Is call of duty elite really worth buying?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me personally, its defiantly worth it. I buy all the map packs for each COD game anyways, so I will be saving about $15-$20 on the mw3 maps because I purchased ELiTE.

As for the ELiTE website and console app, yeah its got a few bugs but I don't really care about that because I rarely ever go on there anyways.

and heres the MW3 ELiTE content drop calendar for PS3 (total of 22 DLCs):

http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar

Edited by pennywise247

For me personally, its defiantly worth it. I buy all the map packs for each COD game anyways, so I will be saving about $15-$20 on the mw3 maps because I purchased ELiTE.

As for the ELiTE website and console app, yeah its got a few bugs but I don't really care about that because I rarely ever go on there anyways.

Content Calendar

Thank you for that info. I'm going to get it today

It's worth it if you'd usually buy the map packs, with COD ELITE you get them free and it works out cheaper in the long run.

Other than that, it's not really worth it.

Not even that. I've checked it and I saw there will be only 12 multiplayer maps added. Think that will be split into 3 map packs of €15 euro's, maybe even cheaper since the other CoD DLC's were €15 for 5 maps I believe. So if you're only interested in the multiplayer maps and not added Spec Ops and Clan Ops you would save €5 without elite.

Short answer: No. Don't bother spending $50 to be a beta tester. You can buy all the maps in map packs separately so you can pick and choose.

Are you 100% on that :think:? Last I checked, for non-elite subscribers the DLCs will be bundled together. You wont be able to purchase the new maps/spec ops missions individually.

Short answer: No. Don't bother spending $50 to be a beta tester. You can buy all the maps in map packs separately so you can pick and choose.

I don't want a specific map I want all the maps lol. I play spec ops also so your saying if I do want all the maps then it is worth it right?

Are you 100% on that :think:? Last I checked, for non-elite subscribers the DLCs will be bundled together. You wont be able to purchase the new maps/spec ops missions individually.

Yea ur right there not individual maps there all together .

Not even that. I've checked it and I saw there will be only 12 multiplayer maps added. Think that will be split into 3 map packs of €15 euro's, maybe even cheaper since the other CoD DLC's were €15 for 5 maps I believe. So if you're only interested in the multiplayer maps and not added Spec Ops and Clan Ops you would save €5 without elite.

& yea I want all the maps because I play spec ops also. & I heard it saves money paying 50$ once when you get maps free for a year ..

Here's a question for you guys:

If I were to buy Elite, I know I get the map packs for free. All of the MW3 packs anyways. Since Black Ops 2 will be releasing this November, do I get the DLC maps for that game too if they are released within the year that I have the Elite subscription?

Here's a question for you guys:

If I were to buy Elite, I know I get the map packs for free. All of the MW3 packs anyways. Since Black Ops 2 will be releasing this November, do I get the DLC maps for that game too if they are released within the year that I have the Elite subscription?

No because it's two different games. If you get elite premium for mw3 it can only be used for mw3 not black ops 2

Content Calendar

I said individual map packs i.e. get map pack one but don't get map pack 2

No because it's two different games. If you get elite premium for mw3 it can only be used for mw3 not black ops 2

Elite Premium is a subscription service. I don't think it's limited to just one game otherwise we wouldn't be able to see our Black Ops player card on the Elite site. I really don't think its an MW3 exclusive thing

That's exactly what I was thinking. It probably will be applicable to whatever new Call of Duty game comes out

I forget where, but on some sort of FAQ or Q&A on Elite's site I read that COD Elite subscription will (as of right now) only give you access to MW3 DLC. I would assume if you got a subscription now, and some DLC for the next COD game was released before it expired that you would have access to that as well, but I'm not sure if you would have access to MW3 DLC if you bought the subscription AFTER the next COD game is released. Either way, that doesn't really help anyone looking to buy now.

If I get Elite premium, is it for all my accounts?

Because I don't want to spend it for 1 account only.

The subscription is only to one account, but you can access the DLC on any of your PS3's accounts. It's like a magazine subscription - the magazines you get are addressed to one name, but anyone in your house can read them.

i got the prestige edition when the game came out that included elite.

I played it for a month and bought BF3 and havent been back on it since.

Really the only good thing is you get all of the new dlc included with it so that pays for itself i guess.