XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
madridboy86

Send a message via MSN to madridboy86 Send a message via Yahoo to madridboy86 Send a message via Skype™ to madridboy86
Default Is my K/D good or bad?

I've always wanted to know if my K/D is good or bad for someone who has autism, short sighted in one eye, slower reaction time to the rest of you guys and partly brain damaged (not fully)

it's currently at 0.95 maybe I'm just down luck or just being a complete fluke tbh with ya what do you guys think?, could I do better or should I be happy with what I have got as a K/D

madridboy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
A_Rabid_Pigeon

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   2,500 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Rockets Must Have Died
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

You've got a better K/d than most people without any disabilities. You've got to remember that K/D is just a number though. It's doesn't matter. Have fun!

Playfire | PSN Profiles | Sig created by RED_REBEL44 | ↑ Bryci
A_Rabid_Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Harry94_
Events Director

Send a message via Skype™ to Harry94_

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARabidPigeon View Post
You've got a better K/d than most people without any disabilities. You've got to remember that K/D is just a number though. It's doesn't matter. Have fun!
This.

I have a friend who's is 0.64 and he plays MW3 24/7. It's not a bad K/D.

Sig and Avatar by RED_REBEL44

Harry94_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
madridboy86

Send a message via MSN to madridboy86 Send a message via Yahoo to madridboy86 Send a message via Skype™ to madridboy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARabidPigeon View Post
that's very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry94 View Post
This.

I have a friend who's is 0.64 and he plays MW3 24/7. It's not a bad K/D.
true, but sometime I feel I could do better, but as ARabidPigeon says it's only a number and shouldn't be taking serious

Last edited by Johnny Bananas; 02-25-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: merge, please use the EDIT button instead of double posting
Old 02-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Mann0802

I'd say that's a bit above average. I'd say maybe around .8 is about average from all the players I've seen. K/D only really matters in TDM otherwise it's much more important to play the objective.

Signature by ESYLD
Mann0802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
Bounty V

Send a message via Skype™ to Bounty V

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Word of Mouth - Silver   10,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Moderator   Bronze Submission   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann0802 View Post
I'd say that's a bit above average. I'd say maybe around .8 is about average from all the players I've seen. K/D only really matters in TDM otherwise it's much more important to play the objective.
Yeah I agree. K/D ratio really only matters for TDM - other game types it's better to play the objective.

AMAZING avatar & signature by DaFaztFingaz!
Site Rules|*Read Before Posting*|Spoiler Tags|PS3T Clan Central|Cycleholics Anonymous|About Me (UPDATED!)
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Bounty V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
madridboy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann0802 View Post
agree aswell 100% the win is more important than a K/D

Old 02-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
mmike

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I think all these stats ruined most of the fun things people do. I like looking at all those stats and numbers but I don't judge people's skill or my own skill from them. I played the first CoD on PC competitive on a high level and most of the best players had a bad score pretty much every time in public games because they didn't care about their stats. I probably had a negative KDR in that game because of all the stupid things we did and was still one of the best in that game.

We did things like pretending to be afk. People would see you standing still in spawn and think: I'm going to bash him (in the first CoD you would hit people with your gun in stead of kniving, called bashing). Most times at the end of the round in S&D people look at the spawn point to see if there are AFK people. You would see them coming to you and just before they wanted to bash you'd start shooting. Sometimes you'd get three before being shot. I think now most people would shoot right away if they see someone standing still because they don't want to die trying or want to get the kill before others get it. And I'd probably get hate mail from my team :P

TLDR version: Play for fun, don't think about your stats. Games are made for entertainment.
mmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
HoNda

It's actually a good KDR since you've got disabilities.

Better than most.
HoNda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #10
chrisheadshot

Send a message via MSN to chrisheadshot Send a message via Skype™ to chrisheadshot

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Gold   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Bronzer Than Nothing   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Thats about average if not better than average seeing as the average kill death would be 1 not taking into account suicides. Im not too fussed about my stats seeing as shotguns which are the funnest weapons (IMO), absolutely destroy my KD.
chrisheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote