Official MW3 Bitching Thread

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NAT problems :(

I have open NAT on FIFA, AC beta etc, I don't understand why cod and only cod has this issues.

Also, in the MP section you get a msg like this "go to http://www.infinityward.com/nat to open your NAT".

I thought wow, they probably have a list of all the ports I have to forward.. well this is all you get

Log into your router and turn on UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), most routers have this option in the Administration tab.

The goal is to have an OPEN NAT in order to host Spec Ops games and get a wider selection of MP matches to join.

Also ensure that under your security options that Anonymous NAT Redirection is allowed and is not filtered. This may also be referred to as 'Filter InternetNAT Redirection' - in which case you want this disabled.

For more information on enabling UPnP on your router, visit your router manufacturer's website.

Well obviously UPnP is enabled on both my router and my PS3, yet I still get NAT type: Strict.

This means I can't invite my friends and the only workaround I found is to "join" them when they are into a lobby with some empty slots - and then of course it's not guaranteed we'll be in the same lobby.

NAT problems :(

I have open NAT on FIFA, AC beta etc, I don't understand why cod and only cod has this issues.

Also, in the MP section you get a msg like this "go to http://www.infinityward.com/nat to open your NAT".

I thought wow, they probably have a list of all the ports I have to forward.. well this is all you get

Well obviously UPnP is enabled on both my router and my PS3, yet I still get NAT type: Strict.

This means I can't invite my friends and the only workaround I found is to "join" them when they are into a lobby with some empty slots - and then of course it's not guaranteed we'll be in the same lobby.

I recently figured out how to get NAT Type: Open for when I'm playing Black Ops, and it's a complete misery. I had far more success getting into games on moderate... played a couple of hours ago and couldn't find a single match on TDM. When I do get into a match, I've got a miserable connection. :( BTW, I just played COD4 online to get my NAT Type to open; you can open it up with MW2 as well (though don't know if it works for MW3).

So far, my only complaint is not having it yet. Going to get it a little later today.

- Maps are too small

- Spawns are all over the place (at least in domination)

- Assault rifles appear to be too overpowered with most being able to outclass an MP5 and UMP at close range even when rapid fire is on.

- Sentry gun has next to no power, it must be doing 10 points of damage per bullet, needs a buff when compared to every other killstreak which can take you down in 2 bullets (even the attack chopper).

Other than that though i've had no problems

-The online is the exact same as mw2 except it feels less fluent (the movement seems more choppy)

-Couldn't join with my friend

-Kicked 9 times before I found a game

-Shooting someone from a distance takes too many bullets. I mean yes, maybe a bullet or two extra if you're across the map but I mean like it takes like 2-3 G36C bullets to kill someone inside 10m but once you hit like 30m, it takes up to like 5-6. Too big of a difference imo. Last time I checked bullets travel quite fast and a 20m distance shouldn't warrant an extra 3 shots.

I just hope the SP makes the game worth the money. I haven't felt this ripped off by something that's been hyped up so much in a long time. Maybe it's because I've spoiled myself by playing BF3....

That's my opinion, take it or leave it. I've played cods 4-8 now and I still think W@W was the best.

Edited by Johnny Bananas

My only problem is veteran on SP, it's not even hard and I can do missions without even being killed.

My only problem at the moment is my router which recently died. Could any anybody help?

If I try to connect it goes straight to a page that says 'Host could not be reached' with the URL I'm trying to connect to. The page also has the BT logo on it (My ISP), does the same on PS3... :(

The last 2 weeks in CoD, and now in MOTW 3 i havent been able to play with my friends?

When we get in a group and join a game, it just tells me " game lobby closed ".

I has never done it before?

And I can go solo and play online if I want without having any problems.

Kinda weird, can anyone help me?

I've had Strict NAT from day one of having a PS3. It's my ISP I think. I've tired all kinds of things to change it but it doesn't work.

Am I right in thinking you can't join anybody in a party if you have Strict? Cause that's never been the case on the others. You're just limited to who you can join..

Yes, I only had strict NAT in black ops (It's fine in all other games).

I could join a few people but most the time I couldn't. Probaly the same in MW3

This is a small bitch about black ops and a question on MW3.

In black ops there was no marker(that I could find anyway), to tell you on what difficulty level you had completed a level on. Like say a little tick next to veteran or hardened when you had done it, I'm sure this was in the previous games. Quite annoying trying to figure out which ones I'd vetted!

Is there a marker or something in MW3?

Thanks in advance.

Ps, you lucky folks, I'm stuck on an oil rig till the 17th and won't get to play till then. Boo Hoo :mad:

This is a small bitch about black ops and a question on MW3.

In black ops there was no marker(that I could find anyway), to tell you on what difficulty level you had completed a level on. Like say a little tick next to veteran or hardened when you had done it, I'm sure this was in the previous games. Quite annoying trying to figure out which ones I'd vetted!

Is there a marker or something in MW3?

Thanks in advance.

Ps, you lucky folks, I'm stuck on an oil rig till the 17th and won't get to play till then. Boo Hoo :mad:

:nana:

Just kidding, that sucks man.

Yeah, I remember Black Ops didn't show the highest difficulty you completed each chapter. I had to replay a couple of missions because I wasn't sure if I had completed them on Veteran or not.

And yes, MW3 shows the highest level you've completed. ;)

No Emblem Editor, No Dolphin Dive.

The first thing I tried to do when I played was try and see if dolphin diving was back in the game. Threw me off that it wasn't. Kinda glad it isn't since 8 of 10 times I dolphin dived in BOs, I'd end up just flailing into the open instead of into cover. :p

I've had Strict NAT from day one of having a PS3. It's my ISP I think. I've tired all kinds of things to change it but it doesn't work.

Am I right in thinking you can't join anybody in a party if you have Strict? Cause that's never been the case on the others. You're just limited to who you can join..

You can join a friend only as long as he has open nat (moderate or strict won't do).

Now, I found a list of ports to open that enabled my friend to get his nat from moderate to open and I can join him.. however the same list of ports doesn't seem to affect my NAT at all.

I assume mine could be an ISP issue.

I open a thread with the proper port forwarding config in another thread, hope it helps someone.

The only actual PROBLEM I've encountered online is that I got to lvl 4 online, then I quit the game to edit my mic settings and then went back online I was lvl 1 again =/ I thought that was tres odd.

I do very much miss the diving animation, it was always great for getting over walls and through windows in a hurry lol.

I'm assuming that the network issues will get sorted out soon, there are ALWAYS issues when these games first start out, everyone should just chill and quit your whining =p

How the hell do you set your party privacy to open!

Have to send invites every time you want to start one.. can't join friends party

' this friends game or party is private, you can only join from an invitation'

arghhhh also mic/chat issues.

I don't get it both major FPS that have come out over the past month have had party/squad issues & terrible in game chat.

Edited by Millsey
I'm Don

I don't know if I've spent too much time with Battlefield 3's Frostbite 2 engine or not, but this game's visuals just look muddy and lifeless at times.

I agree. I didn't realize how bad the COD graphics actually are going from playing BF3 to MW.

I won't be playing MW3 much, i'm really good at COD and have a 4kdr but i'm just bored of it now.

I think i'll stick with BF3 for a while, it has alot more variety to it. I'll only play COD when my friends are wanting a game or two.