the legit way..

Right after campain mode I went to multiplayer and with all that grenade spam and crazy shooting your skills will make you do well in deathmatches/team deathmatches.

Exactly, nice guide for me. Advice is all that it is. 25 is more than possible and some people can complete it in one weekend

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Dutchie2k7

If you're good you can complete them in one go, like me

Originally Posted by Dutchie2k7 View Post

If you suck at life you can complete them in one go, like me

Yeah...

Also i think guides like this take the fun out of games... turn them into work...

I hate when people pull that "People who collect trophies dont have a life" shit. What the fuck? We are on a trophy site and ppl cant show of thier trophies without getting the _no life_ card. Get the hell out of here!

Edited by Sabbae

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Yeah...

WTF,y are you moaning about someone just trying to help us get trophies! your such a twat,it would be a different story if you needed help and there wasnt any, so just think about that in future,+ it doesnt take the fun out of games,it actually makes them more fun e.g if i was failing so badly and i looked at the guide and i completed the game with a guide it would be fun knowing that theres a reward at the end of it XD

just sticking up for the person who made the guide. if anyone wants to message me your welcome (georget1996) dont try and add me, i have a full friends list so just send a message and i will add u

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanna get the platinum for this game, but I'm afraid that people will call me a trophy whore for playing it "just to get the platinum". I genuinely like the game, but since everybody plays Black Ops, I'm pretty sure I'll receive a substantial amount of abuse from my PSN friends. :(

Edited by flipster53

I wanna get the platinum for this game, but I'm afraid that people will call me a trophy whore for playing it "just to get the platinum". I genuinely like the game, but since everybody plays Black Ops, I'm pretty sure I'll receive a substantial amount of abuse from my PSN friends. :(

I know where you're coming from. Don't worry; you are just playing an old game. Also, this game is no breeze in terms of trophies.