trophy issue

Skieb

i got this today 5 days early and ive been having trouble the game wont let me be connected to the psn unless i download a patch for the game and it also would not let me unlock trophies once downloaded, after i deleted it the trophies were unlockable...i re downloaded the patch and the trophies were unlocking just fine untill i left for a bit and came back to play now the trophies wont unlock again! any thoughts? also i was playing it on xbox already to and there was no horse shit trouble when being connected

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what you get for pirating, dirtbag!

PS3 tries to protect itself from these guys. Xbox is getting pwnt xD in the face!

How would he pirate it? lol. He would be one of the very few people who would know how on a PS3.

Xbox 360 users that get banned are only ones with downloaded leaked copies if you have a legit copy early there is NOTHING to worry about.

EVERY release for pretty much every game gets leaked early this is not the first or the last time but everyone always throws a big hissy fit when it happens.

well im not a dirtbag i hope or a pirate i think its the patch you have to download it just locks the game from installing the trophies at first and everytime i turn my ps3 off

in my first post i mentioned that i found a work around by just uninstalling the update and running the game without it which in turn does not allow you to connect to the psn thus removing online play...but when i reinstalled the update after the game was in the menu and the trophies were installed and i was able to unlock them just fine

back to that turning off thing, when i turn the ps3 on again and play the game as far as i know i have to uninstall the data again and redo it by manually signing in to the psn after i get to the main menu screen, i just think its IW or activisons witty way of "punishing" for lack of a better word, us for getting the game early, becuase itmakes it so you cant be on the psn showing off the game, unless your not a trophie whore and you dont care about single player in which case you would be none the wiser

but anyways i dont have a bootleg or anything its legit i think its just a little thing they put there as a kind of choice, get the game early dont unlock trophies but play online or get trophies but dont play online

If you download the patch which you get prompted for to do while online the trophies will be locked but you can play online, if you choose to decline to download the patch trophies are working just fine but you cant connect to PSN anymore while playing MW2!

Thats intended to be that way, either you play this game offline and earn your trophies that way untill its offically released or you download the patch and play multiplayer or even co-op, just that you cant get any trophies for it.

After its released you should be able to whatever you want online or offline, because thats when they patch it back to whats supposed to be like.

I dont know the exact reasons why they do such a thing with locking trophies untill street date, but thats how it is now and we have to deal with it.

-Hardknox

or you can do wha i did and it works online just fine and trophies are working when i play but its a rinse and repeat thing, i just like to be on the psn when i play not just for the messages everyone sends me saying im an ass, lol, i just like to see whos playing what seeing ass no one i know has this game yet so i go back to cod4 when the people i want to play with are on

Yes, i got the game yesterday and downloaded the patch and all the trophies are blocked, i guess they will release a new patch when the game is officially out and it will unlock them.

I will have to wait till 11-10 to play the single player..

Yes, i got the game yesterday and downloaded the patch and all the trophies are blocked, i guess they will release a new patch when the game is officially out and it will unlock them.

I will have to wait till 11-10 to play the single player..

Just delete the patch and you're ready to go.

I know for sure this was the issue for me with blocked trophies, because right

after I deleted the patch the trophies were shown in my trophy collection on

the XMB. This wasnt the case when I first started the game and downloaded

the patch right away.

What else you could try is delete the patch in your game data folder, start the

game, decline downloading the patch and wait untill you're in the main menu, then

quit the game, start it again and download the patch and see if trophies

are working, if not its definatly the same problem I had with mine.

Nothing serious tho, almost done on veteran and after that I'm ready to kick

some butt online. ;)

-Hardknox

@Hakooooom

Did you start the game the first time with the patch already installed?

Edited by Hardknox

Just delete the patch and you're ready to go.

I know for sure this was the issue for me with blocked trophies, because right

after I deleted the patch the trophies were shown in my trophy collection on

the XMB. This wasnt the case when I first started the game and downloaded

the patch right away.

What else you could try is delete the patch in your game data folder, start the

game, decline downloading the patch and wait untill you're in the main menu, then

quit the game, start it again and download the patch and see if trophies

are working, if not its definatly the same problem I had with mine.

Nothing serious tho, almost done on veteran and after that I'm ready to kick

some butt online. ;)

-Hardknox

@Hakooooom

Did you start the game the first time with the patch already installed?

yes i booted the game patched and played on normal...got trophies

Edited by Hakooooom

So just delete the Game Data and keep playing ? What about the Trophies i've missed Do i have to play them again to get the trophies ?

Yes, after you deleted your Game Data, not your saves, trophies are unlocked

and ready to get collected. No retroactive trophies though, which means the ones

you missed are not popping up, you have to replay the chapters again.

Which you most likely will do anyways, because the game's freakin' awesome. :D

Conclusion is as follows:

If you already installed the patch and dont get any trophies do the following:

• on the XMB go to Game -> Game Data Utility -> delete Modern Warfare 2
  • Start Modern Warfare 2
  • Decline the patch by hitting cancel (circle button)
  • Quit the game when in main menu
  • Start Modern Warfare 2 again
  • Download and install patch
  • unlock trophies! (while being online) :)

Hope that helps, if not feel free to write me a PM or message me on PSN,

so we can figure out a way to solve your trophy issue. ;)

-Hardknox

Edited by Hardknox

damn i'm pretty annoyed cos i have the same probleme with trophies, yesterday i was able to unlock SOME but not all and today u played some SPEC OPS and i have like 6 stars atm and the trophy for gettign 4 stars didn't unlock. So do i have to delete the game save and do it again in order to get the trophy? os i'd rather do itnow since i haven't played taht much yet than once i'm pretty far in the game.

P.D. It's just me or the Special Ops missions are a big pain int he a$$? That 69 stars in Special Ops Trophie will be very hard <_<....

~DE

Yeah, they're not as easy as they seem. It will take a while to get all the stars.

Playing with a friend offline or online gets it a little easier, but nevertheless its time consuming.

i cant get the pit boss tropy even though my final time is 27 secs. any help?

Are you playing it while in Story Mode or do you get this time in the Spec-Ops Mode?

Because you have to do this trophy in the story mode!

damn i'm pretty annoyed cos i have the same probleme with trophies, yesterday i was able to unlock SOME but not all and today u played some SPEC OPS and i have like 6 stars atm and the trophy for gettign 4 stars didn't unlock. So do i have to delete the game save and do it again in order to get the trophy? os i'd rather do itnow since i haven't played taht much yet than once i'm pretty far in the game.

Good question, in that case it seems you have to delete your save game in order to unlock the trophy

you just missed, because you only get the chance to get 4 stars in spec-ops once.

-Hardknox

Edited by Hardknox
Added another Quote.

Yeah, they're not as easy as they seem. It will take a while to get all the stars.

Playing with a friend offline or online gets it a little easier, but nevertheless its time consuming.

Are you playing it while in Story Mode or do you get this time in the Spec-Ops Mode?

Because you have to do this trophy in the story mode!

Good question, in that case it seems you have to delete your save game in order to unlock the trophy

you just missed, because you only get the chance to get 4 stars in spec-ops once.

-Hardknox

yah that's what i was thinking :(

thanks for answering fast mate

You're welcome!

But its nonetheless no guarantee that it will work.

It work'd well for me until I reached over 30 Stars in Spec-Op Mode and just than

realised that I didnt got any trophies for it. So what I did was I deleted the patch again

and played a few missions in Spec-Ops until I reached another goal for unlocking a trophy

and guess what? Now there were 4 trophies popping up immediately after the original

one I unlocked.

So there is without any doubt a problem with the patch that prevents you from getting

certain trophies, because some trophies unlock even with the installed patch.

I strongly recommend everyone hunting for trophies playing without the patch until

release day for Modern Warfare 2.

Another tip is backing up your save games right before you're about to get a trophy

in Spec-Op mode, because if you dont get it delete the patch, replace your save game

with the one you just backed up and try again without the patch.

Damn, that really sounds complicated. :D

-Hardknox

Just delete the patch and redo the mission via mission select and you're good to go.

Trophy should unlock after that. If you want to play online you have to have the patch

installed no matter what, but you'll be getting issues with unlocking further trophies.

-Hardknox