XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
durden2391

Default First COD game - Camping question

This is my first COD:MW game and I am really enjoying it. I actually didn't think I would like the Online portion, but I'm loving it. I have been getting better as my weapons/perks improve and I learn the maps.

My question is, why do so many players hate camping? Depending on the map and/or situation, I will do this. I don't do it exclusively, and as I have gotten better, I am moving around a lot more, but I don't see what the big deal is. I don't get pissed off when someone kills me while they are camping.

Also, what else are you supposed to do if you have a sniper rifle?

Just wondering.
durden2391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
Wronator

Actually the problem in almost every CoD MP is that people with sniper rifles are in fact very mobile lol They are quick scoping, doing 360 spin kills and other crazy shit. Campers are usually using shotguns or assault rifles/smgs... Also don't confuse holding a position with camping in a corner, these are two different things. Holding position is ok, sitting in a corner is not.
Wronator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Bounty V

Send a message via Skype™ to Bounty V

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Word of Mouth - Silver   10,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Moderator   Bronze Submission   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

I think the main reason players get pissed is because it seems like a cheap way to play. All you have to do is sit around and wait for players to come, and on the off set if you're moving around trying to find people it can be increasingly frustrating to be killed by that guy in the corner.

AMAZING avatar & signature by DaFaztFingaz!
Site Rules|*Read Before Posting*|Spoiler Tags|PS3T Clan Central|Cycleholics Anonymous|About Me (UPDATED!)
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Bounty V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Harry94_
Events Director

Send a message via Skype™ to Harry94_

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)

I camp with a sniper, but not in corners. I dont like corner campers as you cant kill them without flashbangs etc.

I only use snipers, I set up in one place then move around and set up again. I still get greif though such as "HARRY YOU HARD SCOPING NOOB!", "HARRY'S REALLY PISSING ME OFF NOW".

Sig and Avatar by RED_REBEL44

Harry94_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
durden2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wronator View Post
Actually the problem in almost every CoD MP is that people with sniper rifles are in fact very mobile lol They are quick scoping, doing 360 spin kills and other crazy shit. Campers are usually using shotguns or assault rifles/smgs... Also don't confuse holding a position with camping in a corner, these are two different things. Holding position is ok, sitting in a corner is not.

What's the difference? The one place I do this the most is on the Dome map. I set up between one of the Humvees and the fence. I set a bouncing betty in the path behind me to catch people. Then I have a line of sight down the path and around the tank.

Is this holding a position or camping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry94 View Post
I camp with a sniper, but not in corners. I dont like corner campers as you cant kill them without flashbangs etc.

I only use snipers, I set up in one place then move around and set up again. I still get greif though such as "HARRY YOU HARD SCOPING NOOB!", "HARRY'S REALLY PISSING ME OFF NOW".

What is Hard Scoping?

Last edited by Rawra; 01-05-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Merged; Please use the edit button.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
Harry94_
Events Director

Send a message via Skype™ to Harry94_

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durden2391 View Post
What is Hard Scoping?
Holding the scope up like snipers are designed to do. Lots of people dont like this.

Sig and Avatar by RED_REBEL44

Harry94_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
durden2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry94 View Post
Holding the scope up like snipers are designed to do. Lots of people dont like this.

So people don't like it when you actually use the scope on a sniper rifle? That doesn't make any sense. The scope is there for a reason. I don't use the sniper rifles because I'm not good with them, but when I do, I always aim through the scope.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
deadface

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
What's the difference? The one place I do this the most is on the Dome map. I set up between one of the Humvees and the fence. I set a bouncing betty in the path behind me to catch people. Then I have a line of sight down the path and around the tank.

Is this holding a position or camping?
Well... really I'd say it's a bit camping but not that much. Depends on how much you stay there.

Quote:
So people don't like it when you actually use the scope on a sniper rifle? That doesn't make any sense. The scope is there for a reason. I don't use the sniper rifles because I'm not good with them, but when I do, I always aim through the scope.
Harry wasn't that accurate on this. Lot's of KIDS don't like this. They believe that since you are using a sniper, you have to do 360 shots.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
Jungalist

Send a message via Skype™ to Jungalist

Awards Showcase Call of Duty 4 Birthday   SOTM Winner
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

For me I think CoD is just getting worse by new releases. I mean I loved CoD: WaW, this game made me buy my own PS3 and sit endless hours playing it. now a days I think A CoD game is overrun by killstreaks and stupid perks. that my issue with the games. I'll still play WaW when I round my bro's as I still think that it's by far the best CoD game ever. I think there less campers on there also.

But camping can be different issues, you get those that snipe which I say is fine. Those defend target or defend a placement. Then you get those that too scared to battle sit in corners with shotguns waiting for their prey to wonder by.

I say let 'em play the way they wanna play. I always score more and kill more then these guys/girls. So my opinion is it more the killstreaks that ruin it then the campers tbh.

"We begin dying from the moment we are born. There is no escaping this truth!"
Jungalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
null45

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Totally OT...but I love your sig Jungalist.