Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #1
D3r3ckJ3t3r
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Official MW3 Bitching Thread

This is the thread to bitch all you want about the game Modern Warfare 3.
D3r3ckJ3t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:16 AM   #2
AndrosX

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

NAT problems
I have open NAT on FIFA, AC beta etc, I don't understand why cod and only cod has this issues.

Also, in the MP section you get a msg like this "go to www.infinityward.com/nat to open your NAT".
I thought wow, they probably have a list of all the ports I have to forward.. well this is all you get

Quote:
Log into your router and turn on UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), most routers have this option in the Administration tab.

The goal is to have an OPEN NAT in order to host Spec Ops games and get a wider selection of MP matches to join.

Also ensure that under your security options that Anonymous NAT Redirection is allowed and is not filtered. This may also be referred to as 'Filter InternetNAT Redirection' - in which case you want this disabled.

For more information on enabling UPnP on your router, visit your router manufacturer's website.
Well obviously UPnP is enabled on both my router and my PS3, yet I still get NAT type: Strict.

This means I can't invite my friends and the only workaround I found is to "join" them when they are into a lobby with some empty slots - and then of course it's not guaranteed we'll be in the same lobby.
AndrosX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #3
BloodyFistHole

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrosX View Post
NAT problems
I have open NAT on FIFA, AC beta etc, I don't understand why cod and only cod has this issues.

Also, in the MP section you get a msg like this "go to www.infinityward.com/nat to open your NAT".
I thought wow, they probably have a list of all the ports I have to forward.. well this is all you get

Well obviously UPnP is enabled on both my router and my PS3, yet I still get NAT type: Strict.

This means I can't invite my friends and the only workaround I found is to "join" them when they are into a lobby with some empty slots - and then of course it's not guaranteed we'll be in the same lobby.
I recently figured out how to get NAT Type: Open for when I'm playing Black Ops, and it's a complete misery. I had far more success getting into games on moderate... played a couple of hours ago and couldn't find a single match on TDM. When I do get into a match, I've got a miserable connection. BTW, I just played COD4 online to get my NAT Type to open; you can open it up with MW2 as well (though don't know if it works for MW3).

So far, my only complaint is not having it yet. Going to get it a little later today.
BloodyFistHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #4
Phisix

I have one complaint: That I don't have it. Not excited or interested in it then I was with MW1 and 2. That could change once I play it though.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:22 AM   #5
Shadowrider50
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze

No emblem editor
Shadowrider50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 AM   #6
chrisheadshot

Send a message via MSN to chrisheadshot Send a message via Skype™ to chrisheadshot

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Gold   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Bronzer Than Nothing   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

- Maps are too small
- Spawns are all over the place (at least in domination)
- Assault rifles appear to be too overpowered with most being able to outclass an MP5 and UMP at close range even when rapid fire is on.
- Sentry gun has next to no power, it must be doing 10 points of damage per bullet, needs a buff when compared to every other killstreak which can take you down in 2 bullets (even the attack chopper).
Other than that though i've had no problems
chrisheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
mattybell2117

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze

-The online is the exact same as mw2 except it feels less fluent (the movement seems more choppy)
-Couldn't join with my friend
-Kicked 9 times before I found a game
-Shooting someone from a distance takes too many bullets. I mean yes, maybe a bullet or two extra if you're across the map but I mean like it takes like 2-3 G36C bullets to kill someone inside 10m but once you hit like 30m, it takes up to like 5-6. Too big of a difference imo. Last time I checked bullets travel quite fast and a 20m distance shouldn't warrant an extra 3 shots.

I just hope the SP makes the game worth the money. I haven't felt this ripped off by something that's been hyped up so much in a long time. Maybe it's because I've spoiled myself by playing BF3....

That's my opinion, take it or leave it. I've played cods 4-8 now and I still think W@W was the best.

My First Guide: MX vs ATV Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Last edited by Johnny Bananas; 11-08-2011 at 08:24 AM.
mattybell2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
golfdude2

Awards Showcase Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Currently my only thing to bitch about is that i don't get the game till the weekend. I'll edit back when i find something more substantial to bitch about.

Signature by BFenris
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Johnny Bananas; 11-08-2011 at 08:24 AM.
golfdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #9
Harry94_
Events Director

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Blackout   Staff - Events Director   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)

My only problem is veteran on SP, it's not even hard and I can do missions without even being killed.

My only problem at the moment is my router which recently died. Could any anybody help?

If I try to connect it goes straight to a page that says 'Host could not be reached' with the URL I'm trying to connect to. The page also has the BT logo on it (My ISP), does the same on PS3...
Harry94_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
Cookieflux

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I've had Strict NAT from day one of having a PS3. It's my ISP I think. I've tired all kinds of things to change it but it doesn't work.

Am I right in thinking you can't join anybody in a party if you have Strict? Cause that's never been the case on the others. You're just limited to who you can join..

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Cookieflux is offline   Reply With Quote