Veteran vs Hardened??

AntSmithMan

I just completed Veteran after about two days (4-6 hrs a day :mad:). I am planning on completing Hardened tomorrow seeing how its the only trophy between me and the plat. I am wondering if there are as many health packs as reg. difficulty. Also if there is health regeneration, and what the enemys are like, etc. Its been a while since I last beat it on Normal, Thanks.:D

Well, since you beat Veteran mode and if the game is still fresh in your mind, it should be easy. And there's definately health packs in hardened difficulty.:D Not as many as Normal or Easy difficulties, but more than enough to keep you alive if you still remember the checkpoint spots, enemy locations, objectives, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

a big dif I noticed is the large health packs are a little more scarce, but there are enough that you'll be able to get through fine. And considering that often enemies will drop packs too, I wouldn't worry. Cover/corner-leaning got me through Vet pretty quick, and I did the same with a little less care on hardened.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/TeamRKO.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The redeeming thing about Veteran is that the deaths feel fair. Anytime I get shot I feel like it is because I wasn't being careful enough (and you have to be super careful) or just didn't implement my tactics well enough. Being a quick shot and using cover and zoom work wonders. Every time I die I know I just have to play better.

I haven't finished it on Veteran yet, so maybe my opinion will change, but it has been a fun challenge.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Does veteran have ANY healt packs in the missions? If it doesn't have this will be a hard one for me. I was so frustrated many times when I was going trough on Black Ops veteran :mad:

No, there's no health packs in veteran.

I finished veteran mode today, and I've started going through hardened mode now. I'm literally breezing through levels on this difficulty. (So annoying that the 3 difficulty trophies don't stack!!)

I beat the game on Hardened (and Normal), and am now playing through Veteran (just finished Red Square).

Veteran is definitely harder, but I think getting to know the levels and tough spots in Hardened has made Veteran a little bit easier for me. I'm still dying plenty of times, but some of the levels I was worried about (Eder Dam, Lorry Escape, Battleship Tirpitz) weren't quite as bad as I thought they would be since I was familiar with the levels from my previous playthroughs.

Although we'll see if Pavlov's House and Rocket break my spirit once I get to those...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...