Call of Duty: World at War compared to Call of Duty Classic

Baqsam

Which game is harder on veteran difficulty?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is harder on veteran difficulty?

• Call of Duty: World at War
    • Call of Duty Classic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EASILY EASILY EASILY cod classic. The WHOLE game has been a real pain in the ass on veteran >.< with the awful checkpoint system if your below 33% health (and you will be on veteran. alot.) it wont create one. So its down to you getting a lucky run really... whereas on world at war you could at least make slight progress every death. and the only real challenge I found was heart of the Reich.

Classic difficulty IMO: 9

WaW difficulty IMO: 6.5

I gotta say WaW because it's so frustrating with hundreds of grenades in the air all the time. Classic was also very very difficult but it gave a fair challenge. I love it:)

I have only played the first map in WaW on veteran. That was enough pain for me.

Edited by PaulF1N

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Heart of the Reich is still the hardest mission in any COD game. I found Pavlov's House pretty easy. Only hard part was getting rid of the tanks but if you got the checkpoint, it was fine. You have to play a little more conservative in COD Classic with a health bar, but overall it wasn't that bad. Was really annoying having to do 3 playthroughs

I haven't quite finished COD: Classic on Veteran yet, I still have the last tank mission & the 3 conclusive missions.

I would say, however, that I would give COD: Classic a slightly higher difficulty rating only because of the lack of health recharge (as previously mentioned).

World At War would be simple by comparison if it weren't for all those goddamn facist grenades-throwers. I mean Heart of The Reich was an absolute joke.

I suppose the ultimate proof is that I haven't once got so frustrated with Classic that I've felt like belting something across the room :p

Well this may be a close one...

But! It all depends on the players unique experience of the game, I read in the thread and someone found Pavlovs House rather easy (yet I found this to be the hardest) and vice versa when it came to Heart of the Reich, I found that easier than Blowtorch/Corkscrew....

...I'll go with Classic - I felt FAR MORE VICTORIOUS getting to the top of the Reichstag on Classic than I did with World at War :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

would have to say WAW is harder, probably because for me Classic becomes a matter of memorizing where does the enemies come from and you are able to take your time. While in WAW you got infinite respawns and the grenade rain to deal with, so in WAW you pretty much have to run non stop in every level.

But then again, that truck level on Classic where Jason Statham is passing rocket ammunittion is the biggest pain in the *** that i got to deal with while playing a game.

It seems to me like players generally tend to pick Classic for difficulty because they played it more recently and so the memory of its difficulty is still refreshed in their heads. :p

No disrespect

thats where your wrong my friend....

i plat classic before waw(recently plat) and i still think classic is alot harder on veteran, waw for me was a bit hard too but i never felt like giving up or getting agressive, many people said that they broke the controllers or whatever when they plat waw on vet well i almost did that when i played classic:D.

I think World At War is harder than Classic. Everything in CoD:C is very scripted and generally, very predictable as well. The spawn points and the amount of enemies are both very precise, so if you die once, chances are you'll know where you made a mistake and won't make it again. If you play patiently and take your time, it's not that bad. World At War, however, was just one massive clusterfuck of infinite enemies and pinpoint grenades. It was cheap as much as it was hard.

I found the end section of Rocket to be the hardest in the whole game. I also found the first tank mission to be a bit of a pain.

I just need to beat the game twice more for the Plat. Sigh...

• 4 weeks later...

There is no way, this game is even close to as difficult as WaW. Sure, it's not easy, but WaW was ridiculously hard on veteran. I don't have my plat yet. I will in about an hour though. Only need to finish up on regular, I have about 3 or 4 missions left. Veteran sucked but just hitting every checkpoint with full health and following the video walkthrough made this pretty easy compared to WaW. WaW was the hardest thing i've ever done in a video game and I've played a lot of games. Only thing that even comes close to WaW on veteran was KZ2. WaW also, had other trophies that sucked, like shooting down 45 japanese zeroes, while this only has veteran mode that is challenging. It's hard for me to believe that anyone that voted CoD classic as being harder got the plat. on WaW.

Edited by AKA_Lex_Diamonds

There is no way, this game is even close to as difficult as WaW. Sure, it's not easy, but WaW was ridiculously hard on veteran. I don't have my plat yet. I will in about an hour though. Only need to finish up on regular, I have about 3 or 4 missions left. Veteran sucked but just hitting every checkpoint with full health and following the video walkthrough made this pretty easy compared to WaW. WaW was the hardest thing i've ever done in a video game and I've played a lot of games. Only thing that even comes close to WaW on veteran was KZ2. WaW also, had other trophies that sucked, like shooting down 45 japanese zeroes, while this only has veteran mode that is challenging. It's hard for me to believe that anyone that voted CoD classic as being harder got the plat. on WaW.

i respect your opinion, but as i just said........ "opinion"

we all have different various kind of skills, you see i have the exact opposite thought then your thought, i found classic to be more difficult then both KZ2 and WAW. and this comes from someone having both waw and classic plat AND... even KZ2 lol

just saying :)

I thought Classic was harder on Veteran than KZ2 on Elite, although I didn't use a walkthrough for either (except the last level on KZ2 but that was a stroke of impatience). Can't say anything about WaW; the new CoD games doesn't really interest me, though I own CoD4.

How hard is KZ2 plat, carlito? I haven't played it much online, are those trophies harder than beating it on Elite?