Official MW3 Questions/Help Thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a problem that, after the update, special ops keeps on crashing on me. I get a disc read error message and have to load my profile again. It sometimes even completely stops anything and I have to force my ps3 to shutdown and retry... I haven't played a single match after the update... Anybody know what I can do about it, or where to rapport this?

How do people quickscope? I was in a match and got quickscoped probably 6 times by one guy and every single time I watched that killcam and can't figure out how the heck people do it.

It's really easy to do, I'm pretty good at it and I never do it. Here's how:

1. Equip a sniper

2. Have QuickDraw perk on

3. Right now you need to zoom in and as soon as you see the sniper scope crosshair, shoot

That's it :)

I'll try and find a tutorial for you and edit it in here :)

EDIT:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATouealpxtI&feature=youtube_gdata_player]How To Quick-Scope in Modern Warfare 3 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Guide/Tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Harry94_

It's really easy to do, I'm pretty good at it and I never do it. Here's how:

1. Equip a sniper

2. Have QuickDraw perk on

3. Right now you need to zoom in and as soon as you see the sniper scope crosshair, shoot

That's it :)

I'll try and find a tutorial for you and edit it in here :)

That, and adjusting your sensitivity can also help. Some of my QS friends play on 10 :o

I have a problem that, after the update, special ops keeps on crashing on me. I get a disc read error message and have to load my profile again. It sometimes even completely stops anything and I have to force my ps3 to shutdown and retry... I haven't played a single match after the update... Anybody know what I can do about it, or where to rapport this?

You can try going into your system and deleting the last update

///

I have not had this problem and I don't know if anyone else has, it could also be that your disc is scratched or even your internet connection at home.

I play the entire game on 10 sensitivity ;)

I can't seem to play very well without 10

so wat does the sensitivity do exactly??? i tried to QS and failed miserably....im actually waiting to unlock that RASAS or watever it is to give QS a go...just to see wat the big hype is

Another killstreak question, but its nothing to do with support...

OK, so if I go on a a 8 killstreak get my predator and attack heli then die. If I then call those guys in and they get 8 kills between them, will I get another set of killstreaks even though I havn't fired a bullet?

its helpful to stay in the general area where the air support box is located and run circles around your enemies as to group them all together so that they chase you....focus on taking down the helicopter that follows you first, mainly with a couple magazines from your assault rifle...

OK, so if I go on a a 8 killstreak get my predator and attack heli then die. If I then call those guys in and they get 8 kills between them, will I get another set of killstreaks even though I havn't fired a bullet?

I don't believe so. But i can attempt to test this later on and report back. I know that my sentry gun today did not help me get any further killstreaks after i died...so i am unsure about the helicopter method.

Edited by Johnny Bananas
merge; please use the edit button instead of double posting

No, that will not work.

Sensitivity will increase your movement speed in all directions. You need less movement in a certain area to move.

Does anyone have any videos/tips for solo lvl 15 survival mode on tier 3 and 4? I keep getting pummeled on that!

so all sensitivity does is make u run faster??? how does that pertain to QS'ing???

sensitivity has nothing to do with QS'ing. sensitivity changes how fast your hand movements are on your tv screen. Like if you were to change to a 10 rating, it would make you turn around much faster than if you were on a 5 rating. test it out for yourself in the next game you play and see if you like it better or worse...

add me and I'll show you: skatinghamstar

Sensitivity will allow you to turn left to right.. You won't run faster, change to secondary or primary faster you won't crouch faster. You'll just do it a bit easier.

I suggest trying your sensitivity out on private matches because online could get tricky fast.

You can try going into your system and deleting the last update

///

I have not had this problem and I don't know if anyone else has, it could also be that your disc is scratched or even your internet connection at home.

I did that, but it didn't work unfortunately, because it will not let me play online without downloading this patch.

Anyway, I looked around on google and found lots of similar cases with the Xbox, so I tried to clean my disc... which suprisingly worked fine... My internet is ok, nothing wrong with other games. Still can't believe it was really that easy to solve... stupid me. I am getting old I guess... :think:

I did that, but it didn't work unfortunately, because it will not let me play online without downloading this patch.

Anyway, I looked around on google and found lots of similar cases with the Xbox, so I tried to clean my disc... which suprisingly worked fine... My internet is ok, nothing wrong with other games. Still can't believe it was really that easy to solve... stupid me. I am getting old I guess... :think:

Nah programmers are just creating pointless features etc that make it even more difficult to play games than it needs to be.

So I currently have 2 Prestige tokens and have not purchased anything. My question is apart from the 2x xp for score/weapons, can any of the rewards be purchased/applied multiple times? I understand unlocking a piece of equipment has it unlocked permanently, could I unlock multiple pieces of equipment?

So I currently have 2 Prestige tokens and have not purchased anything. My question is apart from the 2x xp for score/weapons, can any of the rewards be purchased/applied multiple times? I understand unlocking a piece of equipment has it unlocked permanently, could I unlock multiple pieces of equipment?

yes you can. you can use any unlocked item when you get a token