First COD game - Camping question

This is my first COD:MW game and I am really enjoying it. I actually didn't think I would like the Online portion, but I'm loving it. I have been getting better as my weapons/perks improve and I learn the maps.

My question is, why do so many players hate camping? Depending on the map and/or situation, I will do this. I don't do it exclusively, and as I have gotten better, I am moving around a lot more, but I don't see what the big deal is. I don't get pissed off when someone kills me while they are camping.

Also, what else are you supposed to do if you have a sniper rifle?

Just wondering.

Actually the problem in almost every CoD MP is that people with sniper rifles are in fact very mobile lol They are quick scoping, doing 360 spin kills and other crazy shit. Campers are usually using shotguns or assault rifles/smgs... Also don't confuse holding a position with camping in a corner, these are two different things. Holding position is ok, sitting in a corner is not.

I think the main reason players get pissed is because it seems like a cheap way to play. All you have to do is sit around and wait for players to come, and on the off set if you're moving around trying to find people it can be increasingly frustrating to be killed by that guy in the corner.

I camp with a sniper, but not in corners. I dont like corner campers as you cant kill them without flashbangs etc.

I only use snipers, I set up in one place then move around and set up again. I still get greif though such as "HARRY YOU HARD SCOPING NOOB!", "HARRY'S REALLY PISSING ME OFF NOW".

Actually the problem in almost every CoD MP is that people with sniper rifles are in fact very mobile lol They are quick scoping, doing 360 spin kills and other crazy shit. Campers are usually using shotguns or assault rifles/smgs... Also don't confuse holding a position with camping in a corner, these are two different things. Holding position is ok, sitting in a corner is not.

What's the difference? The one place I do this the most is on the Dome map. I set up between one of the Humvees and the fence. I set a bouncing betty in the path behind me to catch people. Then I have a line of sight down the path and around the tank.

Is this holding a position or camping?

I camp with a sniper, but not in corners. I dont like corner campers as you cant kill them without flashbangs etc.

I only use snipers, I set up in one place then move around and set up again. I still get greif though such as "HARRY YOU HARD SCOPING NOOB!", "HARRY'S REALLY PISSING ME OFF NOW".

What is Hard Scoping?

Edited by Rawra
Merged; Please use the edit button.

Holding the scope up like snipers are designed to do. Lots of people dont like this.

So people don't like it when you actually use the scope on a sniper rifle? That doesn't make any sense. The scope is there for a reason. I don't use the sniper rifles because I'm not good with them, but when I do, I always aim through the scope.

What's the difference? The one place I do this the most is on the Dome map. I set up between one of the Humvees and the fence. I set a bouncing betty in the path behind me to catch people. Then I have a line of sight down the path and around the tank.

Is this holding a position or camping?

Well... really I'd say it's a bit camping but not that much. Depends on how much you stay there.

So people don't like it when you actually use the scope on a sniper rifle? That doesn't make any sense. The scope is there for a reason. I don't use the sniper rifles because I'm not good with them, but when I do, I always aim through the scope.

Harry wasn't that accurate on this. Lot's of KIDS don't like this. They believe that since you are using a sniper, you have to do 360 shots.

For me I think CoD is just getting worse by new releases. I mean I loved CoD: WaW, this game made me buy my own PS3 and sit endless hours playing it. now a days I think A CoD game is overrun by killstreaks and stupid perks. that my issue with the games. I'll still play WaW when I round my bro's as I still think that it's by far the best CoD game ever. I think there less campers on there also.

But camping can be different issues, you get those that snipe which I say is fine. Those defend target or defend a placement. Then you get those that too scared to battle sit in corners with shotguns waiting for their prey to wonder by.

I say let 'em play the way they wanna play. I always score more and kill more then these guys/girls. So my opinion is it more the killstreaks that ruin it then the campers tbh.

Best way to flush campers is the M320 GLM. Works like a charm and if you've played it long enough, you know the typical camp spots.

If you're camping in Kill Confirmed, then it means you're a coward. The objective is to collect tags after a kill. That is all.

My opinion camping is nothing bad there always would be campers no matter which shooter youre playing people can b*Tch about it lots but i think the most people who cry about it is the one's that keeps trying to kill the camper and they just get their @sses whoops honestly it sux when they come with im defending not camping :rolleyes: i got killed by campers but im not that silly to keep trying theyre 5 more players to kill that's the way I Own :p

This is why camping pisses me off, and for clarification, i'm talking about those who go, say, 5-X. Not really going to help their team to win (tdm here) with only 5 kills, but here I am with a 7 kill streak, and I'm looking for number 8 to unleash hell. I run into a room and get popped in the back with a ghost/silenced/corner camper. Now I could have had my Killstreak but I get popped by a coward who had 5 kills all game, and one of those kills, ruined my KS's. That's when I get mad. If you are holding a position, as said above, that's nowhere near as bad as someone who sits in a corner and just hopes someone will run by. That = no skill. And mighty boring if I had to guess.

Ahhhh another camping thread. Well, heres the thing. I dont like Team Deathmatch, never did. When I do play i usually go run and gun and do OK, not ever good or great but OK. But I play to have fun and to me sitting in a corner WAITING for a foe to run past so I can shoot him is not very fun and yes it is cheap. Now, my favorite gametype, Domination is an example where you dont camp you ambush and HOLD a position. There is no camping. If i want to setup behind a post or a mound or whatever, I KNOW and YOU KNOW you're going to try and cap that objective, and I am going to try and stop you. Or I will setup near the paths that I believe the enemy is going to come thru to get to whatever Objective. This is why I feel that games like Domination are so much more fast paced and fun. If you're new to COD, try it out.

i love camping! People like me care about winning and kills.:applause:

If you cared about winning and kills you probably wouldn't camp... Firstly if your camping your not helping your team, therefore your team is one man down in a way, Secondly you get far more kills if you don't camp (if your not a terrible player...), you will see far more enemies.

You should change your post to:

"I love camping! People like me care about not dying.:applause:"

Edited by Lukezordz

If you cared about winning and kills you probably wouldn't camp... Firstly if your camping your not helping your team, therefore your team is one man down in a way, Secondly you get far more kills if you don't camp (if your not a terrible player...), you will see far more enemies.

You should change your post to:

"I love camping! People like me care about not dying.:applause:"

I go for high killstreaks noob. I do whatever it takes to get them, usually means camping:dance:

I get about 25 kills per game.